2008 Lexus IS

Based on 402 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

First Car and I would highly recommend it

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good looks, luxurious"

Cons: "Winter problems"

"I got this car back in 2008 and it has been a very reliable and safe vehicle. I drive it to where I go to college (200 miles from home) and I can usually fit all of my stuff in it. It most certainly is a head turner. Looks even more beautiful at night. The only major problem I have is in the winter. When I turn the wheel all the way it makes this weird noise and the tire shakes. I got it checked out and the dealership ship said that it was nothing to be concerned about."

really nice ride

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Blast to drive!"

Cons: "No back seat leg room, even for kids."

"I love my car. The only complaint I have is that the back seat is just not big enough for the 2 kids I put back there. I read reviews before I got this car and read the same complaint but aimed at not enough room for adults. I thought it would be fine for 2 kids. When you take into account the long length of my and my husbands long legs, it leaves virtually no room for the kids. We use this car for running back and forth to school and grocery shopping or other around town errands, but when we are taking a trip longer than 30 minutes we drive the other vehicle. When it comes to the features in this car I have absolutely NO complaints. It has anything and everything you could use in a car. I've had it for almost 2 years and am still finding new stuff the car does."

Love my IS! Favorite vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Hot looking car, fun to drive, VERY reliable!"

Cons: "None that I can think of....."

"Not only is my red IS a beautiful car, it handles wonderfully (especially around tight curves) and is a great ride! Also very reliable....four years and only maintenance has been oil changes and new tires (just this year). Even with the smaller engine (250), it has great get up and go!!"

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."

Some quick facts

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"Pros: price, gas mileage, aggressive looks, good firm handling, front seat comfort, fun to drive in mountains with its 6-speed transmission. Cons: a bit noisy, uneven/quick tire wear, poor paint quality, rear seats very cramped Overall I like the car. It doesn't have much power, but that gives you excellent mileage. Opt for the IS350 if you prioritize power over gas mileage. I have taken several long road trips and the front seats are very comfortable even after 12 hours of driving. The dogs in the back seat never complained, but human friends have mentioned the lack of space in the back. There is quite a bit of road noise, but I guess that is the price you pay for low profile high-performance tires. The grip is excellent - I can easily go 70 mph in a recommended 35 mph curve - it feels rock-solid."