2009 Lexus IS

Based on 389 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Fun to drive, loads of power and over 25 mpg!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "power, gas mileage, transmission and good looks"

Cons: "stiff steering at low speeds, rough ride at times"

"Owned this car for 4 years now. Always fun to have the fastest car at the traffic light even though its looks are quite mild. Comfortable, easy to drive and returns wonderful gas mileage from 25-29 mpg consistantly. Steering is somewhat stiff and ride can at times feel unsprung but a small price to pay for a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds and can feel glued to the road. Highly recommend the IS F to anyone who enjoys a responsive gas pedal and a great looking ride. 420 HP is readily available and the 8 speed automatic is wonderfully smooth and quick to shift. Why not have fun on the road?"

Fits a business lady perfect!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Driving power, control, style, elegance, and space"

Cons: "Price to fix. Dash material breaks down."

"This car drives like a dream. Great handling, speed, control. Only problems- Lexus doesn't tell you- only clean the interior with water on a cloth. Anything else will make the interior break down and get sticky. Then, each door piece costs $1000 or more. It's a pain. The stickiness leads to it breaking apart if u touch it with your nails. Now I have divits in my door siding and on my dash. My visor also sticks to the dash, almost as if the dash was melting. Other than that- I don't ever want to own anything than a Lexus. Best car ever!"

It's everything you would want in a sports car!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive & good on gas."

Cons: "rear passangers are not 100% comfortable"

"I love this car! It has everything a sports car should have: body type, acceleration, compact, good on gas, beautiful interior, accesories...everything!!! What more can I say? Only downside if I had to pick one would be passengers in the back are not 100% comfortable, but they manage."

My Beautiful 2007 Lexus IS 250

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Excelleration, fun to drive,sound system,trunk spa"

"This car has been a delightful purchase. Absolutely no maintenance problems or breakdowns. We have kept this car on the regularly scheduled maintenance program and have used no one but Lexus dealers to perform the work. This has been our best purchase yet. Our second best purchase was an earlier year Lexus. It also performed beautifully."

Best car we have owned in 40 years of marriage.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, great looks, quality."

Cons: "Small trunk, no rear seat leg room."

"Wow, my wife and I love our 2010 IS 250. It is silver with black interior and smoked 18 inch wheels. I get a lot of compliments on the car. We made purchase in early July and have put 10,000 miles on it. We just drove from north Florida to Iowa and back. Gas mileage was great. We usually get around 36 mpg cruising the interstate. City and highway combined is around 32. The front seats are very comfortable, and I am 6ft tall. The ac is more than adequate here in Florida heat. My wife drives it on a one hour commute to work, a two hour round trip. She chose the used Lexus over a new Camry SE. I now use the sport mode transmission setting for more zip. Love the exhaust note when the hammer is down. Good power. Handling and accident avoidance are excellent, as well as the brakes. Stereo with multi-disk cd player is very nice. Somehow, this car is easier to wash and detail than many cars. I had rather drive a used Lexus than a new anything else."

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

"This Lexus IS 350 has been flawless since the day I purchased it back in July of 2006. Awesome car, great power."

I absolutely love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive amazing engine sounds comfort technol"

Cons: "Really? None!"

"115000 and still in love! Runs great! Exciting drive People who know cars still stare Walked up to a guy some weeks ago who was looking around it over and over Amazing for a 5 year old car Build quality better than 2 3 series coupes purchased in the mid 90s Better more reliable and more fun than 2005 sl 55 I had in 2005 and 2007 Leather seats and finishes switches etc still look like and feel new One speaker in the back is blown and the display went out 2 years ago and replaced by Lexus as warranty Want to wait for the next isf or its replacement - but no plans to get rid of this car My son may get it when he turns ( 16 3yrs) ...maybe"

This car is just amazing.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Power, style, quality, performance."

Cons: "Navigation option is around $5K"

"This car is amazing. I also own the original IS300. I'm more than staisfied with this IS350, It's fast, it's consistant in every way, it's stiff, it's quality in every aspect. I test drove an Infinity G37-S and I almost bought it, but then I drove my IS-350 and it was just a better car in every category. I love it and I smile every time I drive it."

Isf cool but not the best

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Really expensive"

"Cool and perfect but expensive car"

2011 IS250 F-Sport RWD w/Nav

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Resale value, good looking interior and exterior"

Cons: "By-the-book maintanence is high, small backseat"

"The F-Sport model handles very well at high speeds when compared to my previous 2009 IS250. The steering is phenomenal. The interior looks and feels solid. Front seats are definitely an upgrade from the base IS. The F-Sport suspension is tighter and more responsive to quick turns. In terms of acceleration the 2.5L engine does not impress much, but it does the job when passing is necessary and gas mileage is great. The Nav System is a must, not only does it make driving much easier, it cleans up the dash to look much better as well(back-up camera is great too). The maintanence costs can add up, which is why I stick to the basics (oil change, air filters, pump premium fuel, and inspect tire pressure to avoid premature tread wear). I always hear IS drivers complain about tires wearing prematurely, but most likely that is due to neglecting the tire pressure monitor. Driving around with low pressure for 1000 miles will easily take an additional 1000 miles off the life of the tread. At 17,000 miles my tires still look great all around. Why did I buy this car for a second time? For the money, this is one of the best cars out there. I really liked the F-sport Package(black headliner, sport seats, rims, steering, suspension, aero package). Mercedes quality does not match(owned a C-class before the 2009 IS250). BMW styling is dull(inside and out, my brother drives 4-door 335i and he loves my car). Drawbacks: The backseat is small, but if you treat it as a 4-seater you should be fine. No need to do everything the dealer suggests unless you plan to own long-term(5+ years)."

Love it except for maintenance costs

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage; sharp exterior; reliable"

Cons: "High maintenance costs, especially for tires"

"I have the 2008 IS 250. I love everything about this car EXCEPT for the high maintenance costs. It requires new tires every 2 years, and I am a very conservative driver. The routine maintenace at the Lexus dealership isn't cheap either. I prefer smaller zippy cars so this one fits me perfectly. Yes, it has a bumpier ride than other similar sedans, but that is in large part due to the low profile tires. I get great gas mileage: 29-30 MPG in town; even higher on the highway. And let's face it, the car is just a good looking car, both inside and out. I get lots of compliments about it. I also take very good care of my car, so even though it's 5 years old, people tell me it looks brand new. Will I purchase another Lexus? Not sure right now. The high maintenance costs will really make me stop and think about it when the time comes. If you are looking to purchase an IS, just be aware of the costs involved. Other than that downside, I absolutely love mine. Since it's paid for, I'm still far better off keeping it a little longer than to trade in for a lower maintenance, lower cost car."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"It's handles like a sports car, has plenty of horsepower but is comfortable, good on gas and has all the bells and whistles. At 5 years old it still drives like new."

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, stereo, smooth ride, cheap maintenance"

"I have had my car for over a year and I love it. I haven't had any issues with it and I haven't regretted my purchase one time. If I were to get a new car I would definitely consider buying another IS, but maybe a 350 instead for added pep. I would buy this car over my previous 3-series BMW for sure. Love the cheap maintenance in comparison and how smooth the ride is. I love everything about this car!"

Smooth ride - decent mileage

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Clean lines, beautiful design, good quality"

Cons: "Tight back seat, large blind-spot"

Black beauty

"I sold my Infiniti G35 for the IS250. So far so good. Tight steering radius, smooth ride, easy to find controls, decent mileage (26mpg Hwy - 22mpg City)."

Black beauty

Can't stop driving it, it's a great sized limo

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

"Everything is top shelf, navigation, keyless entry, wireless pandora, seats are beautiful and great long distance plus 32 mpg driving 322 miles to San Diego. Sold my diesel problematic BMW and never missed it with this Lexus."

Another stylish coffin with tiny windows

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

I don't own this car

"This car takes the current design penchant for squishing a car to make it look like a raked coupe to the extreme. Possibly the smallest side windows I have yet encountered. If you want to feel like you're sitting down in a hole with only teeny tiny side windows to peer out of, this is your car. Otherwise, it's claustrophobia-inducing. Absolutely horrible."

Excellent

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

"Excellent"

Most Perfect Car Ever Made

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth, comfortable, perfect"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I'm serious, this car is ridiculous. I've owned 3 cars in my life, this being the 4th. Driven at least 20 (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Acura, Volkswagen, Volvo etc!). This is honestly the best car I've ever driven in my life and every day I drive it I cannot believe I own this thing, 10,000 miles later. I was very close to owning an A4 but after just test driving the IS on a whim I did not look back. If you said I would be driving a Lexus now instead of an Audi I would think you were joking. Easy to drive, incredibly quick on the highway on a straight, so easy and fun on windy roads. I pass cars without any problems. I could not believe how many standard options this car has for the price, compared to all other German ones. I love everything from the comfortable bucket heated and air conditioned seats (not standard, but still amazing!), smooth steering and road handling, the STANDARD bluetooth and CD disc changer...can listen to the music on my iphone, no need to connect with wires (Audi needs to get a clue on this one), the ignition sequence (love showing this to everyone). Beautiful and tasteful styling inside and out. Really is a pleasure to drive. I tried this baby in heavy snow with snow tires, everyone was slipping and sliding while she was cool and collected. Did not slip around once. My ONLY gripe with her is the gas mileage. Maybe I have a lead foot but I get about 26 mpg total mixed driving. It gets pretty expensive to fill up with premium. This car is definitely luxurious, not exactly the fastest car ever, which you can definitely upgrade if you can afford it. Although, I would not recommend this car to anyone with a family with small children. The back seats do not seem to be big enough for a car seat. Other than that, fantastic car, recommended!"

Just Flat Fun To Drive!!

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive, very luxurious."

Cons: "Fuel injector noise, occasional squeak in the top"

"I bought this IS350C after my RX350 was destroyed in a hail storm. Bought it in Apr 2012 as a 2010 CPO with 18000 miles on it. I really wanted an SC430 so I could have a mid-life crises 20 yrs late, but saw this and drove it and that was all she wrote. I would not recommend it for someone who wants room for 4 for a long trip. The back seat is fine for short drives but not too comfortable on long ones. We have taken it on several longer trips for 2 and it is a blast to drive. The 305 HP really makes it scoot! There aren't many of these around so it is a head turner. The interior is luxureous and functional with Nav, back up camera and Bluetooth. However, my IPhone has a better NAV system. Don't like having to take the car to the dealership to have the maps updated ( cost about $200 ). MP3 connection works great. Very comfortable on long drives with no back pain. Only complaints are the cold engine noise from the fuel injectors and the sometimes squeak of the hardtop when it is up. Even with the top down, there is room for my golf clubs. I would recommend this to someone who is not a pure sports car enthusiast as this has too much of a luxury ride."

There is really nothing negative to say.

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Fast, Comfortable, Stylish, and super reliable. I am sold"

It's SWEET, I look forward to driving every day!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Tade it for a Hybird, exact model Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Gas Prices... and where can I place MP3 player?"

"Walked in the dealership, took a good look at it and without any hesitation or evaluation, I purchased it without a 2nd thought. Stylish and so comfortable! Yet I have fears that it will be stolen or scratched. Don't hear the engine at all and she has great power, plus it makes you feel like a superstar at traffic lights. ;-D"

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Everything about it is perfect"

Cons: "none ---- EXCEPT I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BUY THE GAS"

"My car is an AMAZING DRIVING MACHINE!!! COMFORT, SYLE and CLASS. I could drive it all day and all night forever and never tire of it. I bought it new off the showroom floor and have NEVER REGRETED IT ONCE!!!! I hope I own it FOREVER."

Powerful engine, beautiful design, full of gadgets

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, reliability"

Cons: "very expensive navigation updates"

"I have my IS 350 for over 3 years now and I can tell I'm really happy with the car. I chose it at first for the horsepower and good name that Lexus has, and I don't regret it a bit. I had a 3 Series before, but I'm thinking my next car will be another Lexus."

Nice car but it depreciates very fast

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "Good mix of sport and luxury"

Cons: "the value of the car plummets"

"I have a 2011 Lexus IS 250 AWD with the Luxury and Navigation package. The milage has been much less then what I am used to. However I came from the compact 4 cylinder market so it is to be expected. Just a note for anyone thinking about buying the car, be aware that it uses premium gas only. Consider it an expense of owning the vehicle. The driving experience has been good. The acceleration, while not as fast as the IS 350, is quick enough to get onto the highway without effort. The vehicle hugs turns and feels very solid while at the same time masking bumps on the road enough where they are not as jolting but can be felt to know the road conditions. In this regard I love this vehicle. The interior is amazing in terms of quality of the materials used. The leather seats are very nice and the seats feel great to sit in. On paper many cars in the lower ranges sound like they would match this but having been in both classes of cars there is a very real difference. The cooled seats in addition to the heated are must haves. The features in the car are plentiful. However the back seats do not fold down. You instead get a pass through which is disappointing but not a deal killer. The center console with the navigation while full featured is a mess and difficult to us. For instance there are hard buttons for the temperature but you have to go to climate on the touch screen to control the fan speed. Many of the hard buttons that you need to use to operate the center console are not back lit. The interface in the navigation system is decent but things like switching between bluetooth media players is not user friendly. It uses a category layout with the hard buttons to each side of the screen to select the category. My gripe is that they are again not backlit. Also the car does not maintain it's value very well. My vehicle dropped in value $12,000 in nine months. Now granted the value sets into a more gradual depreciation slope after that it is a very steep loss in value for me to get used to considering that my Honda Fit Sport I had before this was still worth the price of a brand new base Honda Fit when I traded it in a year and a half later. The reason the IS depreciates is because there is not as large of a market for the vehicle after it has been used. Anyone considering buying their first luxury car like this would be well advised to buy a one or two year old used Lexus IS so that someone else takes the huge depreciation hit instead of you."

Worst car I've ever owned!!

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Reason: HATED IT!

Pros: "Lots of upgrades were "standard" in price"

Cons: "Overpriced Toyota with terrible performance"

"I sold my Lexus after 6 months. I had 4 flat tires in that time, the handling is horrible, the engine leaves much to be desired... I could keep going, but I'll just say the summary I read re: "You might not like this car if..." was dead on. I should have kept my 3-series."