2007 Lexus IS

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

An above average luxury car

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "sporty looking, awd, quality, luxury car"

Cons: "doesnt quite hold up to its competitors"

"I purchased the vehicle used 2nd owner with about 51000 miles on the car. I am a younger gentleman who enjoys luxury cars and automotive sports. The 06 IS250 AWD is a nice luxury car overall however it does leave a bit of room for improvement. The vehicle is All wheel drive and alright on gas milage. I usually get 18 city and 22 hwy. though these numbers are based at lower speeds (<50 MPH) When I take longer drives on the highway its not uncommon for me to see around 28ish MPG traveling at a decent speed. First the value. The vehicle is on the high ball of the vehicles competitors such as the BMW 3 series or the Infinity, Mercedes counterparts. Especially in this current economy and it being a used car. However it does hold its value a bit more than other cars. The loop I got at the dealership was that the car is AWD and good on gas. Though there are a few other cars that are much much better on gas and still AWD. I stuck with a Lexus due to its heritage and reliability. Driving dynamics to me are very important. I frequent autocross races by the SCCA as well as the occasional twisty backroads. The vehicle weighs quite a bit for being a luxury car and a car in general, even for a 4 door saloon. It is also rather top heavy. Google autocross by the SCCA and you can see why that may be a problem for me. I wanted a car that was quick and agile but still luxury. It kind of failed that want. However you can't necessarily test that with a dealer rep in the car on a test drive. It also lacks much power. I know that a standard base honda or a minivan can out power this V6 so don't expect a sports car handling nor power. Though compared to its competitors, the vehicle stands the furthest behind in the performance catagory. Reliability on my car has been tested in this short time I have owned the vehicle. When Lexus states its Maintenance intervals need to be done, they are right on the money. I just completed the 60k miles and it was the perfect time to do all the items mentioned. So if the previous owner did the Maintenance than the car is reliable in that as long as the schedule is followed the car runs like a dream. However if things are neglected, like my brake fluid was, the consequences can be adverse and costly. The interior of the vehicle is well done and perfect in almost every aspect. The only change to be made would be to add a different radio/center consol button color instead of classic toyota green to match the interior of the is250. Side note. When shopping for one of these cars. Look into the three "packages" and all the options prior to your search. Some things available in certain packages are costly to upgrade if purchased without. For example, if you dislike the standard radio and want navigation, choose your car wisely. There is only 1 (terrible) option to upgrade to navigation and its aftermarket and costly. Lexus informed me that you either get navigation initally or not at all. Also things like illuminated side sills on the luxury package are around $300 to purchase later. The available packages are Luxury, Premium, and Sport. Options include Navigation, Mark Levinson Sound, headlamp washers, power rear sunshade, ect. All im saying is do your research and know what you want prior to looking. The exterior is sleek, sporty, and well designed. Other than the car looking a touch too high (gap between tire and wheel well) it has everything you could want on an exterior. The quality of the items in the vehicle is unmatched. The leather is quite perfect and quality. The wood trim appears quite high end though it is not real wood obviously. The exterior is well made and the paint is strong and durable. The engine feels strong. Keep in mind it is an extremely higher quality toyota. Though most of the parts of the car, as far as mechanical items go, are toyota parts. There be nothing left to say about comfort and convenience. The ride is peaceful and very smooth. I highly highly recommend the Navigation System since it is touch screen and adds great things like wireless bluetooth, a backup camera, GPS, touchscreen controls, detailed maintenance schedule, usb, auxilary ports, ect. this category is where the car shines. It is very technologically savy and advanced with tons of options and that lexus comfort. this category is the best of its competitors. Overall, if the car was slightly cheaper in initial price, had any kind of engine power/better handling, and got better gas milage...it would be a luxury supercar. Though the lexus does fall behind in some ways. Lastly and rarely mentioned, when repairs are needed, the labor and parts at a lexus dealership or even private dealership are beyond expensive. yes the maintenance isnt bad but it is very costly. my local dealer wanted 2,400 for the 60k maintenance. I did it all myself for around $500 in parts. Another piece of advice is to test out the cars.......and its competitors. Finally dont settle for anything less than fully loaded is250's. you wont regret it at all."

Rockin'

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "HID lights, navigation, quiet, comfy, gas mileage"

Cons: "underpowered"

"Was going to buy a Jeep Wrangler until I foresaw gas prices spiking. Went to the Lexus dealer next door as a "joke" to see if I could afford one of these. Found out that not only was this car a value, the material quality, and ride was second to none! Gotta have navigation and HID headlights! The LED daytime light strip in the from has the cool Audi-look to it. The Xenon lights are awesome! The navigation/bluetooth has been a life-saver! The 18" rims turn heads and the gas mileage is awesome (36mpg on hwy)!"

Best car we have owned in 40 years of marriage.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, great looks, quality."

Cons: "Small trunk, no rear seat leg room."

"Wow, my wife and I love our 2010 IS 250. It is silver with black interior and smoked 18 inch wheels. I get a lot of compliments on the car. We made purchase in early July and have put 10,000 miles on it. We just drove from north Florida to Iowa and back. Gas mileage was great. We usually get around 36 mpg cruising the interstate. City and highway combined is around 32. The front seats are very comfortable, and I am 6ft tall. The ac is more than adequate here in Florida heat. My wife drives it on a one hour commute to work, a two hour round trip. She chose the used Lexus over a new Camry SE. I now use the sport mode transmission setting for more zip. Love the exhaust note when the hammer is down. Good power. Handling and accident avoidance are excellent, as well as the brakes. Stereo with multi-disk cd player is very nice. Somehow, this car is easier to wash and detail than many cars. I had rather drive a used Lexus than a new anything else."

2011 IS250 F-Sport RWD w/Nav

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Resale value, good looking interior and exterior"

Cons: "By-the-book maintanence is high, small backseat"

"The F-Sport model handles very well at high speeds when compared to my previous 2009 IS250. The steering is phenomenal. The interior looks and feels solid. Front seats are definitely an upgrade from the base IS. The F-Sport suspension is tighter and more responsive to quick turns. In terms of acceleration the 2.5L engine does not impress much, but it does the job when passing is necessary and gas mileage is great. The Nav System is a must, not only does it make driving much easier, it cleans up the dash to look much better as well(back-up camera is great too). The maintanence costs can add up, which is why I stick to the basics (oil change, air filters, pump premium fuel, and inspect tire pressure to avoid premature tread wear). I always hear IS drivers complain about tires wearing prematurely, but most likely that is due to neglecting the tire pressure monitor. Driving around with low pressure for 1000 miles will easily take an additional 1000 miles off the life of the tread. At 17,000 miles my tires still look great all around. Why did I buy this car for a second time? For the money, this is one of the best cars out there. I really liked the F-sport Package(black headliner, sport seats, rims, steering, suspension, aero package). Mercedes quality does not match(owned a C-class before the 2009 IS250). BMW styling is dull(inside and out, my brother drives 4-door 335i and he loves my car). Drawbacks: The backseat is small, but if you treat it as a 4-seater you should be fine. No need to do everything the dealer suggests unless you plan to own long-term(5+ years)."

Love it!!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I love my 2011 IS250!!! I don't care about Horsepower or how fast it can get to 60 mph, just want to be pampered as I'm getting there! :) I almost bought a Chevy Camaro SS, sooo glad I didn't! The IS250 is WAAAAY nicer on the inside... I know, I know the engine can't even compare but I'm more concerned about the features and the inside of a car. The Camaro can't even measure up on that aspect. I had a RX330, I was done with an SUV. I love how I can zip around in my IS250. Very sporty feel. I am a Lexus owner for life! :)"

Great Vehicle!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I have owned 2 BMW 3 series (purchased new) and encountered many mechanical/electrical issues. I was so happy when Lexus came out with the new IS body style...and I'm even happier I purchased it! This is the best car I have ever owned. I'm pretty sure I will stick with Lexus in the future."

Own the Best

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I have owned my share of nice vehicles.04 Maxima,05 Acura TL,07 Yukon and this Lexus is the best.No complaints.Just lov'in it."

Awesome

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I've had my IS250AWD for over a year and with 18,000 miles on it, I have only had it to the dealership for state inspection. This car is amazing. My first Lexus and I am most likely a lifer now! The car turns heads everywhere I go. I bought the car virtually fully loaded, the nav system, backup camera and bluetooth are killer options. The heated and even "cooler" ventilated seats are amazing! It handles well, drives smooth, and is very fast! All with amazing fuel mileage. The only downer is the premium fuel. In the last 6 years I have purchased 4 brand new cars, and this is by far the most superior!"

Fits a business lady perfect!

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Driving power, control, style, elegance, and space"

Cons: "Price to fix. Dash material breaks down."

"This car drives like a dream. Great handling, speed, control. Only problems- Lexus doesn't tell you- only clean the interior with water on a cloth. Anything else will make the interior break down and get sticky. Then, each door piece costs $1000 or more. It's a pain. The stickiness leads to it breaking apart if u touch it with your nails. Now I have divits in my door siding and on my dash. My visor also sticks to the dash, almost as if the dash was melting. Other than that- I don't ever want to own anything than a Lexus. Best car ever!"

I love this car

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

"It's handles like a sports car, has plenty of horsepower but is comfortable, good on gas and has all the bells and whistles. At 5 years old it still drives like new."