• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 160 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

9.7/10

Great Luxury Car For The Money

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"97 but, looks new, comfortable, quiet, fast, great sound system, sharp!. Have achieved nearly 26 on the HWY with AC on. 185K and still feels just like new, paid $3500 for Luxury and dependability. Could Only get this with a Lexus, it's a Toyota, Notorious for Engineering excellence. Kaizen, look it up. Never have seen these in the scrap yard unlike BMW's and Mercedes. Unless they were totaled."

A really great car!

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, powerful and good mpg!"

Cons: "None for me!"

"I bought this car with 75,000 miles on it. It now has 302,000 miles and runs and drives like it did when I bought it, smooth as silk! I test drove an LS460 because I was thinking about changing but my car rode just as good as the LS460! Even if I buy an LS460, I'll keep my LS400. I think in 20 years this car will bring big bucks!"

The best car ever.

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

"285K miles with only tires, brakes and oil changes. It still rides and drives like new. I think 400k is within reach."

The Greatest Car Ever Built

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Greatest car ever built. Quality, comfort, speed.."

Cons: "Cost of repairs, but they are rare. Buy one."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

"I challenge you to read Chester Dawson -The Relentless Pursuit. I am a car freak. I have an internet car show. I drove in car commercials. I owned a restoration shop and raced in SCCA. I love cars, all kinds. But, this one, this one stopped me from buying cars like kids eat chips. It will run Albuquerque to Las Vegas at 90-100mph and get 25-28 with a full house. Its quiet, fast, balanced, and if you care for it, it will be your sanctuary from whatever you do for a living. As was said earlier, if you can find one, buy it now. BTW: Wifey has 189K on her 1999 LS400. Read the book, this IS the greatest car ever build."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

Amazing car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Best car in the world!"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I have wanted this car for a long time and finally got it a last year and it is truly amazing."

The VERY best auto I ever owned!!

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "It's got plenty of "zip" for any kind of driving"

Cons: "What's not to like -- I found no cons"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 33,000 miles on it. It has been garaged the entire time and has one-year old tires, new belts and hoses, drives like a dream and got 27mpg on a recent drive to and from NM mountains. I have used mid-grade gasoline for the past few years with no adverse effects. Regular maintenance has been done and the only un-expected repair was a replacement serpentine belt about a year after it was bought (at a regular scheduled maintenance at the dealer). The car will be sold ONLY because I have recently married and my husband has a new auto and pick-up. I know of no problems with the car; the rear seat has been sat in a dozen times, maybe. The color, silver sage, is a good one and the light grey interior makes for easy cleaning. Overall, this is a great car in very good condition."

Best Car I have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Sound, reliable, well built dependable car."

Cons: "Small Cup holders"

"I am the original owner of a 1997 LS 400. The car was purchased new in South Carolina and other than routine maintenance every 30K miles and oil changes, brakes and tires, this car has never been in for any repairs. Everything on this car still works. It is as quiet and smooth as it was the day I bought the car 15 years ago. It is driven daily 30 miles round trip and I average 26-27 mpg hwy, 21 mpg city consistently. It calls for "Premium", but I have used midgrade gasoline for all these years with no problems. This car has been driven on very long trips at least 10 times with absolutely no problems. It has also driven over 200 miles to the University our son attended more times than we can count until last year without a hitch. It is RWD, so this car is driven about 9 months per year and usually garaged from Dec-Mar, depending on the weather here in NC. We have yet to see the "Check Engine" light to come on in 15 years. Amazing car."

If you can find one -- BUY IT

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Solid, Safe, Reliable, Great on Gas, Beautiful ."

Cons: "My Lexus has- - NEVER YET-- bought me lunch."

"I'm 70 years old and have owned many cars. My 2000 Lexus LS is by far the best of the lot. I have driven my Lexus cross country (USA) several times; coast to coast and back within Canada; and also to deep interior Mexico, twice, with only one repair needed---A FLAT TIRE FIXED :) :)"

A great automobile

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and rides wonderful"

Cons: "Head room if you are tall only a inch or so."

"I bought this car when it was 5 years old with 43,000 miles on it. I t has been and still is a wonderful car.I do not drive it in the winter and keep it garaged and it looks and drives like new. The gas mileage on a V8 is 22-25 and up to 27 on highway drives. If I get another one I will go for the LS with all wheel drive and a few more gadgets. I like the sguare stile of this car because it is easy to judge instead of the round style so I keep waiting for the LS to change before I look for a newer one.Of course it may be years so I will keep what I have and enjoy it very much in good weather. If you want a great car and can find one of these early LS models they are very good cars. Most people tend to keep them and do not give them up to easy especially if they have been maintained and cared for."

Better gas mileage than new

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Great steering, power, roomy leather interior"

"I bought the LS400 new in 1998. I now have 147,000 miles and it still averages 23 in the City to 25-28MPG freeway. I was disapointed to find the newer Lexus LS 460 only gets 16MPG city. This model is a keeper. What I love most is the steering...turns on a dime and u-turns are no problem at all. Virtually maintenance free except for oil changes, but plan to spend $1-2K on maintenance and repairs about every other year."