2008 Lexus IS

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Awesome Car!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "design, style, comfort, and gas mileage"

"Excellent luxury car for the price. Great value, comfort, and design. Will get another when this one is out of warranty. Will stay a member of the Lexus Family."

Best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Handling , Power and reliability"

Cons: "I would move the clock higher on the dash"

"I purchased my IS350 last year and I have no regrets. From the first time I got behind the wheel of this car I became a raving fan. The workmanship, handling, power and reliability is second to none. I plan to purchase another IS350 when it is time to replace my car."

2010 ISF - great car

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"This is my third dance with the latest generation IS series... my 350 got used up by the 13 year old carjacker... worth noting, he walked away from a triple barrel roll at 100 mph + while the cops were chasing him and wound up, upside down, against a tree and walked away unscathed... give their crash rating five stars. Replaced the '06 with an '09 350 which was a fine car but I couldn't resist the call of that 416 HP V8 so I snatched up an F car. The IS series offers a great ride... to be sure, the ISF is not for everyone... it rides like a street legal race car, goes like stink when you prompt it but is a mild mannered as an Accord when puttering around town, handles as good as good as anything in its class, and stops like you've thrown out the anchor to the Queen Mary. I love being reminded that it isn't an M3 by those who worship German marques and love reminding back that I will never be on a first name with my service advisor as I was when I drove an A4... German cars break too often and are expensive to fix. The IS cars are great... 250 too tame for my liking, the 350 is everything you need in terms of performance, reliability, etc. in a daily driver, but the F car just does it for me. Fun to drive, kind of quirky to look at, you don't see yourself at every other intersection, and when you are in the mood, you can go out and see how many points you can rack up on your driver's license... and again, you get a great, world class sports sedan with Toyota reliability."

My second IS in a year

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"I now own the 2010 IS 250. I own an 09 IS 250 on the west coast as well. Having had Lexus and BMW's , this is by far the best in its class. If you are into amazing engine performance and handling,..the type for a racetrack, average interior and average luxury, go for a BMW..not to mention a higher price. If you want great performance and handling...like for the rest of us drivers, amazing fit and finish and luxury, Lexus is a clear winner...at a better price. The main difference between the 09 and the 10 is the new electronics for the navigation and bluetooth...the improvements are great. the voice recognition is pretty darn good, the bluetooth is fine and the navigation remains great. I am a lifetime fan of Lexus!"

Very Impressed

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"It seems as if the 5.6 second 0-60 time is incorrect...it's actually faster than that! I'm at 18k miles and have had no problems with this car at all. Have a loaded one with nav (love it), bluetooth, backup camera, and perhaps my favorite thing...the 18 inch 10-spoke premium wheels. I haven't seen another one of these cars with these rims (even on the lot), but these rims fit the car's "personality" perfectly. Sound system, acceleration, luxury features, paddleshifters, and the plug-in for the IPOD are all great. I'm 6'3" and have no problem getting in and out...just have the seat back and don't expect there to be any room if someone wants to sit behind you... As far as gas mileage goes, I get about 22-23 mpg in the city and 28-32 mpg on the highway. Every time I venture to Austin, I get 32 mpg. I love this car. If you decide to buy one, enjoy!"