2014 Lexus IS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,068 - $36,620.

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

IS350 F-Sport. Absolute fun!

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling and Dynamics, Seating Comfort"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"The 350 is a blast when driven fast and is amazingly smooth while cruising. I would rate it over the other vehicles in its class."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Excellent driving Quality build. Lexus reliability"

Cons: "Price."

"Purchased the IS250 F sport approximately six weeks ago. The fit and finish is excellent. The front seat room is a bit tight, and would be for a larger driver. (F sport seats) The rear seat room is surprisingly quite good. The car handles very well, and the steering is weighted properly. Visibility is excellent. Manuvering and parking is easy. The IS250 v6 power is acceptable. The nav system is easy to operate, clear and concise. If you're not up on the latest electronic features, be prepared for a large learning curve. Gas mileage is aroung 28mpg on premium fuel."

A Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "LED DRL and headlights, F-Sport TFT Gauges, NuLuxe"

Cons: "Front cupholders location, some cheap plastics"

"I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! The 2.5 liter engine has been adequate for my driving needs both on the highway and in the city. For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. The turning radius is very small, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. Fuel economy is great for a car of this segment, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but seeing it in person definitely changed my perception. I have really grown fond of the styling and personally I now think it is one of the best-looking cars in the segment! My biggest complaint is the location of the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Also, Lexus could have used better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). On the other hand, the NuLuxe upholstery is a huge plus. NuLuxe is very soft and hard to distinguish from genuine leather."

What a car!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant looking and well built."

Cons: "Lack of decent storage spaces."

"I just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The car goes like nobody's business, the fit and finish is impeccable and it's very comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is there isn't much storage space. The center console compartment is smaller than I'd hoped for. The navigation system is easy to operate once you spend a little time figuring it out. The blind-spot warning system is pretty touchy, as it tends to go off every time someone passes me on the road. The seats are very supportive and firm, and can be a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to them. This is my first Lexus, and in the past I've gotten new cars every 3-5 years. Not this time. This one's staying in the family for 8-10 years, at least."

My First Luxury Sports Car

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pros: "Smooth, sexy, fun to drive"

Cons: "Lexus Enform is not campatible with Samsung 5"

"I LOVE my IS 250 F Sport, it's smooth yet sporty driving feel is something I look forward to everyday. I previously owned a 4 Runner, Tundra, Tacoma....I miss the size of those vehicles (my husband has the Tundra still and my son drives the 4 Runner) but it was time for me to have "MY" car. I've heard my passengers complain about the lack of arm rest/space. I also noticed the cup holders are too far back. All the electronics are in perfect reach for me. Complaint: My car isn't compatible with My Galaxy S5 so I don't get my messages as I'm suppose to. It only works with Iphone and I think older Galaxy phones."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next