2014 Lexus IS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,444 - $36,880.

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

I love my IS 350 F Sport

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive , reliable and great resale value"

Cons: "Rear seat leg room"

"Great looking Lexus , handling , unbelievable reliability and most importantly resale value . I paid $44500 for this car and it is still worth $39950 . No other cars , not BMW , not Mercedes , not Volvo , not Acura can come close to resale value ."

My best car yet

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles great and comfortable"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Bought the IS350 F Sport...Great choice!! Sport plus mode provides more than enough acceleration and takes corners with ease. All the goodies you could want and more!! Highly recommended."

Fun to drive and nice style

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and nice suspension"

Cons: "V6 engine instead 4 cylinder turbo..."

"This is my first Lexus, I had two MB and I have a BMW and to be honest, I'm impress about the suspension and the feeling of this f sport model... Nice car and great reliability. My only concern is about the engine... I was waiting for a 4 cylinder turbo engine. Now, I found that is going to be available for 2015 Well, my bad. No memory seat for the F model and no Reverse Mirror Tilt Module"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun, nice car,"

Cons: "cup holder almost on back, not a turbo engine"

"fun to drive, looks good and I just want a know why Lexus dont make a 4 cylinder turbo engine like the other? the millage is not to bad right is giving me 21.4 mpg. Overall great car!"

It's great

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "amazing interior and unique exterior"

Cons: "f sport package eliminates some useful options"

"If you buy the 250 instead of 350 just drive it on Sport mode ..it's so much fun and gives you confidence on the hwy too. If you want lots of power buy a Corvette :) same price :) Plus there are so many bmws 3 series on the road to get unnoticed with one"

A luxus in Toyota quality

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "good exterior and fun to drive."

Cons: "The hour glass gril looks too big for the car."

"Seats are not comfortable for long ride. Fit and finish is good but lacks precision. Road noice is way too much for a luxury car. Interior is extreamly cramped for the size of the car. Poor fuel economy for a small engine. Acceleration is not impressive."

CR didn't like this car?

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"I purchased the 2014 IS 350. Maybe CR didn't like the 2013 IS 250? There is a big difference. I've driven BMW, Audi's etc.. This is the funnest and most joyful vehicle I have ever driven. It absolutely does whatever you want. Sport mode acceleration is unreal although you won't use it in everyday driving, hopefully. Getting in and out may be a bit tight, but once in the car it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Only wish it had seat position memory."

IS350 F-Sport. Absolute fun!

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling and Dynamics, Seating Comfort"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"The 350 is a blast when driven fast and is amazingly smooth while cruising. I would rate it over the other vehicles in its class."

Great car and the buying experience was perfect

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Styling, nuluxe, ventilated seats, park assist"

Cons: "a little more power in the 2.5 wouldnt hurt"

"Ive owned BMW's and Mercedes in the past. I traded in my 2011 Mercedes GLK, which i loved and gave me no problems. The one area that Lexus shines in customer service. I bought a silver IS first and the dealer actually took it back a week later to make me happy with the starfire pearl white. Unheard of and Lexus of New Orleans is second to none. As for the IS250, i have been thouroghly happy. The nuluxe interior feels much more like leather than the MB tex in my MB. The car is smooth, the engine is super quite and everything is placed out perfectly. The 2.5 is adequate and the design has garnered a bunch of attention and most has been very positive. I switched to Lexus so that i could keep a car past warrenty. BMW was the worst, MB was great and gave me no problem at all, but I did not feel comfortable outside of warrenty. Lexus reliability is why i moved over to Lexus. Hightly recommend the 2014 IS 250!"

Excellent vehicle.

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Excellent driving Quality build. Lexus reliability"

Cons: "Price."

"Purchased the IS250 F sport approximately six weeks ago. The fit and finish is excellent. The front seat room is a bit tight, and would be for a larger driver. (F sport seats) The rear seat room is surprisingly quite good. The car handles very well, and the steering is weighted properly. Visibility is excellent. Manuvering and parking is easy. The IS250 v6 power is acceptable. The nav system is easy to operate, clear and concise. If you're not up on the latest electronic features, be prepared for a large learning curve. Gas mileage is aroung 28mpg on premium fuel."

A Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "LED DRL and headlights, F-Sport TFT Gauges, NuLuxe"

Cons: "Front cupholders location, some cheap plastics"

"I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! The 2.5 liter engine has been adequate for my driving needs both on the highway and in the city. For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. The turning radius is very small, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. Fuel economy is great for a car of this segment, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but seeing it in person definitely changed my perception. I have really grown fond of the styling and personally I now think it is one of the best-looking cars in the segment! My biggest complaint is the location of the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Also, Lexus could have used better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). On the other hand, the NuLuxe upholstery is a huge plus. NuLuxe is very soft and hard to distinguish from genuine leather."

2nd lexus Ive owned and love it!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, different from others."

Cons: "none as of yet."

"Ive owned 5 Luxury cars and my 07 IS and the new IS I got in July have been the most durable and fun driving Sport cars Ive owned. I had an 05 BMW3 and owned Infinitis and Lexus is my favorite!!!"

great driving dynamics. lots of improvements

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Driving dynamics, interior comforts, ext design"

Cons: "An HDMI/miracast rather than the 4 pole port"

"I owned the previous IS and recently got the new IS 250 with F sport. This is a completely new car from the previous model, which was great in most aspects but lacked a bit in driving dynamics. The new one is a blast to drive. If you are looking for great driving dynamics, this car is fantastic. I would recommend the I350 with f Sports as that one comes with better suspension and a better gear box. Inside the car feels roomier and more comfortable. Onboard electronics and comforts are state of the art. The rear seat, which in the previous model was for infants only now allows for 2 adults (not 3), though I would not consider this a car for a long trip with 4 adults. I can't rate reliability as I have had this car for just a month. But build quality looks tip top."

What a car!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant looking and well built."

Cons: "Lack of decent storage spaces."

"I just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The car goes like nobody's business, the fit and finish is impeccable and it's very comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is there isn't much storage space. The center console compartment is smaller than I'd hoped for. The navigation system is easy to operate once you spend a little time figuring it out. The blind-spot warning system is pretty touchy, as it tends to go off every time someone passes me on the road. The seats are very supportive and firm, and can be a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to them. This is my first Lexus, and in the past I've gotten new cars every 3-5 years. Not this time. This one's staying in the family for 8-10 years, at least."