2015 Lexus IS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,963 - $35,862.

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

A Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "LED DRL and headlights, F-Sport TFT Gauges, NuLuxe"

Cons: "Front cupholders location, some cheap plastics"

"I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! The 2.5 liter engine has been adequate for my driving needs both on the highway and in the city. For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. The turning radius is very small, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. Fuel economy is great for a car of this segment, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but seeing it in person definitely changed my perception. I have really grown fond of the styling and personally I now think it is one of the best-looking cars in the segment! My biggest complaint is the location of the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Also, Lexus could have used better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). On the other hand, the NuLuxe upholstery is a huge plus. NuLuxe is very soft and hard to distinguish from genuine leather."

2nd lexus Ive owned and love it!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, different from others."

Cons: "none as of yet."

"Ive owned 5 Luxury cars and my 07 IS and the new IS I got in July have been the most durable and fun driving Sport cars Ive owned. I had an 05 BMW3 and owned Infinitis and Lexus is my favorite!!!"

great driving dynamics. lots of improvements

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Driving dynamics, interior comforts, ext design"

Cons: "An HDMI/miracast rather than the 4 pole port"

"I owned the previous IS and recently got the new IS 250 with F sport. This is a completely new car from the previous model, which was great in most aspects but lacked a bit in driving dynamics. The new one is a blast to drive. If you are looking for great driving dynamics, this car is fantastic. I would recommend the I350 with f Sports as that one comes with better suspension and a better gear box. Inside the car feels roomier and more comfortable. Onboard electronics and comforts are state of the art. The rear seat, which in the previous model was for infants only now allows for 2 adults (not 3), though I would not consider this a car for a long trip with 4 adults. I can't rate reliability as I have had this car for just a month. But build quality looks tip top."

What a car!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant looking and well built."

Cons: "Lack of decent storage spaces."

"I just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The car goes like nobody's business, the fit and finish is impeccable and it's very comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is there isn't much storage space. The center console compartment is smaller than I'd hoped for. The navigation system is easy to operate once you spend a little time figuring it out. The blind-spot warning system is pretty touchy, as it tends to go off every time someone passes me on the road. The seats are very supportive and firm, and can be a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to them. This is my first Lexus, and in the past I've gotten new cars every 3-5 years. Not this time. This one's staying in the family for 8-10 years, at least."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next