2004 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

My 1st Lexus!

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I bought this pre-owned car on 02/28/2010, so it's been about 1 year. I don't have any complaints. I owned a 1998 Honda Civic before this. Compared to the Civic it is much faster, rides much smoother, and does have a more desirable interior. Although it is not as good on gas it's still pretty economical for a luxury car. This model is small and sporty looking. Very cute. Excellent for my age (27). I did have to replace the motor that controls the door locks on the drivers side window about 5 months ago, but my husband did it for me and it wasn't a big deal (plus, you have to consider the car was already 5 years old even though it was new to me). Go test drive it. You will love it."

Amazing Car!

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I purchase a different car every 8 months. I have owned all kind of vehicles and the IS300 sports cross if my favorite. It is very roomy for a small car. I'm 6'5" and sit comfortably in the drivers seat. The sound system is great for a factory stereo. It handles very well and has decent acceleration. The fuel efficiency is ok. It has hard bucket seats that are not very comfortable on long trips. All in all its a very fun car to drive."

Best Vehicle I've owened

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Vehicle runs excellent from the day I bought it 'till today. I put over 60 thousand miles and it still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. I love everything about it, from its very stylish eye catching look to its race like performance. Only downfall is that Lexus did not make the new model as eye catching. The car is eight years old and I still always get compliments on its look, as well as it performance to operate so smooth."

GREAT CAR, BUT NOT VERY COMFORTABLE

By on Thursday, August 06, 2009

"this has been a great car, i have not had any problems. the only thing i do not like is that the seats are not comfortable at all! i could definitely not use this to go on an hour+ ride and thats why i will be buying a new car. also, i do understand its a sporty car but the room in the back seat is bad, i cant even put a toddler car seat back there without my nephews legs being squished against the front seats."

I love my IS300

By on Saturday, August 01, 2009

"Bought this brand new in 2004. After 5 years, it's never been in a shop because nothing ever goes wrong with it! Super reliable, unique style, and luxury amenities make this car a must-have! This car will last another 20 years if you take care of it. Only gripe is it could use a little more horsepower, but then again, I say that to every car. hahaha I would recommend this car to anyone."

2003 Lexus IS300

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"I bought an 03 IS300 (automatic) and I'm still driving it. The vehicle is made to last and I have not had any defects or issues with it. It still runs smoothly at 70k miles. The only thing I have changed is oil, battery and tires - the tread gets pretty worn out based on how you drive. Maintenance is costly as the premium synthetic oils are preferred which run about $100-$200 bucks depending on where you go. The only gripe I have with this car is the paint, as it chips and scratches pretty easily. The rock chips on my hood is devastating and is painful to look. I would recommend this vehicle to any one."

Still get compliments

By on Thursday, April 09, 2009

"I have owned my 01 IS300 for almost 5 years, bought with 30k and now 104k miles. The car runs great, handles well, and has look that doesn't go out of style. I have two small "gripes" ..no armrest, and the cupholders are way small. Winter driving REQUIRES good snow tires...All seasons don't cut it, but drives great with my Yokohama x-Ice winter tires. I don't really car about gas mileage, it's not so good (20 mpg)...but it's torquey engine and fun factor make me not even care about that. If it looks good still, get one...you'll like it."

Great overall car !

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"I bought an 02 IS300 (automatic) used about 2 years ago with 70k miles on it. Now at 98k miles it's still runs like new. The only thing i have changed is oil, battery, and a set of winter tires - a must if you live in places that get winter weather. The car handles great even in the snow/ice with a good set of tires ! i put premium fuel in it and it drives smooth, quiet, and comfy as long as the trip is no longer than 2 hours. The only complaint that I have is Lexus paint- it scratches /chips pretty easily. If you can find one for the right price get it !"

luxury with a edge

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"This car is a great car overall in style, performance, and comfort. The only thing that i would change is that it needs a better center console. The one that is in it is a little low. They needed to make it higher so you can use it as a arm rest. Other than that, buy it!!"

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"But as I pass through my sixties find that it is just a little too low to the ground for easy in/out, so need to step up the size of my ride. Has expected Lexus mechancial perfection as well as really lovely styling."

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

Amazingg

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"This vehicle is just amazing and sexy. If the gas mileage would be adjusted a bit, then this car would be perfected!"

that nice!

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"very classy, sporty, elegant combo. well worth it!"

By on Thursday, October 09, 2008

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I've had this car from new and it now have over 97,000 miles on it...... One word, GREAT!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Monday, June 09, 2008

"I bought this car brand new in 2001 and never had a problem in 6.5 years. The only thing I had to do besides regular maintenance was replace the tires every other year. It is the most reliable, quality car that I've ever driven. Now that I have a family, I have to upgrade to the GS 350. I will miss this car and wish that I didn't have to sell it."

Good for a single person

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"I got a 2002 IS used when I was 19 and kept it for about 3 years. It handled very well in the right conditions, but at the end of my ownership the car was nearly totaled on very thin ice. That's probably the only downfall to the IS, but now Lexus offers all wheel drive on the later models. I just traded it for an RX and am very happy with both Lexuses. The IS was an awesome car overall, but now I'm a new mom and it just isn't realistic, especially if you live in climates with snow/ice."

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Lets's put it this way, I had a 2002 IS, drove it for 4 years, enjoyed everything about it, ordered a 2005. I've had it for another 3 years, so far...have test drove the C-Class and 3 series. going to keep my IS."

Fun Car

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Had the car 3 months so far and have driven 7,000 miles. Had to get the lights stabilization and cd player fixed but it was covered under warranty. Car handles excellent in most conditions. Rear wheel drive in the snow has been somewhat aweful but I guess it was somewhat expected and probably not much different than other luxury rear wheel drive sports vehicles in its class. The breaks and traction control are exellent and have saved me from a number of accidents. Definitely recommend the car as it handles very well and is quite enjoyable to drive. Service is excellent from Lexus. Car does need high end snow/all wheather tires to perform well in all conditions, especially in the winter. I also keep 150 lbs of salt over rear tires in the winter as you need more weight over the tires in the snow and ice. Also keep a shovel in your car so you don't get stuck places. The seats are sporty and for longer drives are good, not excellent in comfort. Reliability in the winter is good but not excellent. Other than that I wouldn't get any other car in it's class. I recommend upgrading to the sports design as you get upgraded wheels and more chrome and a unique color. I haven't seen the same color car on the road yet. The upgrades make a big difference. For the price and options and the Lexus name, it's a bargain. The car using tiptronics is fast and probably quick enough for most. Taking turns on a dime is probably the best thing about this car. Being fairly light and low to the ground taking turns at 30 is no problem."

Greatest Car ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I love this car, and extremely happy with its performance and stlying. I would recomend this car to anyone interested in purchasing a new "used" car. More reliable than the BMW and handles much better."

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I bought this car for my wife 4 years ago and she loves it. Just the right size for her and very reliable. She absolutely refuses to talk of replacing this car with anything. Now that is customer loyalty!!!"

great car

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"this is a great car. reliable, very responsive, quick, smooth and forgiving. it's easy to drive. fell in love with it the first time i drove it. it something i can see myself keeping for a very long time."

Love the car

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"I love this car. I have the manual transmission. It is an easy car to drive, my wife can even handle the manual(thats saying a lot!). Interior design is great. Can fit 5. Have 70k miles and just now thinking about my second set of tires. Has been very reliable, no issues. Would highly recommend the vehicle."

By on Friday, September 14, 2007