2011 Lexus IS

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

An above average luxury car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "sporty looking, awd, quality, luxury car"

Cons: "doesnt quite hold up to its competitors"

"I purchased the vehicle used 2nd owner with about 51000 miles on the car. I am a younger gentleman who enjoys luxury cars and automotive sports. The 06 IS250 AWD is a nice luxury car overall however it does leave a bit of room for improvement. The vehicle is All wheel drive and alright on gas milage. I usually get 18 city and 22 hwy. though these numbers are based at lower speeds (<50 MPH) When I take longer drives on the highway its not uncommon for me to see around 28ish MPG traveling at a decent speed. First the value. The vehicle is on the high ball of the vehicles competitors such as the BMW 3 series or the Infinity, Mercedes counterparts. Especially in this current economy and it being a used car. However it does hold its value a bit more than other cars. The loop I got at the dealership was that the car is AWD and good on gas. Though there are a few other cars that are much much better on gas and still AWD. I stuck with a Lexus due to its heritage and reliability. Driving dynamics to me are very important. I frequent autocross races by the SCCA as well as the occasional twisty backroads. The vehicle weighs quite a bit for being a luxury car and a car in general, even for a 4 door saloon. It is also rather top heavy. Google autocross by the SCCA and you can see why that may be a problem for me. I wanted a car that was quick and agile but still luxury. It kind of failed that want. However you can't necessarily test that with a dealer rep in the car on a test drive. It also lacks much power. I know that a standard base honda or a minivan can out power this V6 so don't expect a sports car handling nor power. Though compared to its competitors, the vehicle stands the furthest behind in the performance catagory. Reliability on my car has been tested in this short time I have owned the vehicle. When Lexus states its Maintenance intervals need to be done, they are right on the money. I just completed the 60k miles and it was the perfect time to do all the items mentioned. So if the previous owner did the Maintenance than the car is reliable in that as long as the schedule is followed the car runs like a dream. However if things are neglected, like my brake fluid was, the consequences can be adverse and costly. The interior of the vehicle is well done and perfect in almost every aspect. The only change to be made would be to add a different radio/center consol button color instead of classic toyota green to match the interior of the is250. Side note. When shopping for one of these cars. Look into the three "packages" and all the options prior to your search. Some things available in certain packages are costly to upgrade if purchased without. For example, if you dislike the standard radio and want navigation, choose your car wisely. There is only 1 (terrible) option to upgrade to navigation and its aftermarket and costly. Lexus informed me that you either get navigation initally or not at all. Also things like illuminated side sills on the luxury package are around $300 to purchase later. The available packages are Luxury, Premium, and Sport. Options include Navigation, Mark Levinson Sound, headlamp washers, power rear sunshade, ect. All im saying is do your research and know what you want prior to looking. The exterior is sleek, sporty, and well designed. Other than the car looking a touch too high (gap between tire and wheel well) it has everything you could want on an exterior. The quality of the items in the vehicle is unmatched. The leather is quite perfect and quality. The wood trim appears quite high end though it is not real wood obviously. The exterior is well made and the paint is strong and durable. The engine feels strong. Keep in mind it is an extremely higher quality toyota. Though most of the parts of the car, as far as mechanical items go, are toyota parts. There be nothing left to say about comfort and convenience. The ride is peaceful and very smooth. I highly highly recommend the Navigation System since it is touch screen and adds great things like wireless bluetooth, a backup camera, GPS, touchscreen controls, detailed maintenance schedule, usb, auxilary ports, ect. this category is where the car shines. It is very technologically savy and advanced with tons of options and that lexus comfort. this category is the best of its competitors. Overall, if the car was slightly cheaper in initial price, had any kind of engine power/better handling, and got better gas milage...it would be a luxury supercar. Though the lexus does fall behind in some ways. Lastly and rarely mentioned, when repairs are needed, the labor and parts at a lexus dealership or even private dealership are beyond expensive. yes the maintenance isnt bad but it is very costly. my local dealer wanted 2,400 for the 60k maintenance. I did it all myself for around $500 in parts. Another piece of advice is to test out the cars.......and its competitors. Finally dont settle for anything less than fully loaded is250's. you wont regret it at all."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I have owned 2 BMW 3 series (purchased new) and encountered many mechanical/electrical issues. I was so happy when Lexus came out with the new IS body style...and I'm even happier I purchased it! This is the best car I have ever owned. I'm pretty sure I will stick with Lexus in the future."

Own the Best

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I have owned my share of nice vehicles.04 Maxima,05 Acura TL,07 Yukon and this Lexus is the best.No complaints.Just lov'in it."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it is perfect"

Cons: "none ---- EXCEPT I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BUY THE GAS"

"My car is an AMAZING DRIVING MACHINE!!! COMFORT, SYLE and CLASS. I could drive it all day and all night forever and never tire of it. I bought it new off the showroom floor and have NEVER REGRETED IT ONCE!!!! I hope I own it FOREVER."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Perfect"

Cons: "Expensive, but worth it!!!"

"This car is a 10! I have owened 3 lexus, and several toyota and honda models and this is by far the best!!! I have no complaints, I just hope it lasts me a long time, I sold my last lexus with over 180,000 miles an it was still running great! This car is 6 years old with NO PROBLEMS!!! :)"