• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2012 Lexus IS

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Great Automobile

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

"I love this car. I have had it for 6 months and enjoy it everyday. It has been very reliable, and the top works perfectly. The car has excellent driving matters and changes from cruiser to a car that is very fun to drive simply with additional pressure applied to the gas pedal. The only issue I have had so far is an occasional squeak of the brakes, which has been described as the most common compliant about this automobile."

The REAL Ultimate Driving Machine!

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "Power, handling, luxury"

Cons: "several minor recalls"

"I bought the car new, as a gift for my wife, and got all the options. I felt that it was a good combination of power and luxury. At the same time, my brother bought a BMW 335i, so I have been able to do a lot of continual comparing as our cars age. I bought the Lexus because of comfort, power, and handling (pretty much in that order). Lexus did an outstanding job in this car in that they are all equal. The interior details are better than any other vehicle I've driven then and now. It has super-soft tight leather, bright clear instrument cluster, and a very quiet ride. The car is very quick with about as much useable power as can be used on-highway. The traction control is super smooth at all speeds and most average drivers would never know it was actually engaging. The handling is amazing for a sedan (as I recall, it beat the BMW 330 in the slalom by 1 mph, 66/65). The navigation still works nicely, but is not as intuitive as modern systems, of course. In comparison of the 2007 Lexus IS350 to the 2007 BMW 335i, the Lexus is a far superior car. It is equally powered, handles the same, but is way more comfortable (quiet, amazing sound system, supple leather, bright instrument cluster, etc.). Additionally, reliability has been much better for the Lexus. Tire life is about 25K per set, vs 15K for his 335 (he has had terrible problems with inner rear tire wear). Final (disappointing) thought... The newer Lexus IS's do not have nearly the quality of leather as our 2007. I have driven the new Lexus', BMW's, and Audi S4 (my top contenders for power, handling, luxury), but none of them impress me more than my 2007 IS350. I guess I'll be keeping it until someone steps up and makes a better car."

Great ride

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Not much trunk space when the top is down"

"This vehicle has been great! It's dependable and a great ride."

My Baby

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Driveability, Gas mileage"

Cons: "Quirky, Expensive upkeep"

"If this car were more dependable or less expensive to repair, it would be a perfect 10. Handles like a dream. Steering, stopping and maneuvering, as well as, pick up are what you dream a car could be. The recalls and quirks were a pain to deal with but although expensive, fairly convenient since the dealership provides a loaner. Moved from So. Cal. to Pacific NW and now need an AWD vehicle. I will miss this car but need something larger now."

the best for value and reliability

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

"I own a 2010 is 250 and i can say that owning it and driving it always puts a smile on my face.the interior is flawless with all the creature comfort that you can imagine plus an addition of some f-sport upgrades like exhaust system, air intake and f sport springs all around.all in all i rate the car as 10 for everyday driving with luxuries."