1999 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 152 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

The Greatest Car Ever Built

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Greatest car ever built. Quality, comfort, speed.."

Cons: "Cost of repairs, but they are rare. Buy one."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

"I challenge you to read Chester Dawson -The Relentless Pursuit. I am a car freak. I have an internet car show. I drove in car commercials. I owned a restoration shop and raced in SCCA. I love cars, all kinds. But, this one, this one stopped me from buying cars like kids eat chips. It will run Albuquerque to Las Vegas at 90-100mph and get 25-28 with a full house. Its quiet, fast, balanced, and if you care for it, it will be your sanctuary from whatever you do for a living. As was said earlier, if you can find one, buy it now. BTW: Wifey has 189K on her 1999 LS400. Read the book, this IS the greatest car ever build."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

Amazing car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Best car in the world!"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"This is the best car I have ever owned. I have wanted this car for a long time and finally got it a last year and it is truly amazing."

The VERY best auto I ever owned!!

By on Friday, December 07, 2012

Pros: "It's got plenty of "zip" for any kind of driving"

Cons: "What's not to like -- I found no cons"

"I bought this car in 2000 with 33,000 miles on it. It has been garaged the entire time and has one-year old tires, new belts and hoses, drives like a dream and got 27mpg on a recent drive to and from NM mountains. I have used mid-grade gasoline for the past few years with no adverse effects. Regular maintenance has been done and the only un-expected repair was a replacement serpentine belt about a year after it was bought (at a regular scheduled maintenance at the dealer). The car will be sold ONLY because I have recently married and my husband has a new auto and pick-up. I know of no problems with the car; the rear seat has been sat in a dozen times, maybe. The color, silver sage, is a good one and the light grey interior makes for easy cleaning. Overall, this is a great car in very good condition."

Best Car I have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Sound, reliable, well built dependable car."

Cons: "Small Cup holders"

"I am the original owner of a 1997 LS 400. The car was purchased new in South Carolina and other than routine maintenance every 30K miles and oil changes, brakes and tires, this car has never been in for any repairs. Everything on this car still works. It is as quiet and smooth as it was the day I bought the car 15 years ago. It is driven daily 30 miles round trip and I average 26-27 mpg hwy, 21 mpg city consistently. It calls for "Premium", but I have used midgrade gasoline for all these years with no problems. This car has been driven on very long trips at least 10 times with absolutely no problems. It has also driven over 200 miles to the University our son attended more times than we can count until last year without a hitch. It is RWD, so this car is driven about 9 months per year and usually garaged from Dec-Mar, depending on the weather here in NC. We have yet to see the "Check Engine" light to come on in 15 years. Amazing car."

If you can find one -- BUY IT

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Solid, Safe, Reliable, Great on Gas, Beautiful ."

Cons: "My Lexus has- - NEVER YET-- bought me lunch."

"I'm 70 years old and have owned many cars. My 2000 Lexus LS is by far the best of the lot. I have driven my Lexus cross country (USA) several times; coast to coast and back within Canada; and also to deep interior Mexico, twice, with only one repair needed---A FLAT TIRE FIXED :) :)"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25