2009 Lexus IS

Based on 411 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Great for two

By on Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pros: "Quality of construction, details, reliability"

Cons: "Back seat, power"

"Great handling, controls easy to use, somewhat tight inside, 250 model needs a bit more power but AWD was only available in 250 model in 2009. Consider the 350 with AWD, today. Overall, a great car for commuting."

Great Car, love it!

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Fast Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Recalls"

"I've bought this car Dec 2005 and absolutly love it. Great comfort, style, speed, worth every penny that was spent. Have had 0 problems other than a few recalls which earned a full free tank of premium from the dealership (FYI Comes with any factory recall). Would defintly buy another Lexus in the future and will probably keep this car for another 15 years."

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"I bought an IS 250 CPO a little over a year ago and love the car. The best car I've ever owned. Comfortable, cool looking, safe, and great gas mileage, 22-31 mpg. Getting ready to buy a newer one. Word of advice: get rid of the Bridgestone Turanza tires and put on Michilin's or Conti's. You'll be much happier."

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"3 + year owner. Still drives like a new car. nav is great. paint & seats all wear well. Love the AC seats and bluetooth. Great gas milage 31+ on hwy. Replaces the floor mats with black ones. Low profile tires are expensive and noisy."

2007 IS250

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I just bought a used Lexus 2007 IS250 with 12,000 miles. So far this car has been amazing! The 2.5L has more than enough power to get me around town and the AWD allows it to handle as if it were on rails. I test drove BMW's while looking for a car and while they drove nice, they didn't possess the comfort of a Lexus. I'm 6'0" and am comfortable in the car, but it may not be the best fit for someone taller than myself. Personally, I think the Lexus looks better than its competitors in this class and the value of a used model seemed more logical than buying a new car in a lesser class."

By on Thursday, June 17, 2010

"The use of plastic makes for noises in the interrior.Very good performance and outstanding design. A head turner."

FFFFFast

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bought a 2008 IS-F 3 months ago. I've owned 11 cars before this one and I've NEVER driven ANYTHING like it! The Exhaust is MEAN, the POWER throws you in your seat, the Craftsmanship is amazing and you get looks from EVERYONE! This thing is a driving machine better than any BMW, Mercedes, or Audi I've ever driven or ridden in. The F out-performs the M3, the C63 and the S4/S5. The only issue I've had since I've had the car is the safety features. You can't input data into the Nav or Phone wile driving. Other than that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car to ANYONE that is looking for FUN!"

Overall - A good car

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Owned this car (IS350) for 3 years now. I got 30k on my first set of tires. When the service guy says new brake pads - do it, don't wait like I did - you'll end up getting rotors too ($1000). It gets 30mpg on the highway cruising at 70-80mph, but only 18mpg city. Its really fast - and not just 0-60, but 50-80 etc - its got gears for all the right placeds. The traction control is annoying and the car is utterly useless in any sort of snow. The rear end will waggle easily in wet weather under power on a corner. back seat is small, but front is a dream of comfort. Dunlop tires have way more road noise than Michelens. All in all - a great car for "no kids" couple or single in the south where it doesn't snow. I'll hang onto this car until one of these stipulations changes."

The Bomb

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I bought this car for my significant other, after she drove it, she fell in love with it, so did I. It's responsive, fast, the look is hot, and the luxury is superb. One draw back, there are a few comfort issues, and I would hate to be the one to ride in the rear."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"The is250 is sleek, stylish, well equiped and rides smooth... I am very impressed! Could use slightly more horsepower and its kinda tight in the back seat for passengers. Good thing is, I don't sit back their."

Everything I Hoped For

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Pros: * extremely comfortable for average height * backup camera, nav system * eye-catching styling * excellent fit and finish * heated and vented front seats (individual driver and passenger control) Cons: * premium fuel * lack of rear leg room * low ceiling for tall passengers * lo-profile tires wear quickly"

Amazing!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"When I bought this car I wasn’t expecting much out of it then, when I got into a multi-car wreck early this week my thoughts forever changed. This car surprised me. It handled super well, I had 8 cars crash into me and i walked away without a scratch or ache. Plus, this car destroyed every car that hit it and my car didn’t get a whole lot of damage. I had the RWD model which also handled pretty awesome even during this past winter in the snow-storm northeast. The only cons I can think of was I wish my model had the windshield wiper sensor, a real second cup holder in the front, and of course although this car is quick there is a reason why they made an IS-350 and IS-F models. Some back passengers complained about the leg room but it didn’t bother me because I was always driver. All-in-all I would highly recommend to anyone especially first time drivers or even new families. I have never felt safer then in that car. A++"

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Excellent car...great AWD, good gas mileage...hav had car for 3wks and no complaints... PROs--quiet interior, excellent styling, tires edge over rim to to guard against damage. auto shade for back window(great feature), driver & passenger door sills hav lexus logo that lights up at nite..sweet.. CONs--no back seat room for adults, side mirrors dont rotate in automatically, must be done manually,,small issue..replacement tires are expensive... Good price....fully loaded AWD 37500..1.9% financing with tier 1+ credit rating..."

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

Outstanding vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"I have owned my 2007 IS250 for just over two years now and absolutely love it. The car runs great, handles well, is very fuel efficient and looks great. I would recommend the IS250 for anyone looking for a solid reliable car that is fuel efficient and comfortable. The only downside is that the acceleration isn't quick, but I guess I didn't buy the car to be a drag racer. Best turning radius I've driven for a compact sport sedan."

Extremely Fun to Drive

By on Sunday, April 12, 2009

"I have leased several models of Lexus but this one is the most fun to drive. The layout of the interior is HOT with just enough gadgets - not an overload like some German made cars, where you're not sure what button does what. The leather is superb with included heated and air-conditioned seats. The biggest plus is that is comes with everything you need - hate it when you have to pay a fortune for all the options - Lexus vehicles just come with it loaded - no hiddend costs. Drove over 70,000 miles in 3 years only needing tires & scheduled oil changes. Love it!!!"

Great car

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Honestly, this car is a great deal. I was looking at the BMW328 and G35 coupe and the manual IS250 was the best. Soft clutch, beautiful interior, nice handling, decent gas mileage, and 18's are a nice touch. In comparison to the 328 its a no brainer to pick the lexus, but G35's power is much better and the overall appearance and interior are quite comparable. If I was to do it over again I would of forked over a few more thousand and got the G35 as I like more power, but overall I really enjoy the IS250 and am very happy with the purchase. Guess, as with everything else, hindsight is 20/20."

Incredible Luxury & Value

By on Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Truly one of the most luxurious entry-level luxury sport sedans on the market. The same cockpit and interior styling that Lexus uses in the remainder of their award winning lineup. A near perfect layout of controls and indicators paired with a navigation system that is visually stunning and extremely intuitive. Not the fastest vehicle in its class, but that shouldn't be the goal when purchasing an AWD vehicle. If speed is your thing, the IS350 has much to offer. The IS250 AWD has crisp and responsive handling. The traction control systems perform their functions extremely well, keeping you headed in the right direction, no matter what the conditions. This car is a joy to drive and simply sit in. There is little chance that this car will disappoint, and little wonder that it captured JD Power's 2005/6 Initial Quality award for its segment, beating out the likes of the 3-series and Audi."

Compact Class

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"This vehicle is great on every aspect - especially if you welcome compliments! The vehicle is however very small for rear passengers. I anticipated only having myself and maybe one front passenger in the vehicle but things have changed. The back seat itself is roomy - but the leg room is very, very tight if the person in the front seat is taller then 5'5 and isn't completely moved forward. The 250 has PLENTY of power! The navigation/radio unit is sometimes hard to see because of the glare and how it's positioned on the dash but again - this is a GREAT, CLASSY Car."

Lexus IS250 RWD

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Very stylish car. Best looking one out there in my opinion. I have the black on black with the spoiler and 18" OEM chrome Lexus wheels. I have a couple issues though. The low profile wheels make for a rough ride unless there's a smooth road. Also, I'm worried that the RWD will cause the rear hubs to leak. The button start is cool, but it idles too high in my opinion. Don't know what I will get next. Back to a BMW or I may try a Benz."

Fun to Drive

By on Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Excellent performance on mountain roads - makes you feel secure behind the wheel. May not be the best choice for large or tall individuals. My only complaint is the tires - they are low profile - different sizes on the front vs back so you can't rotate."

Awesome car

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Absolutely love this car, handling is fantastic, brakes are great, very, very quick, great looking exterior and interior. Easy to use controls, excellent standard audio system, super reliable with 0 isses at 20,000 miles....its only fault is that the front alloy's get dirty quick. If you can live with this, you're golden"

Winter Driving

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"This car is the worst I had ever driven in the snow. You must have snow tires and about 300 lbs in the trunk. Even then don't count on driving in bad weather. When it is nice out it is a great car. The small trunk will only hold 1 set of golf clubs. Not much head room if you are over 6 foot tall. Back seat reminds me of the old mustangs really only for kids."

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hot car in the city

By on Friday, May 23, 2008

"The IS350 is a car for those wanting a combination of sport and sedan. I love the power, acceleration and smoothness in which it drives. I have become very spoiled with my IS350 and recommend it to anyone wanting sporty and sedan combo."