2012 Lexus IS

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Just OK

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years now. It eats tires, I get about 15 - 18k miles out of each set, and at 900 a set, thats not something I look forward to at all. The ride is noisy, and you can hear the cars passing by the car as well. For the price, I expected alot more from Lexus."

The power to convert

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I was looking in the market for 5, 3 series bmw or an audi A4 quattro and somehow I got convinced by my girlfriend that an IS is the best looking for the cars in its category (women can't be wrong on judging what's visually appealing :)). At first I agreed with her strictly on the looks of the car and I said I wanted something German and aggressive. But I soon saw that the 3-series had become very common like Honda civic. On the other hand the audi was a good candidate but its expensive maintenance costs once it is out of warranty convinced me that it was not the car for me. So why did I choose the IS250? because it fufilled my overall requirements: 1.AWD capability, 2. excellent reliability 3. best fuel consumption, especially for a car that has a V6 and all-wheel drive 4. sexy yet imposing exterior design and 5. a well-done interior with perforated heated/cooled leather seats and a unique dashboard. The drawbacks are the lack of rear knee space and what some consider as its underpowered engine. However considering that you're not driving around with a group and you're not drag-racing, this car is the perfect blend of a mid-size luxury sedan."

The Best Sports Car...

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I have had this car for 6 months and I love it the more I drive it, Where eles can you buy a 416hp and still get 26mpg in the HWY. And its a Lexus which will last for a long time... Great JOB"

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

ISFUNNN

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Love this car! F is for FUN! Lexus has a winner with this one! Fast, responsive, fun to drive, exceptional handeling, GREAT engine sound! Love the shifting options! Good gas mileage with cruise control on freeway. Around town...so so. Stiff suspension and ride. If you have a need for speed, this is your car! 0-60 (and higher) VERY quickly and smoothly. Car is only beginning to warm up at 60! Crank up the terrific stereo and ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! (Sharing some driving time with him, can be a good motivator for getting your teenage son in line!)"

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

Impressed but...

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I just purchased a 2009 IS 250 AWD. What impresses me so far is this car's handling. I've driven it in rain so far ( hasn't really snowed yet) and it handled just perfectly. I'm a bit disappointed at the dealer though. Everytime I call to get their intial "first 30 day inspection" they tell me there is a long LONG wait! Hmmm... Anyway, the average MPG I'm getting in the city (Chicago) is about 19.5, so the est. mpg advertised is pretty accurate. My only complaint would be the storage in the middle consule and it's bit awkward reaching in because of how it's positioned. I'm a 5'10" 215 guy and I feel a bit cramped in the cabin itself. I think I'll eventually get used to it. Also, I would have liked to have seen some kind of an opening for my phone adaptor and/or my mp3 plaker cord as it is plugged inside the console and I have to keep it open while I'm driving and utilizing these electronics. Overall, it's a good buy!"

2006 Lexus IS 250

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"The car is great all around. The all-wheel drive feature is key in my decision to purchase the car. I am amazed by the number of luxurious features associated with the vehicle. The navigation is pin-point accurate and the heating and cooling seats are a great feature. I love the bluetooth compatibility with the use of my cell phone. In terms of performance, it does not compare to my last car (a BMW M3), but one can understand that as their is a drastic difference in cost. Overall, I am very happy to have this car because it is a good value for a sporty looking vehicle that still has 4 doors and decent trunk space."

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"The only problem I can really think of with this car is that the rear seat has little space. No big deal though, I bought the car for me to be in the driver seat so to me, PERFECT!!!"

My first choice

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"This is one nice luxury car for an entry level buyer. The engine is smooth and gets good gas mileage when I take it easy, about 23/28. Customer service is like none other I have experienced. Seats could be a little easier on the back but with power everything you can't ask for much more."

amazing

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"This car is so awesome!! It's so luxurious yet really sporty at the same time! I love driving it and it's so comfortable! The navigation is one of my favorite feature's on the car! I use to be HORRIBLE with direction's, now with my GPS I NEVER get lost anymore! I love it! The car doesn't have very much leg room, so I would not reccomend this vehicle to a very big person, it can get really cramped!! The back seat also doesn't have much leg room and the trunk isn't very large. Other than those few minor flaw's the car is perfect! The paddle shifting is so much fun! It makes me feel like I'm driving a manual again. The bluetooth is awesome too! It comes in handy, only bad thing is when I'm using it, people think I'm talking to myself, lol ... oh well! I love this car and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a small extremely fun sporty car!"

Fun to drive, loads of power and over 25 mpg!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "power, gas mileage, transmission and good looks"

Cons: "stiff steering at low speeds, rough ride at times"

"Owned this car for 4 years now. Always fun to have the fastest car at the traffic light even though its looks are quite mild. Comfortable, easy to drive and returns wonderful gas mileage from 25-29 mpg consistantly. Steering is somewhat stiff and ride can at times feel unsprung but a small price to pay for a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds and can feel glued to the road. Highly recommend the IS F to anyone who enjoys a responsive gas pedal and a great looking ride. 420 HP is readily available and the 8 speed automatic is wonderfully smooth and quick to shift. Why not have fun on the road?"

It's everything you would want in a sports car!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive & good on gas."

Cons: "rear passangers are not 100% comfortable"

"I love this car! It has everything a sports car should have: body type, acceleration, compact, good on gas, beautiful interior, accesories...everything!!! What more can I say? Only downside if I had to pick one would be passengers in the back are not 100% comfortable, but they manage."

Powerful engine, beautiful design, full of gadgets

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, reliability"

Cons: "very expensive navigation updates"

"I have my IS 350 for over 3 years now and I can tell I'm really happy with the car. I chose it at first for the horsepower and good name that Lexus has, and I don't regret it a bit. I had a 3 Series before, but I'm thinking my next car will be another Lexus."

sporty and faaast!

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, gorgeous to look at!"

Cons: "none so far"

"Had this car for a year (bought it used 1 owner prior). I love that it's a head turner appearance wise and pure luxury inside. It's my first Lexus and I will never drive anything else."

Its the best car I have owned known .....

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "50 character is not enough to describe !!!"

Cons: "Very little room in the back seat."

"If you are looking into buying this car, this may be the best dicision as far as car buying si concerned. Its fuel efficient considering its a V6. Style second to none. Driving experience, I have driven quite a few cars but none of them handles the road the way this one does. Excellent acceleration, instant response, and super quite. The interior is designed to the perfection. The only back draw is its little too compact for 4 people or family with babies, since there is not much room in the back. Any how the newer model ate not as good as the 2006- 2007 model as far as the looks are concerned. But over all the car is well worth its cost."

Great, sporty and different car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive, Awesome sound, Full of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat is tiny. could be more quiet."

"I didnt want to go with the "traditional" luxury brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and this Lexus poised a great option. I bought it CPO, and it was in GREAT shape. It handles in a sporty way although a turbo would be great. IT's finish is fantastic, and the comfort design is truly great. I recommend it hands down."

LEXUS ALMOST GOT IT RIGHT

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"This car has so many positves. Great interior and exterior styling, incredible engine and acceleration, typical Lexus build-quality throughout and decent mileage. In a perfect world however, it falls short in 2 categories: 1) steering feel(numb and over-assisted) and 2) transmission shifting points (1st and 2nd gear just shift too quickly and abruptly."

It was my first car

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fast, comfortable,and safe"

Cons: "not distinctive enough"

"I got this car for my 18th birthday and loved it. I totaled my first one due to being pushed under an 18 wheeler and walked away from the accident completely unharmed. when I got my second one I fell back in love with it. It is a great car,fun to drive and very FAST! my only complaint is to make it more distinctive from the other IS models. The reliability is amazing on this car and I would definetly buy another one!"

A little rocket ship!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Maintance costs!"

"Great car and fun to drive! Lots of power and great handling! Lots of legroom for tall person in front seat. Backseat legroom is tight if you have tall person in back. Lots of HP for high-traffic areas of town where you need to have the power to get out in traffic."

Great for snow.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

for sale

"this is an excellent car I recomend it to anybody. It's great for snow also."

for sale

Fun, yet practical

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Decent gas mileage for AWD and quality interior"

Cons: "a little lacking in power, but still adequate."

"This is a great car. Fun to drive, yet practical. It gets pretty good gas mileage too. I average about 23 mpg. I have the IS 250 AWD and it is good in snow as well. My last car was an Infiniti G35, so any all-wheel drive vehicle would be an upgrade in snow. It has the pep when you need it, but not so much to get you into trouble by just putting your foot on the gas. The back seat is not the roomiest for a 4 door, but OK for my needs. I would definitely recommend the vehicle. Get it loaded though. The packages are sort of weird.....you have to get a certain package to get blue tooth...just things like that. It is great as a loaded vehicle. Expect to pay just north of $40,000 loaded though."

The most for your money

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Luxury, Ride Quality, Gas Mileage, etc."

Cons: "Traction Control does not disengage"

"By far the most comfortable sports car I've ever had. Though more of a sport touring than actual sports car, the paddle shifters and 300 hp give you more than enough to have a fun drive down curvy roads with plenty of power for passing. The IS350 gives you ultra luxury with decent performance. While fun to drive the IS350 gets pretty good gas mileage too. The sunroof is smooth, quick and quite, the car seems to ride on air, and the little extras to include the push button start just make this car the perfect all around vehicle. I get numerous compliments. I have yet to have any trouble and all I do is change the oil. The service given at Lexus Dealerships is superb, far above BMW. I hhighly recommend this vehicle, I won't go back to owning anything else. The only thing I do not like is that you cannot disengage the traction control for more than a few seconds and only up to 40mph. It is quick to apply the brakes so while cornering it can be a nuisance. This was changed in later years, 2008 and newer I believe. I also dislike the amount of body roll in hard cornering, this can be fixed by purchasing the F-Sport suspension and I plan to. Other than that, great car!"