2005 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Awesome Car

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"I have owned this car for 12 years and have had no major problems. Usual maintenance was done every 20,000 miles and am very pleased with it."

I love this car. It has never broke down.

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Handles great."

Cons: "Sucks in the snow."

"I have had this car since it had 50k. The only thing I have had to do to it was routine maintenance. I did the timing belt, water pump, etc job myself to save money. The only thing I don't like about it is that parts are expensive and to have a shop work on the car is expensive. Other know problems i have heard of are the rear main seals leak and the power steering pumps go out. Overall great car!"

Awesome Car....I just purchased my fourth one!!!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Amazing Wagon....LOVE the SportCross!"

Cons: "Heavy braking from high speeds can wrap rotors."

"I put a lot of miles on my car and since 2002, this has been the car of choice! I've had three and just purchased my last one....the following are the versions/mileage: A. 2002 Sedan - 35k, sold since I wanted Sportcross version B. 2002 Sportcross - 175k miles with no problems! C. 2005 Sportcross - 125k miles with no problems! D. 2003 Sportcross - 45k miles (just purchased!!)"

FUN LITTLE CAR

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, very light, rwd, mt, LSD"

Cons: "Tires not wide enough, nothing else (:"

"Its quick (mt), light weighted, handles very good, and it looks amazing, no problems at all, just added air to the tires and gas, very sporty and fun to drive. Best car I've owned period."

reliable & stylish

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"overall good vehicle. Only complaint are: price (duh, then why did I buy a lexus?). The center console is really small. And the rear seats don't fold down so it's hard to fit larger items. I have a 2004 (its 2009 as I write this) and I haven't taken the best care of it (not every sched. maint.) but I've NEVER had a problem with it. Only now am I starting to want to take it to the shop (nothing major - just feel like she deserves it). VERY reliable. Not very big though - hard to move an infant carseat in & out easily if you're 5'7" +. I was also a little dissapointed when I found out other 04 models (non luxury brands) had a few extra luxuries I would have expected Lexus to have first (namely: bluetooth & MP3 player). Also, not too great in Snow/slippery weather. The feature that cuts the power to the rear wheels makes it impossible to get out of a slushy parking/driving job. VERY bad. Snow button doesn't help that much either... maybe winter tires would help? (I use high performance all weather)."