2010 Lexus IS

Based on 411 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

The power to convert

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I was looking in the market for 5, 3 series bmw or an audi A4 quattro and somehow I got convinced by my girlfriend that an IS is the best looking for the cars in its category (women can't be wrong on judging what's visually appealing :)). At first I agreed with her strictly on the looks of the car and I said I wanted something German and aggressive. But I soon saw that the 3-series had become very common like Honda civic. On the other hand the audi was a good candidate but its expensive maintenance costs once it is out of warranty convinced me that it was not the car for me. So why did I choose the IS250? because it fufilled my overall requirements: 1.AWD capability, 2. excellent reliability 3. best fuel consumption, especially for a car that has a V6 and all-wheel drive 4. sexy yet imposing exterior design and 5. a well-done interior with perforated heated/cooled leather seats and a unique dashboard. The drawbacks are the lack of rear knee space and what some consider as its underpowered engine. However considering that you're not driving around with a group and you're not drag-racing, this car is the perfect blend of a mid-size luxury sedan."

Love this Lexus!

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"The 2007 Lexus IS is an absolutely beautiful vehicle! It handles so well and is a total pleasure to drive. Best of all, it gets far better gas mileage than most less stylish V-6 cars on the market today. An overall excellent car!!"

Great, sporty and different car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive, Awesome sound, Full of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat is tiny. could be more quiet."

"I didnt want to go with the "traditional" luxury brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and this Lexus poised a great option. I bought it CPO, and it was in GREAT shape. It handles in a sporty way although a turbo would be great. IT's finish is fantastic, and the comfort design is truly great. I recommend it hands down."

I love this car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Holds Value, Handles like a race car"

Cons: "very tight inside for a 4 door."

"I have had this vehicle over 2 years now and this is the best driving car I have ever owned. The highway rides very smooth and the handling is out of this world. With the AWD and traction control having this car in Colorado is not an issue. I will always looked to Lexus now first when looking for a new vehicle."

The Perfect Car.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, MPG, Nav, heated/cooled seats,"

Cons: "I wish there was another cup holder in the center!"

"I test drove an Infiniti G37x, Infiniti M35x, Lexus ES350 and a Lexus LS460 before buying this car and I can honestly say that the IS was my favorite. The ride was firm and quiet, the design of both the interior and exterior are awesome, the price is fantastic and the build quality is amazing. I also love the stock sound system, it is more than adequate for everyday driving. The Nav system is flawless and the voice commands are easy and rarely miss what I'm saying. The gauges are easy to read and beautifully crafted (I love the start-up "dance" the gauges do), the power sunshade is a great option for those sunny days and bright headlights, the heated seats get perfectly hot and the cooled seats get nice and cool (they're actually vented). To me, the power of this car is fine. I mean really, where are you going to go with 300 hp anyway? I can't recommend this car enough and as a new Lexus owner, I will be looking at more of their cars in the future. Next, I have the LS on my radar. That is an amazing car but certainly out of my price range at the moment :)"

Love this Car!!!

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pros: "sporty for a 4-door, good on gas, comfortable relaxing ride, all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "Can't rotate the tires due to size difference in front and back tires"

"I have only had the car for a couple of months, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, and exceeds my expectations in all areas."

Love it!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I love this car, I just wish I would of gotten the IS350 instead of the IS250. Before this car, I had an Infiniti G35 coupe and I miss the HP LOL. But besides that, it's a great car!!"

Nearly Perfect Entry Level Luxury

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Build quality, standard equipment that's optional on other makes, solid feel, and great gas mileage, the IS250AWD is a standout. I've owned my vehicle going three years with zero problems. With 30,000 miles on the clock, I haven't had to replace anything other than oil, oil filter, and windsheild wipers. The tires a getting a bit thin, but their replacement will be in a few months. Power is acceptable, but I would prefer about 75 more horses; handling is OK, but I'd prefer a stiffer ride for the back roads of New England. Being billed as "sport luxury", the IS definitely wades in the luxury end. Materials are first rate, fit and finish are exceptional. I want to purchase the IS-F, but will have to win the lottery first."

Thoughts

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I purchased a CPO IS250 last year and have had it in the shop for broken items and warranty items almost every month. I enjoy driving the car as it is very comfortable and fun but I am disappointed with the issues I have had. (new sun roof deflector, rear view mirror, start button, seat belt adjusters, battery, top end of engine from a random misfire, 6 disk in dash CD changer) The vehicle is an 2006 but still has not held up to the Lexus reputation."

Long Term ISF Review

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned my ISF for nearly 2 years. I have approx. 25,000 miles on it. Sharp, fast, handles like it's on rails. Exhaust note is worth turning down the excellent stereo to listen to. There is so much good about this car, except the ride. If you spend all your time on the track, its worth every cent, but for a daily driver, I grow tired of driving it by Wednesday afternoon and by Thur and Friday, I may even catch myself dreading it. On smooth freeways, its great, but get onto any bumps and it feel like riding in a go-cart across a field. If the mood is right, then this is fine, and even fun, but after a long day at the office and your stuck in 40mph traffic and your bouncing around, its no fun at all. The transmission is great, occasional paddle shifting in Sport mode is awesome, and the ability to always chirp the rear tires when shifting into 2nd gear in an automatic, is impressive and an attention getter. I think my wife enjoys it more than me, as she puts it in Sport mode pulling out of the garage! I love this car, hate the ride but not enough to get rid of it, yet. As long as I only drive is periodically, I look forward to the sporty feel, but not something I can do everyday."