2011 Lexus IS

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it is perfect"

Cons: "none ---- EXCEPT I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BUY THE GAS"

"My car is an AMAZING DRIVING MACHINE!!! COMFORT, SYLE and CLASS. I could drive it all day and all night forever and never tire of it. I bought it new off the showroom floor and have NEVER REGRETED IT ONCE!!!! I hope I own it FOREVER."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Perfect"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth it!!!"

"This car is a 10! I have owened 3 lexus, and several toyota and honda models and this is by far the best!!! I have no complaints, I just hope it lasts me a long time, I sold my last lexus with over 180,000 miles an it was still running great! This car is 6 years old with NO PROBLEMS!!! :)"

Great car bust dissapointing driver.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "amazing motor, quality interior, pleasing body"

Cons: "distance driving, no folding rear seats"

"Maybe 15th car I've owned in 35 years of driving, (certainly the most expensive as well). The IS350 is a stunning car in almost every respect. Build, features, amazing power from a reliable engine. Feed it gas and regular oil changes and that is it. Sadly drawbacks do eventually show up and begin to annoy you. The car tracks miserably on rough roads and concrete freeways. Very twitchy and requires your constant attention to stay in your lane. 500 Mile drives can be stressful and quite tiring on the arms. (To counter "nay Sayers",I now have three complete sets of tires and rims and have had Lexus plus 2 independents look at the suspension for flaws to no avail.) On back twisty roads, the car shows a side of itself that is sure to put a smile on any drivers face. Other points... What you buy is what you get... Lexus has limited aftermarket support and keeps service manuals to themselves (actually a hefty online subscription price if interested) to avoid home mechanics from tinkering. Navigation unit is sub-par and most owners have to "Hack it" to make it usable while driving...disappointing. Lack of a fold down rear seat actually does annoy you more than you would think. Conclusion: If reliability and breath taking acceleration plus tons of geeky toys is your bag, this is a hard car to beat. Easy to set an unwavering budget around it. If "driving" is more your passion, all the geek toys in the world will on offset the poor distance capability of this chassis."

Awesome Car!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "design, style, comfort, and gas mileage"

"Excellent luxury car for the price. Great value, comfort, and design. Will get another when this one is out of warranty. Will stay a member of the Lexus Family."

Best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Handling , Power and reliability"

Cons: "I would move the clock higher on the dash"

"I purchased my IS350 last year and I have no regrets. From the first time I got behind the wheel of this car I became a raving fan. The workmanship, handling, power and reliability is second to none. I plan to purchase another IS350 when it is time to replace my car."

2010 ISF - great car

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"This is my third dance with the latest generation IS series... my 350 got used up by the 13 year old carjacker... worth noting, he walked away from a triple barrel roll at 100 mph + while the cops were chasing him and wound up, upside down, against a tree and walked away unscathed... give their crash rating five stars. Replaced the '06 with an '09 350 which was a fine car but I couldn't resist the call of that 416 HP V8 so I snatched up an F car. The IS series offers a great ride... to be sure, the ISF is not for everyone... it rides like a street legal race car, goes like stink when you prompt it but is a mild mannered as an Accord when puttering around town, handles as good as good as anything in its class, and stops like you've thrown out the anchor to the Queen Mary. I love being reminded that it isn't an M3 by those who worship German marques and love reminding back that I will never be on a first name with my service advisor as I was when I drove an A4... German cars break too often and are expensive to fix. The IS cars are great... 250 too tame for my liking, the 350 is everything you need in terms of performance, reliability, etc. in a daily driver, but the F car just does it for me. Fun to drive, kind of quirky to look at, you don't see yourself at every other intersection, and when you are in the mood, you can go out and see how many points you can rack up on your driver's license... and again, you get a great, world class sports sedan with Toyota reliability."

My second IS in a year

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"I now own the 2010 IS 250. I own an 09 IS 250 on the west coast as well. Having had Lexus and BMW's , this is by far the best in its class. If you are into amazing engine performance and handling,..the type for a racetrack, average interior and average luxury, go for a BMW..not to mention a higher price. If you want great performance and handling...like for the rest of us drivers, amazing fit and finish and luxury, Lexus is a clear winner...at a better price. The main difference between the 09 and the 10 is the new electronics for the navigation and bluetooth...the improvements are great. the voice recognition is pretty darn good, the bluetooth is fine and the navigation remains great. I am a lifetime fan of Lexus!"

Very Impressed

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"It seems as if the 5.6 second 0-60 time is incorrect...it's actually faster than that! I'm at 18k miles and have had no problems with this car at all. Have a loaded one with nav (love it), bluetooth, backup camera, and perhaps my favorite thing...the 18 inch 10-spoke premium wheels. I haven't seen another one of these cars with these rims (even on the lot), but these rims fit the car's "personality" perfectly. Sound system, acceleration, luxury features, paddleshifters, and the plug-in for the IPOD are all great. I'm 6'3" and have no problem getting in and out...just have the seat back and don't expect there to be any room if someone wants to sit behind you... As far as gas mileage goes, I get about 22-23 mpg in the city and 28-32 mpg on the highway. Every time I venture to Austin, I get 32 mpg. I love this car. If you decide to buy one, enjoy!"

First Car and I would highly recommend it

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looks, luxurious"

Cons: "Winter problems"

"I got this car back in 2008 and it has been a very reliable and safe vehicle. I drive it to where I go to college (200 miles from home) and I can usually fit all of my stuff in it. It most certainly is a head turner. Looks even more beautiful at night. The only major problem I have is in the winter. When I turn the wheel all the way it makes this weird noise and the tire shakes. I got it checked out and the dealership ship said that it was nothing to be concerned about."

really nice ride

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Blast to drive!"

Cons: "No back seat leg room, even for kids."

"I love my car. The only complaint I have is that the back seat is just not big enough for the 2 kids I put back there. I read reviews before I got this car and read the same complaint but aimed at not enough room for adults. I thought it would be fine for 2 kids. When you take into account the long length of my and my husbands long legs, it leaves virtually no room for the kids. We use this car for running back and forth to school and grocery shopping or other around town errands, but when we are taking a trip longer than 30 minutes we drive the other vehicle. When it comes to the features in this car I have absolutely NO complaints. It has anything and everything you could use in a car. I've had it for almost 2 years and am still finding new stuff the car does."