2007 Lexus IS

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Great performance/luxury car

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "performance, handling, looks, mileage"

Cons: "no fold down rear seat, nav locked out when moving"

"Got this car as a CPO 3 years ago. It has been flawless in its' reliability. Even with the 3 recalls it has had. It is one of the few cars I have drove that can still put a smile on my face. The "giggle pedal" to the right of the brake is where the fun starts. I would call this a luxury-performance car, not a performance-luxury car. I get 27 MPG overall mileage with about 70 pct highway driving. Handling and acceleration are just plain great. Some nits to pick though. The rear seat really needs to fold down for oversize trunk items. And I should not need to have a manufacturer "lock out" my ability to input an address into the navigation system when I am moving. Overall, a truly fun to drive car."

Love this Car!!!

By on Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Pros: "sporty for a 4-door, good on gas, comfortable relaxing ride, all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "Can't rotate the tires due to size difference in front and back tires"

"I have only had the car for a couple of months, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, and exceeds my expectations in all areas."

Love it!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I love this car, I just wish I would of gotten the IS350 instead of the IS250. Before this car, I had an Infiniti G35 coupe and I miss the HP LOL. But besides that, it's a great car!!"

Great car

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"tires lasted ~20k miles and OEM replacements are $250 each! The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car and has a ticking sound related to the fuel injectors.. told by Lexus this is common with this engine. Very noticeable when the engine is cold. Gas mileage averages 23 mpg. Love the style, ride and accouterments. Would by definitely buy again."

Nearly Perfect Entry Level Luxury

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Build quality, standard equipment that's optional on other makes, solid feel, and great gas mileage, the IS250AWD is a standout. I've owned my vehicle going three years with zero problems. With 30,000 miles on the clock, I haven't had to replace anything other than oil, oil filter, and windsheild wipers. The tires a getting a bit thin, but their replacement will be in a few months. Power is acceptable, but I would prefer about 75 more horses; handling is OK, but I'd prefer a stiffer ride for the back roads of New England. Being billed as "sport luxury", the IS definitely wades in the luxury end. Materials are first rate, fit and finish are exceptional. I want to purchase the IS-F, but will have to win the lottery first."

Comfy Sport Car

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"Fantastic car. If you want to drive a nice and sporty car and enjoy at the same time the comfort and attention to detail of a larger luxury, this is your car. Not a good idea if you are a 100% sport car driver who would rather suffer the stiff ride and all the nuances of the typical sport car. Reliability and quality are top. I have owned one for three years and still looks as the first day, even though it usually stays under the Florida skies every single day."

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""

Just OK

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years now. It eats tires, I get about 15 - 18k miles out of each set, and at 900 a set, thats not something I look forward to at all. The ride is noisy, and you can hear the cars passing by the car as well. For the price, I expected alot more from Lexus."

The power to convert

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I was looking in the market for 5, 3 series bmw or an audi A4 quattro and somehow I got convinced by my girlfriend that an IS is the best looking for the cars in its category (women can't be wrong on judging what's visually appealing :)). At first I agreed with her strictly on the looks of the car and I said I wanted something German and aggressive. But I soon saw that the 3-series had become very common like Honda civic. On the other hand the audi was a good candidate but its expensive maintenance costs once it is out of warranty convinced me that it was not the car for me. So why did I choose the IS250? because it fufilled my overall requirements: 1.AWD capability, 2. excellent reliability 3. best fuel consumption, especially for a car that has a V6 and all-wheel drive 4. sexy yet imposing exterior design and 5. a well-done interior with perforated heated/cooled leather seats and a unique dashboard. The drawbacks are the lack of rear knee space and what some consider as its underpowered engine. However considering that you're not driving around with a group and you're not drag-racing, this car is the perfect blend of a mid-size luxury sedan."

The Best Sports Car...

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I have had this car for 6 months and I love it the more I drive it, Where eles can you buy a 416hp and still get 26mpg in the HWY. And its a Lexus which will last for a long time... Great JOB"

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

ISFUNNN

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Love this car! F is for FUN! Lexus has a winner with this one! Fast, responsive, fun to drive, exceptional handeling, GREAT engine sound! Love the shifting options! Good gas mileage with cruise control on freeway. Around town...so so. Stiff suspension and ride. If you have a need for speed, this is your car! 0-60 (and higher) VERY quickly and smoothly. Car is only beginning to warm up at 60! Crank up the terrific stereo and ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! (Sharing some driving time with him, can be a good motivator for getting your teenage son in line!)"

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

Impressed but...

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I just purchased a 2009 IS 250 AWD. What impresses me so far is this car's handling. I've driven it in rain so far ( hasn't really snowed yet) and it handled just perfectly. I'm a bit disappointed at the dealer though. Everytime I call to get their intial "first 30 day inspection" they tell me there is a long LONG wait! Hmmm... Anyway, the average MPG I'm getting in the city (Chicago) is about 19.5, so the est. mpg advertised is pretty accurate. My only complaint would be the storage in the middle consule and it's bit awkward reaching in because of how it's positioned. I'm a 5'10" 215 guy and I feel a bit cramped in the cabin itself. I think I'll eventually get used to it. Also, I would have liked to have seen some kind of an opening for my phone adaptor and/or my mp3 plaker cord as it is plugged inside the console and I have to keep it open while I'm driving and utilizing these electronics. Overall, it's a good buy!"

2006 Lexus IS 250

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"The car is great all around. The all-wheel drive feature is key in my decision to purchase the car. I am amazed by the number of luxurious features associated with the vehicle. The navigation is pin-point accurate and the heating and cooling seats are a great feature. I love the bluetooth compatibility with the use of my cell phone. In terms of performance, it does not compare to my last car (a BMW M3), but one can understand that as their is a drastic difference in cost. Overall, I am very happy to have this car because it is a good value for a sporty looking vehicle that still has 4 doors and decent trunk space."

Awesome Car

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"The only problem I can really think of with this car is that the rear seat has little space. No big deal though, I bought the car for me to be in the driver seat so to me, PERFECT!!!"

My first choice

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"This is one nice luxury car for an entry level buyer. The engine is smooth and gets good gas mileage when I take it easy, about 23/28. Customer service is like none other I have experienced. Seats could be a little easier on the back but with power everything you can't ask for much more."

amazing

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"This car is so awesome!! It's so luxurious yet really sporty at the same time! I love driving it and it's so comfortable! The navigation is one of my favorite feature's on the car! I use to be HORRIBLE with direction's, now with my GPS I NEVER get lost anymore! I love it! The car doesn't have very much leg room, so I would not reccomend this vehicle to a very big person, it can get really cramped!! The back seat also doesn't have much leg room and the trunk isn't very large. Other than those few minor flaw's the car is perfect! The paddle shifting is so much fun! It makes me feel like I'm driving a manual again. The bluetooth is awesome too! It comes in handy, only bad thing is when I'm using it, people think I'm talking to myself, lol ... oh well! I love this car and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a small extremely fun sporty car!"

Fun to drive, loads of power and over 25 mpg!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "power, gas mileage, transmission and good looks"

Cons: "stiff steering at low speeds, rough ride at times"

"Owned this car for 4 years now. Always fun to have the fastest car at the traffic light even though its looks are quite mild. Comfortable, easy to drive and returns wonderful gas mileage from 25-29 mpg consistantly. Steering is somewhat stiff and ride can at times feel unsprung but a small price to pay for a car that does 0-60 in under 5 seconds and can feel glued to the road. Highly recommend the IS F to anyone who enjoys a responsive gas pedal and a great looking ride. 420 HP is readily available and the 8 speed automatic is wonderfully smooth and quick to shift. Why not have fun on the road?"

It's everything you would want in a sports car!

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive & good on gas."

Cons: "rear passangers are not 100% comfortable"

"I love this car! It has everything a sports car should have: body type, acceleration, compact, good on gas, beautiful interior, accesories...everything!!! What more can I say? Only downside if I had to pick one would be passengers in the back are not 100% comfortable, but they manage."

Powerful engine, beautiful design, full of gadgets

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, reliability"

Cons: "very expensive navigation updates"

"I have my IS 350 for over 3 years now and I can tell I'm really happy with the car. I chose it at first for the horsepower and good name that Lexus has, and I don't regret it a bit. I had a 3 Series before, but I'm thinking my next car will be another Lexus."

sporty and faaast!

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, gorgeous to look at!"

Cons: "none so far"

"Had this car for a year (bought it used 1 owner prior). I love that it's a head turner appearance wise and pure luxury inside. It's my first Lexus and I will never drive anything else."

Its the best car I have owned known .....

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "50 character is not enough to describe !!!"

Cons: "Very little room in the back seat."

"If you are looking into buying this car, this may be the best dicision as far as car buying si concerned. Its fuel efficient considering its a V6. Style second to none. Driving experience, I have driven quite a few cars but none of them handles the road the way this one does. Excellent acceleration, instant response, and super quite. The interior is designed to the perfection. The only back draw is its little too compact for 4 people or family with babies, since there is not much room in the back. Any how the newer model ate not as good as the 2006- 2007 model as far as the looks are concerned. But over all the car is well worth its cost."