1994 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 132 Ratings for the 1990 - 1994 models.

Wouldn't trade it!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I have had my Lexus LS400 for over 5 years and I can't begin to tell you what a great car this is! It is by far the nicest car you will see or drive for its age. Very little has been done to it. You will not regret getting this car if you can find one! I have toyed around with getting a newer car and every one I have driven doesn't compare to my Lexus...I plan on keeping mine for quite some time."

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"Lexus first introduced this car in 1989, releasing it as the 1990 Lexus LS400. 8% of it's sales that year were from BMW and Mercedes buying them, trying to figure out how Lexus did it. It is indeed a great car. I don't care about gas mileage really, but I can get 24/25mpg on the highway, with a V8! The engine is completely silent. Not as powerful as other cars I own, but still an excellent engine nonetheless. The styling is somewhat timeless, as it still looks great today parked next to my other modern-day cars. I use mine as a daily driver, and while I don't get on the gas that much in this car, it still does a great job for 260hp in a 4000lbs car. The 0-60 is around 7 to 7.5 sec. The car is extremely technologically advanced for the time period it was produced, as many luxury cars (cough cough BMW) are just catching on to a few of the gadgets that are available in this 15-year-old vehicle. I paid $3500 for my LS400, in great condition. Sure, gas was $4.50/gal at the time, so the V8 didn't help it's resale value, but I got a great deal on it. I believe this car sells for that range now. If you have the money and are interested, ignore the 7-Series, S-Class, and Legend... get the LS400- you won't be disappointed."

One of the Greatest Vehicles ever built

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"The first generation of Lexus LS 400'S, particularly 1993 & 1994, are one of the greatest automobiles ever built. If you can find one with reletively low mileage grab it. Extremely reliable, luxurious and quiet ride, like riding in a very quiet Jet."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Very safe, Very reliable and a great value"

Cons: "the styling of the car could be better"

"I've owned this car for 17 years. I put a lot of miles on all of my cars but I keep them clean and well maintained. This car is undoubtedly the best car I've owned. It runs well and I've done very little in terms of maintenance beyond the normal preventive maintenance. When I bought the car it was the quietest car I had ever been in. Over the years I hear more creeks and interior noises but when I test drive other cars looking to replace my LS very few of them are as quiet. Now I'm curious how long it will go. I'm going to try for 500K miles. Great vehicle."

Great all around

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"I'm a senior in high school. I owned this car for two years. The most reliable car ever. The best starter car. I couldn't have ask for a better car. It had 266000 miles on it and it still drove like a car straight out of the dealer. Very comfortable and also looks great with a few add-ons."