• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Lexus LS

9.4

Based on 131 Ratings for the 1990 - 1994 models.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Very safe, Very reliable and a great value"

Cons: "the styling of the car could be better"

"I've owned this car for 17 years. I put a lot of miles on all of my cars but I keep them clean and well maintained. This car is undoubtedly the best car I've owned. It runs well and I've done very little in terms of maintenance beyond the normal preventive maintenance. When I bought the car it was the quietest car I had ever been in. Over the years I hear more creeks and interior noises but when I test drive other cars looking to replace my LS very few of them are as quiet. Now I'm curious how long it will go. I'm going to try for 500K miles. Great vehicle."

My 1990 "silver bullet" is fabulous!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Great fun to drive - has a lot of go."

Cons: "Some inside trim is starting to come loose."

"Bought the car in 1998 with about 76,000 miles on it - one owner before me. I bought it for the looks and comfort it afforded. I had back surgery and needed that feature. Sound system is unsurpassed to this day. It is expensive to repair. Luckily it hasn't needed so many that it would cause me to give her up. Replaced the air conditioning system twice. Thought about giving it up then, but just can't bring myself to do it. She has become part of me. The control panel is nicely lit at night and controls are easy to reach. It would be great if it took regular gas in these days of crazy prices, but putting premium in it isn't so terrible, as I think I get decent gas mileage. Love, love love my silver bullet!!"

I purchased this car when it was eight years old

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "great car"

"have had it eleven years.It is the best car I ever owned."

best car i ever had

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

"This is one of the best cars i had"

Love my baby!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "comfort, style, reliability"

Cons: "few repairs but all are pricey!"

"I purchased the original model year LS400 in 1990. I loved it then. Love it now. Only when someone talking on a cell phone failed to look up and see traffic was stopped did I make a change. My beautiful, mint condition 1990 was in pieces and I was relatively unhurt. (The CHP said they had never seen a fatality in a Lexus) I searched and searched for a 1990 but couldn't find one and settle for 1993. My new baby is every bit as comfortable but even with low mileage (122k) she is starting to have problems. The sun roof leaks, I need a major repair to a part of the exhaust system which is right behind the firewall and takes massive amounts of labor, the stereo has gone out, it has the classic early LS400 electrical problem that causes loss of lighting in the dash.... an I still want to keep her! It's hard to drop more money in to a car than the car is worth but I live in a downtown area and don't drive that much so until she just gives out, I'm keeping her - and mostly happily tucked away in my small garage where that beautiful, long stretched line that I will always love fits by one inch! FWIW - anyone who has back pain problems needs this car. The driver's seat is the only place I can sit without pain. I have always said it's like driving a barcalounger that will be over 120mph quickly of you don't pay attention. FYI - Nakamishi sound system was well worth the price!"

My best baby!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"I absolutely adore this car. I have owned 5 Cadillacs and they don't even come close to this car. When you start this car yoou cannot hear or feel it inside until you step on the gas. My current plan is to drive it until I die. Best ever....!!!"

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Good car and still looks good."

Dream Car

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Absolute dream car...bought off the street from original owner with 122000...paint is like brand new looking....totally smooth ride at 80mph....I paid more than blue book but you can't find them. Waxed it twice the first two months!!"

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love My Lady

By on Wednesday, April 06, 2011

"OMG I Love Lady I get great compliments on her still she is beautiful I am 3 owner brought her with 123,000 May 2010 came with winter tires on rims only had to put brakes on and oil changes will hold on to her for awhile I am told it will last years with proper up keep I hope so because I am enjoying her immensely"