2008 Lexus IS

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Great for snow.

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

for sale

"this is an excellent car I recomend it to anybody. It's great for snow also."

for sale

Fun, yet practical

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Decent gas mileage for AWD and quality interior"

Cons: "a little lacking in power, but still adequate."

"This is a great car. Fun to drive, yet practical. It gets pretty good gas mileage too. I average about 23 mpg. I have the IS 250 AWD and it is good in snow as well. My last car was an Infiniti G35, so any all-wheel drive vehicle would be an upgrade in snow. It has the pep when you need it, but not so much to get you into trouble by just putting your foot on the gas. The back seat is not the roomiest for a 4 door, but OK for my needs. I would definitely recommend the vehicle. Get it loaded though. The packages are sort of weird.....you have to get a certain package to get blue tooth...just things like that. It is great as a loaded vehicle. Expect to pay just north of $40,000 loaded though."

The most for your money

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Luxury, Ride Quality, Gas Mileage, etc."

Cons: "Traction Control does not disengage"

"By far the most comfortable sports car I've ever had. Though more of a sport touring than actual sports car, the paddle shifters and 300 hp give you more than enough to have a fun drive down curvy roads with plenty of power for passing. The IS350 gives you ultra luxury with decent performance. While fun to drive the IS350 gets pretty good gas mileage too. The sunroof is smooth, quick and quite, the car seems to ride on air, and the little extras to include the push button start just make this car the perfect all around vehicle. I get numerous compliments. I have yet to have any trouble and all I do is change the oil. The service given at Lexus Dealerships is superb, far above BMW. I hhighly recommend this vehicle, I won't go back to owning anything else. The only thing I do not like is that you cannot disengage the traction control for more than a few seconds and only up to 40mph. It is quick to apply the brakes so while cornering it can be a nuisance. This was changed in later years, 2008 and newer I believe. I also dislike the amount of body roll in hard cornering, this can be fixed by purchasing the F-Sport suspension and I plan to. Other than that, great car!"

Still a great car after 75000miles

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Well Built, Extremely High Quality"

"Ive owned and loved my IS F since day one. Been a great experience so far, and there isn't anything to complain about. Not much more you can ask for from a sports sedan."

First Lexus - Very Happy

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, has been extremely reliable"

Cons: "Only one cup holder in the front"

"We purchased this car used with approximately 30,000 miles. We have put an additional 40,000 and literally have had not one problem or failure (we have performed all Lexus recommended maintenance). The car has a very nice ride, handles very well and does a fantastic job in the snow (AWD). The leather is very high quality. With 70,000 miles there is only faint signs of wear on the driver's seat. The trunk is a little on the small side and there isn't much room in the back seat for passengers. We have been very pleased with this purchase. We plan on purchasing another Lexus soon."

Luv it would definately purchase another one!!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

"Bought it used with 20000 miles and have had it for 3 years now and have had no problems what so ever."

Looks, style and ride can't be beat!

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Style, smooth ride and price"

Cons: "Smaller area for rear passengers"

"I purchased this car 4/2010 from a Peoria AZ Dealership. I was drawn to it because of it's appearance and the Lexus name. I haven't been disappointed. The entry level BMW (3 Series) and Acura TL couldn't compare with the options, attractive appointments and price. The ride in the IS250 is quiet and smooth."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, great mpg"

Cons: "low profile tires"

"I've been driving my 2008 IS250 AWD for almost 4 years now, and I love this car. I don't need the sport drive of a BMW, I want the comfortable cocoon of this car. The fit and finish is beautiful and tight. With 91k miles there isn't a squeak or a rattle to be heard. The car has been uber reliable, with not one problem to date. And I am averaging 29.3 mpg over the life of the car. It's sharp looking, comfortable riding, good handling, quiet, reliable and fun to drive. I love this car!"

best all-around sport luxury car

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Great Car"

"300hp low gearing in first 4 gears plus highway gearing in 5"

The Perfect Car.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, MPG, Nav, heated/cooled seats,"

Cons: "I wish there was another cup holder in the center!"

"I test drove an Infiniti G37x, Infiniti M35x, Lexus ES350 and a Lexus LS460 before buying this car and I can honestly say that the IS was my favorite. The ride was firm and quiet, the design of both the interior and exterior are awesome, the price is fantastic and the build quality is amazing. I also love the stock sound system, it is more than adequate for everyday driving. The Nav system is flawless and the voice commands are easy and rarely miss what I'm saying. The gauges are easy to read and beautifully crafted (I love the start-up "dance" the gauges do), the power sunshade is a great option for those sunny days and bright headlights, the heated seats get perfectly hot and the cooled seats get nice and cool (they're actually vented). To me, the power of this car is fine. I mean really, where are you going to go with 300 hp anyway? I can't recommend this car enough and as a new Lexus owner, I will be looking at more of their cars in the future. Next, I have the LS on my radar. That is an amazing car but certainly out of my price range at the moment :)"

Great for two

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Quality of construction, details, reliability"

Cons: "Back seat, power"

"Great handling, controls easy to use, somewhat tight inside, 250 model needs a bit more power but AWD was only available in 250 model in 2009. Consider the 350 with AWD, today. Overall, a great car for commuting."

Great Car, love it!

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Fast Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Recalls"

"I've bought this car Dec 2005 and absolutly love it. Great comfort, style, speed, worth every penny that was spent. Have had 0 problems other than a few recalls which earned a full free tank of premium from the dealership (FYI Comes with any factory recall). Would defintly buy another Lexus in the future and will probably keep this car for another 15 years."

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"I bought an IS 250 CPO a little over a year ago and love the car. The best car I've ever owned. Comfortable, cool looking, safe, and great gas mileage, 22-31 mpg. Getting ready to buy a newer one. Word of advice: get rid of the Bridgestone Turanza tires and put on Michilin's or Conti's. You'll be much happier."

Thoughts

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I purchased a CPO IS250 last year and have had it in the shop for broken items and warranty items almost every month. I enjoy driving the car as it is very comfortable and fun but I am disappointed with the issues I have had. (new sun roof deflector, rear view mirror, start button, seat belt adjusters, battery, top end of engine from a random misfire, 6 disk in dash CD changer) The vehicle is an 2006 but still has not held up to the Lexus reputation."

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"3 + year owner. Still drives like a new car. nav is great. paint & seats all wear well. Love the AC seats and bluetooth. Great gas milage 31+ on hwy. Replaces the floor mats with black ones. Low profile tires are expensive and noisy."

2007 IS250

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I just bought a used Lexus 2007 IS250 with 12,000 miles. So far this car has been amazing! The 2.5L has more than enough power to get me around town and the AWD allows it to handle as if it were on rails. I test drove BMW's while looking for a car and while they drove nice, they didn't possess the comfort of a Lexus. I'm 6'0" and am comfortable in the car, but it may not be the best fit for someone taller than myself. Personally, I think the Lexus looks better than its competitors in this class and the value of a used model seemed more logical than buying a new car in a lesser class."

By on Thursday, June 17, 2010

"The use of plastic makes for noises in the interrior.Very good performance and outstanding design. A head turner."

FFFFFast

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bought a 2008 IS-F 3 months ago. I've owned 11 cars before this one and I've NEVER driven ANYTHING like it! The Exhaust is MEAN, the POWER throws you in your seat, the Craftsmanship is amazing and you get looks from EVERYONE! This thing is a driving machine better than any BMW, Mercedes, or Audi I've ever driven or ridden in. The F out-performs the M3, the C63 and the S4/S5. The only issue I've had since I've had the car is the safety features. You can't input data into the Nav or Phone wile driving. Other than that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car to ANYONE that is looking for FUN!"

Long Term ISF Review

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned my ISF for nearly 2 years. I have approx. 25,000 miles on it. Sharp, fast, handles like it's on rails. Exhaust note is worth turning down the excellent stereo to listen to. There is so much good about this car, except the ride. If you spend all your time on the track, its worth every cent, but for a daily driver, I grow tired of driving it by Wednesday afternoon and by Thur and Friday, I may even catch myself dreading it. On smooth freeways, its great, but get onto any bumps and it feel like riding in a go-cart across a field. If the mood is right, then this is fine, and even fun, but after a long day at the office and your stuck in 40mph traffic and your bouncing around, its no fun at all. The transmission is great, occasional paddle shifting in Sport mode is awesome, and the ability to always chirp the rear tires when shifting into 2nd gear in an automatic, is impressive and an attention getter. I think my wife enjoys it more than me, as she puts it in Sport mode pulling out of the garage! I love this car, hate the ride but not enough to get rid of it, yet. As long as I only drive is periodically, I look forward to the sporty feel, but not something I can do everyday."

Overall - A good car

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Owned this car (IS350) for 3 years now. I got 30k on my first set of tires. When the service guy says new brake pads - do it, don't wait like I did - you'll end up getting rotors too ($1000). It gets 30mpg on the highway cruising at 70-80mph, but only 18mpg city. Its really fast - and not just 0-60, but 50-80 etc - its got gears for all the right placeds. The traction control is annoying and the car is utterly useless in any sort of snow. The rear end will waggle easily in wet weather under power on a corner. back seat is small, but front is a dream of comfort. Dunlop tires have way more road noise than Michelens. All in all - a great car for "no kids" couple or single in the south where it doesn't snow. I'll hang onto this car until one of these stipulations changes."

The Bomb

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I bought this car for my significant other, after she drove it, she fell in love with it, so did I. It's responsive, fast, the look is hot, and the luxury is superb. One draw back, there are a few comfort issues, and I would hate to be the one to ride in the rear."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"The is250 is sleek, stylish, well equiped and rides smooth... I am very impressed! Could use slightly more horsepower and its kinda tight in the back seat for passengers. Good thing is, I don't sit back their."

Everything I Hoped For

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Pros: * extremely comfortable for average height * backup camera, nav system * eye-catching styling * excellent fit and finish * heated and vented front seats (individual driver and passenger control) Cons: * premium fuel * lack of rear leg room * low ceiling for tall passengers * lo-profile tires wear quickly"

Amazing!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"When I bought this car I wasn’t expecting much out of it then, when I got into a multi-car wreck early this week my thoughts forever changed. This car surprised me. It handled super well, I had 8 cars crash into me and i walked away without a scratch or ache. Plus, this car destroyed every car that hit it and my car didn’t get a whole lot of damage. I had the RWD model which also handled pretty awesome even during this past winter in the snow-storm northeast. The only cons I can think of was I wish my model had the windshield wiper sensor, a real second cup holder in the front, and of course although this car is quick there is a reason why they made an IS-350 and IS-F models. Some back passengers complained about the leg room but it didn’t bother me because I was always driver. All-in-all I would highly recommend to anyone especially first time drivers or even new families. I have never felt safer then in that car. A++"

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Excellent car...great AWD, good gas mileage...hav had car for 3wks and no complaints... PROs--quiet interior, excellent styling, tires edge over rim to to guard against damage. auto shade for back window(great feature), driver & passenger door sills hav lexus logo that lights up at nite..sweet.. CONs--no back seat room for adults, side mirrors dont rotate in automatically, must be done manually,,small issue..replacement tires are expensive... Good price....fully loaded AWD 37500..1.9% financing with tier 1+ credit rating..."