2008 Lexus IS

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Love it!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I love this car, I just wish I would of gotten the IS350 instead of the IS250. Before this car, I had an Infiniti G35 coupe and I miss the HP LOL. But besides that, it's a great car!!"

Nearly Perfect Entry Level Luxury

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Build quality, standard equipment that's optional on other makes, solid feel, and great gas mileage, the IS250AWD is a standout. I've owned my vehicle going three years with zero problems. With 30,000 miles on the clock, I haven't had to replace anything other than oil, oil filter, and windsheild wipers. The tires a getting a bit thin, but their replacement will be in a few months. Power is acceptable, but I would prefer about 75 more horses; handling is OK, but I'd prefer a stiffer ride for the back roads of New England. Being billed as "sport luxury", the IS definitely wades in the luxury end. Materials are first rate, fit and finish are exceptional. I want to purchase the IS-F, but will have to win the lottery first."

Thoughts

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I purchased a CPO IS250 last year and have had it in the shop for broken items and warranty items almost every month. I enjoy driving the car as it is very comfortable and fun but I am disappointed with the issues I have had. (new sun roof deflector, rear view mirror, start button, seat belt adjusters, battery, top end of engine from a random misfire, 6 disk in dash CD changer) The vehicle is an 2006 but still has not held up to the Lexus reputation."

Long Term ISF Review

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned my ISF for nearly 2 years. I have approx. 25,000 miles on it. Sharp, fast, handles like it's on rails. Exhaust note is worth turning down the excellent stereo to listen to. There is so much good about this car, except the ride. If you spend all your time on the track, its worth every cent, but for a daily driver, I grow tired of driving it by Wednesday afternoon and by Thur and Friday, I may even catch myself dreading it. On smooth freeways, its great, but get onto any bumps and it feel like riding in a go-cart across a field. If the mood is right, then this is fine, and even fun, but after a long day at the office and your stuck in 40mph traffic and your bouncing around, its no fun at all. The transmission is great, occasional paddle shifting in Sport mode is awesome, and the ability to always chirp the rear tires when shifting into 2nd gear in an automatic, is impressive and an attention getter. I think my wife enjoys it more than me, as she puts it in Sport mode pulling out of the garage! I love this car, hate the ride but not enough to get rid of it, yet. As long as I only drive is periodically, I look forward to the sporty feel, but not something I can do everyday."

Just OK

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years now. It eats tires, I get about 15 - 18k miles out of each set, and at 900 a set, thats not something I look forward to at all. The ride is noisy, and you can hear the cars passing by the car as well. For the price, I expected alot more from Lexus."