2011 Lexus IS

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

An above average luxury car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "sporty looking, awd, quality, luxury car"

Cons: "doesnt quite hold up to its competitors"

"I purchased the vehicle used 2nd owner with about 51000 miles on the car. I am a younger gentleman who enjoys luxury cars and automotive sports. The 06 IS250 AWD is a nice luxury car overall however it does leave a bit of room for improvement. The vehicle is All wheel drive and alright on gas milage. I usually get 18 city and 22 hwy. though these numbers are based at lower speeds (<50 MPH) When I take longer drives on the highway its not uncommon for me to see around 28ish MPG traveling at a decent speed. First the value. The vehicle is on the high ball of the vehicles competitors such as the BMW 3 series or the Infinity, Mercedes counterparts. Especially in this current economy and it being a used car. However it does hold its value a bit more than other cars. The loop I got at the dealership was that the car is AWD and good on gas. Though there are a few other cars that are much much better on gas and still AWD. I stuck with a Lexus due to its heritage and reliability. Driving dynamics to me are very important. I frequent autocross races by the SCCA as well as the occasional twisty backroads. The vehicle weighs quite a bit for being a luxury car and a car in general, even for a 4 door saloon. It is also rather top heavy. Google autocross by the SCCA and you can see why that may be a problem for me. I wanted a car that was quick and agile but still luxury. It kind of failed that want. However you can't necessarily test that with a dealer rep in the car on a test drive. It also lacks much power. I know that a standard base honda or a minivan can out power this V6 so don't expect a sports car handling nor power. Though compared to its competitors, the vehicle stands the furthest behind in the performance catagory. Reliability on my car has been tested in this short time I have owned the vehicle. When Lexus states its Maintenance intervals need to be done, they are right on the money. I just completed the 60k miles and it was the perfect time to do all the items mentioned. So if the previous owner did the Maintenance than the car is reliable in that as long as the schedule is followed the car runs like a dream. However if things are neglected, like my brake fluid was, the consequences can be adverse and costly. The interior of the vehicle is well done and perfect in almost every aspect. The only change to be made would be to add a different radio/center consol button color instead of classic toyota green to match the interior of the is250. Side note. When shopping for one of these cars. Look into the three "packages" and all the options prior to your search. Some things available in certain packages are costly to upgrade if purchased without. For example, if you dislike the standard radio and want navigation, choose your car wisely. There is only 1 (terrible) option to upgrade to navigation and its aftermarket and costly. Lexus informed me that you either get navigation initally or not at all. Also things like illuminated side sills on the luxury package are around $300 to purchase later. The available packages are Luxury, Premium, and Sport. Options include Navigation, Mark Levinson Sound, headlamp washers, power rear sunshade, ect. All im saying is do your research and know what you want prior to looking. The exterior is sleek, sporty, and well designed. Other than the car looking a touch too high (gap between tire and wheel well) it has everything you could want on an exterior. The quality of the items in the vehicle is unmatched. The leather is quite perfect and quality. The wood trim appears quite high end though it is not real wood obviously. The exterior is well made and the paint is strong and durable. The engine feels strong. Keep in mind it is an extremely higher quality toyota. Though most of the parts of the car, as far as mechanical items go, are toyota parts. There be nothing left to say about comfort and convenience. The ride is peaceful and very smooth. I highly highly recommend the Navigation System since it is touch screen and adds great things like wireless bluetooth, a backup camera, GPS, touchscreen controls, detailed maintenance schedule, usb, auxilary ports, ect. this category is where the car shines. It is very technologically savy and advanced with tons of options and that lexus comfort. this category is the best of its competitors. Overall, if the car was slightly cheaper in initial price, had any kind of engine power/better handling, and got better gas milage...it would be a luxury supercar. Though the lexus does fall behind in some ways. Lastly and rarely mentioned, when repairs are needed, the labor and parts at a lexus dealership or even private dealership are beyond expensive. yes the maintenance isnt bad but it is very costly. my local dealer wanted 2,400 for the 60k maintenance. I did it all myself for around $500 in parts. Another piece of advice is to test out the cars.......and its competitors. Finally dont settle for anything less than fully loaded is250's. you wont regret it at all."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I have owned 2 BMW 3 series (purchased new) and encountered many mechanical/electrical issues. I was so happy when Lexus came out with the new IS body style...and I'm even happier I purchased it! This is the best car I have ever owned. I'm pretty sure I will stick with Lexus in the future."

Own the Best

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I have owned my share of nice vehicles.04 Maxima,05 Acura TL,07 Yukon and this Lexus is the best.No complaints.Just lov'in it."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it is perfect"

Cons: "none ---- EXCEPT I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BUY THE GAS"

"My car is an AMAZING DRIVING MACHINE!!! COMFORT, SYLE and CLASS. I could drive it all day and all night forever and never tire of it. I bought it new off the showroom floor and have NEVER REGRETED IT ONCE!!!! I hope I own it FOREVER."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Perfect"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth it!!!"

"This car is a 10! I have owened 3 lexus, and several toyota and honda models and this is by far the best!!! I have no complaints, I just hope it lasts me a long time, I sold my last lexus with over 180,000 miles an it was still running great! This car is 6 years old with NO PROBLEMS!!! :)"

Great car bust dissapointing driver.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "amazing motor, quality interior, pleasing body"

Cons: "distance driving, no folding rear seats"

"Maybe 15th car I've owned in 35 years of driving, (certainly the most expensive as well). The IS350 is a stunning car in almost every respect. Build, features, amazing power from a reliable engine. Feed it gas and regular oil changes and that is it. Sadly drawbacks do eventually show up and begin to annoy you. The car tracks miserably on rough roads and concrete freeways. Very twitchy and requires your constant attention to stay in your lane. 500 Mile drives can be stressful and quite tiring on the arms. (To counter "nay Sayers",I now have three complete sets of tires and rims and have had Lexus plus 2 independents look at the suspension for flaws to no avail.) On back twisty roads, the car shows a side of itself that is sure to put a smile on any drivers face. Other points... What you buy is what you get... Lexus has limited aftermarket support and keeps service manuals to themselves (actually a hefty online subscription price if interested) to avoid home mechanics from tinkering. Navigation unit is sub-par and most owners have to "Hack it" to make it usable while driving...disappointing. Lack of a fold down rear seat actually does annoy you more than you would think. Conclusion: If reliability and breath taking acceleration plus tons of geeky toys is your bag, this is a hard car to beat. Easy to set an unwavering budget around it. If "driving" is more your passion, all the geek toys in the world will on offset the poor distance capability of this chassis."

Awesome Car!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "design, style, comfort, and gas mileage"

"Excellent luxury car for the price. Great value, comfort, and design. Will get another when this one is out of warranty. Will stay a member of the Lexus Family."

Best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Handling , Power and reliability"

Cons: "I would move the clock higher on the dash"

"I purchased my IS350 last year and I have no regrets. From the first time I got behind the wheel of this car I became a raving fan. The workmanship, handling, power and reliability is second to none. I plan to purchase another IS350 when it is time to replace my car."

2010 ISF - great car

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"This is my third dance with the latest generation IS series... my 350 got used up by the 13 year old carjacker... worth noting, he walked away from a triple barrel roll at 100 mph + while the cops were chasing him and wound up, upside down, against a tree and walked away unscathed... give their crash rating five stars. Replaced the '06 with an '09 350 which was a fine car but I couldn't resist the call of that 416 HP V8 so I snatched up an F car. The IS series offers a great ride... to be sure, the ISF is not for everyone... it rides like a street legal race car, goes like stink when you prompt it but is a mild mannered as an Accord when puttering around town, handles as good as good as anything in its class, and stops like you've thrown out the anchor to the Queen Mary. I love being reminded that it isn't an M3 by those who worship German marques and love reminding back that I will never be on a first name with my service advisor as I was when I drove an A4... German cars break too often and are expensive to fix. The IS cars are great... 250 too tame for my liking, the 350 is everything you need in terms of performance, reliability, etc. in a daily driver, but the F car just does it for me. Fun to drive, kind of quirky to look at, you don't see yourself at every other intersection, and when you are in the mood, you can go out and see how many points you can rack up on your driver's license... and again, you get a great, world class sports sedan with Toyota reliability."

My second IS in a year

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"I now own the 2010 IS 250. I own an 09 IS 250 on the west coast as well. Having had Lexus and BMW's , this is by far the best in its class. If you are into amazing engine performance and handling,..the type for a racetrack, average interior and average luxury, go for a BMW..not to mention a higher price. If you want great performance and handling...like for the rest of us drivers, amazing fit and finish and luxury, Lexus is a clear winner...at a better price. The main difference between the 09 and the 10 is the new electronics for the navigation and bluetooth...the improvements are great. the voice recognition is pretty darn good, the bluetooth is fine and the navigation remains great. I am a lifetime fan of Lexus!"

Very Impressed

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"It seems as if the 5.6 second 0-60 time is incorrect...it's actually faster than that! I'm at 18k miles and have had no problems with this car at all. Have a loaded one with nav (love it), bluetooth, backup camera, and perhaps my favorite thing...the 18 inch 10-spoke premium wheels. I haven't seen another one of these cars with these rims (even on the lot), but these rims fit the car's "personality" perfectly. Sound system, acceleration, luxury features, paddleshifters, and the plug-in for the IPOD are all great. I'm 6'3" and have no problem getting in and out...just have the seat back and don't expect there to be any room if someone wants to sit behind you... As far as gas mileage goes, I get about 22-23 mpg in the city and 28-32 mpg on the highway. Every time I venture to Austin, I get 32 mpg. I love this car. If you decide to buy one, enjoy!"

First Car and I would highly recommend it

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looks, luxurious"

Cons: "Winter problems"

"I got this car back in 2008 and it has been a very reliable and safe vehicle. I drive it to where I go to college (200 miles from home) and I can usually fit all of my stuff in it. It most certainly is a head turner. Looks even more beautiful at night. The only major problem I have is in the winter. When I turn the wheel all the way it makes this weird noise and the tire shakes. I got it checked out and the dealership ship said that it was nothing to be concerned about."

really nice ride

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Blast to drive!"

Cons: "No back seat leg room, even for kids."

"I love my car. The only complaint I have is that the back seat is just not big enough for the 2 kids I put back there. I read reviews before I got this car and read the same complaint but aimed at not enough room for adults. I thought it would be fine for 2 kids. When you take into account the long length of my and my husbands long legs, it leaves virtually no room for the kids. We use this car for running back and forth to school and grocery shopping or other around town errands, but when we are taking a trip longer than 30 minutes we drive the other vehicle. When it comes to the features in this car I have absolutely NO complaints. It has anything and everything you could use in a car. I've had it for almost 2 years and am still finding new stuff the car does."

Love my IS! Favorite vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Hot looking car, fun to drive, VERY reliable!"

Cons: "None that I can think of....."

"Not only is my red IS a beautiful car, it handles wonderfully (especially around tight curves) and is a great ride! Also very reliable....four years and only maintenance has been oil changes and new tires (just this year). Even with the smaller engine (250), it has great get up and go!!"

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."

Some quick facts

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"Pros: price, gas mileage, aggressive looks, good firm handling, front seat comfort, fun to drive in mountains with its 6-speed transmission. Cons: a bit noisy, uneven/quick tire wear, poor paint quality, rear seats very cramped Overall I like the car. It doesn't have much power, but that gives you excellent mileage. Opt for the IS350 if you prioritize power over gas mileage. I have taken several long road trips and the front seats are very comfortable even after 12 hours of driving. The dogs in the back seat never complained, but human friends have mentioned the lack of space in the back. There is quite a bit of road noise, but I guess that is the price you pay for low profile high-performance tires. The grip is excellent - I can easily go 70 mph in a recommended 35 mph curve - it feels rock-solid."

Love this Lexus!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"The 2007 Lexus IS is an absolutely beautiful vehicle! It handles so well and is a total pleasure to drive. Best of all, it gets far better gas mileage than most less stylish V-6 cars on the market today. An overall excellent car!!"

I love this car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Holds Value, Handles like a race car"

Cons: "very tight inside for a 4 door."

"I have had this vehicle over 2 years now and this is the best driving car I have ever owned. The highway rides very smooth and the handling is out of this world. With the AWD and traction control having this car in Colorado is not an issue. I will always looked to Lexus now first when looking for a new vehicle."

Great performance/luxury car

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "performance, handling, looks, mileage"

Cons: "no fold down rear seat, nav locked out when moving"

"Got this car as a CPO 3 years ago. It has been flawless in its' reliability. Even with the 3 recalls it has had. It is one of the few cars I have drove that can still put a smile on my face. The "giggle pedal" to the right of the brake is where the fun starts. I would call this a luxury-performance car, not a performance-luxury car. I get 27 MPG overall mileage with about 70 pct highway driving. Handling and acceleration are just plain great. Some nits to pick though. The rear seat really needs to fold down for oversize trunk items. And I should not need to have a manufacturer "lock out" my ability to input an address into the navigation system when I am moving. Overall, a truly fun to drive car."

Love this Car!!!

By on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pros: "sporty for a 4-door, good on gas, comfortable relaxing ride, all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "Can't rotate the tires due to size difference in front and back tires"

"I have only had the car for a couple of months, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, and exceeds my expectations in all areas."

Love it!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I love this car, I just wish I would of gotten the IS350 instead of the IS250. Before this car, I had an Infiniti G35 coupe and I miss the HP LOL. But besides that, it's a great car!!"

Great car

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"tires lasted ~20k miles and OEM replacements are $250 each! The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car and has a ticking sound related to the fuel injectors.. told by Lexus this is common with this engine. Very noticeable when the engine is cold. Gas mileage averages 23 mpg. Love the style, ride and accouterments. Would by definitely buy again."

Nearly Perfect Entry Level Luxury

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Build quality, standard equipment that's optional on other makes, solid feel, and great gas mileage, the IS250AWD is a standout. I've owned my vehicle going three years with zero problems. With 30,000 miles on the clock, I haven't had to replace anything other than oil, oil filter, and windsheild wipers. The tires a getting a bit thin, but their replacement will be in a few months. Power is acceptable, but I would prefer about 75 more horses; handling is OK, but I'd prefer a stiffer ride for the back roads of New England. Being billed as "sport luxury", the IS definitely wades in the luxury end. Materials are first rate, fit and finish are exceptional. I want to purchase the IS-F, but will have to win the lottery first."

Comfy Sport Car

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"Fantastic car. If you want to drive a nice and sporty car and enjoy at the same time the comfort and attention to detail of a larger luxury, this is your car. Not a good idea if you are a 100% sport car driver who would rather suffer the stiff ride and all the nuances of the typical sport car. Reliability and quality are top. I have owned one for three years and still looks as the first day, even though it usually stays under the Florida skies every single day."

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""