2006 Lexus IS

Based on 408 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

really nice ride

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "Blast to drive!"

Cons: "No back seat leg room, even for kids."

"I love my car. The only complaint I have is that the back seat is just not big enough for the 2 kids I put back there. I read reviews before I got this car and read the same complaint but aimed at not enough room for adults. I thought it would be fine for 2 kids. When you take into account the long length of my and my husbands long legs, it leaves virtually no room for the kids. We use this car for running back and forth to school and grocery shopping or other around town errands, but when we are taking a trip longer than 30 minutes we drive the other vehicle. When it comes to the features in this car I have absolutely NO complaints. It has anything and everything you could use in a car. I've had it for almost 2 years and am still finding new stuff the car does."

Love my IS! Favorite vehicle ever!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Hot looking car, fun to drive, VERY reliable!"

Cons: "None that I can think of....."

"Not only is my red IS a beautiful car, it handles wonderfully (especially around tight curves) and is a great ride! Also very reliable....four years and only maintenance has been oil changes and new tires (just this year). Even with the smaller engine (250), it has great get up and go!!"

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""

Some quick facts

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"Pros: price, gas mileage, aggressive looks, good firm handling, front seat comfort, fun to drive in mountains with its 6-speed transmission. Cons: a bit noisy, uneven/quick tire wear, poor paint quality, rear seats very cramped Overall I like the car. It doesn't have much power, but that gives you excellent mileage. Opt for the IS350 if you prioritize power over gas mileage. I have taken several long road trips and the front seats are very comfortable even after 12 hours of driving. The dogs in the back seat never complained, but human friends have mentioned the lack of space in the back. There is quite a bit of road noise, but I guess that is the price you pay for low profile high-performance tires. The grip is excellent - I can easily go 70 mph in a recommended 35 mph curve - it feels rock-solid."