1999 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 176 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Better gas mileage than new

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Great steering, power, roomy leather interior"

"I bought the LS400 new in 1998. I now have 147,000 miles and it still averages 23 in the City to 25-28MPG freeway. I was disapointed to find the newer Lexus LS 460 only gets 16MPG city. This model is a keeper. What I love most is the steering...turns on a dime and u-turns are no problem at all. Virtually maintenance free except for oil changes, but plan to spend $1-2K on maintenance and repairs about every other year."

The Greatest Car Ever Built

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Greatest car ever built. Quality, comfort, speed.."

Cons: "Cost of repairs, but they are rare. Buy one."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

"I challenge you to read Chester Dawson -The Relentless Pursuit. I am a car freak. I have an internet car show. I drove in car commercials. I owned a restoration shop and raced in SCCA. I love cars, all kinds. But, this one, this one stopped me from buying cars like kids eat chips. It will run Albuquerque to Las Vegas at 90-100mph and get 25-28 with a full house. Its quiet, fast, balanced, and if you care for it, it will be your sanctuary from whatever you do for a living. As was said earlier, if you can find one, buy it now. BTW: Wifey has 189K on her 1999 LS400. Read the book, this IS the greatest car ever build."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

The VERY best auto I ever owned!!

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "It's got plenty of "zip" for any kind of driving"

Cons: "What's not to like -- I found no cons"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 33,000 miles on it. It has been garaged the entire time and has one-year old tires, new belts and hoses, drives like a dream and got 27mpg on a recent drive to and from NM mountains. I have used mid-grade gasoline for the past few years with no adverse effects. Regular maintenance has been done and the only un-expected repair was a replacement serpentine belt about a year after it was bought (at a regular scheduled maintenance at the dealer). The car will be sold ONLY because I have recently married and my husband has a new auto and pick-up. I know of no problems with the car; the rear seat has been sat in a dozen times, maybe. The color, silver sage, is a good one and the light grey interior makes for easy cleaning. Overall, this is a great car in very good condition."

perfection

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"bought mine at 79000 miles. put in a new timing belt because the manuel said too.Probably didn"t need to.Absolutly best car i have ever owned.Drives like a dream.Long trips are a piece of cake and you feel so secure in it.Have 110000 miles now and it still drives like its brand new.When getting oil changed, have a Toyota dealership do it and save yourself about 50 percent.Unfortuantly,I am now spoiled and will not drive anything but a LS.Do yourself a favor and get one-you will be shocked on how its the perfect car."

By far best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Looks, reliability, comfort"

"I bought my LS400 when it was 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. It has far exceeded my expectations in every way. The reliability, luxurious ride, classic good looks and easy maintenance have been a pleasure. I will purchase another. After accumulating more than 200,000 miles on it, I still would not hesitate to put it on the road going anywhere. It's just that good."