2015 Lexus IS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,286 - $34,741.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

so much fun to drive with an excellent sleek look

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pros: "absolute fun to drive, insanely good looks"

Cons: "getting in/out with no seat memry-for big/tall ppl"

"I bought this car for 3 main reasons: 1) small / speedy / nifty / sporty 2) insane good looks 3) price range (around 40k). I shopped around and toyed with Mercedes CLA / C300, BMW 3 series, Audi A3/A4/A5, and Infiniti Q50 - before finally choosing the 2014 Lexus IS 350. It came good (and how!) on all the 3 factors listed above. It drives like a little beast (306 hp V6 - yeah baby!) with very quick acceleration, and great maneuverability (getting in and out and weaving through traffic feels like child's play on this car). Even then, this is one of the smoothest rides I have experienced (ofcourse probably not as smooth as a Merc but this lexus IS has much superior drivability than a Merc) This is probably one of the best looking cars on the streets currently - I lost count of how many times I have been complemented on its good looks, not just by family/friends but even random strangers. If you want to stand out in the driveway, on the parking lot or on the road, then go for this little beauty (ours is a black beauty). The only con I can really say is that the interiors do feel a little cramped but you really cannot expect vast/roomy interiors on a sports sedan like this one. The Merc C300 in fact felt a lot more crampy. Getting in and out especially for those accustomed to larger cars can take some time to get used to, but once inside its all OK. And of yeah, no seat position memory - that could have actually solved the getting in/out problem (NOTE to Lexus). In short, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this car and so does my wife (who is slowly turning into a speed junkie driving this car) and feel that we made one of the wisest decisions of our lives by going for this one."

Great car and the buying experience was perfect

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Styling, nuluxe, ventilated seats, park assist"

Cons: "a little more power in the 2.5 wouldnt hurt"

"Ive owned BMW's and Mercedes in the past. I traded in my 2011 Mercedes GLK, which i loved and gave me no problems. The one area that Lexus shines in customer service. I bought a silver IS first and the dealer actually took it back a week later to make me happy with the starfire pearl white. Unheard of and Lexus of New Orleans is second to none. As for the IS250, i have been thouroghly happy. The nuluxe interior feels much more like leather than the MB tex in my MB. The car is smooth, the engine is super quite and everything is placed out perfectly. The 2.5 is adequate and the design has garnered a bunch of attention and most has been very positive. I switched to Lexus so that i could keep a car past warrenty. BMW was the worst, MB was great and gave me no problem at all, but I did not feel comfortable outside of warrenty. Lexus reliability is why i moved over to Lexus. Hightly recommend the 2014 IS 250!"

IS350 F-Sport. Absolute fun!

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling and Dynamics, Seating Comfort"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"The 350 is a blast when driven fast and is amazingly smooth while cruising. I would rate it over the other vehicles in its class."

CR didn't like this car?

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"I purchased the 2014 IS 350. Maybe CR didn't like the 2013 IS 250? There is a big difference. I've driven BMW, Audi's etc.. This is the funnest and most joyful vehicle I have ever driven. It absolutely does whatever you want. Sport mode acceleration is unreal although you won't use it in everyday driving, hopefully. Getting in and out may be a bit tight, but once in the car it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Only wish it had seat position memory."

A Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "LED DRL and headlights, F-Sport TFT Gauges, NuLuxe"

Cons: "Front cupholders location, some cheap plastics"

"I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! The 2.5 liter engine has been adequate for my driving needs both on the highway and in the city. For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. The turning radius is very small, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. Fuel economy is great for a car of this segment, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but seeing it in person definitely changed my perception. I have really grown fond of the styling and personally I now think it is one of the best-looking cars in the segment! My biggest complaint is the location of the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Also, Lexus could have used better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). On the other hand, the NuLuxe upholstery is a huge plus. NuLuxe is very soft and hard to distinguish from genuine leather."