2004 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Cute sexy car

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"This is a fun sporty little car. A little loud inside but very fun to drive. Holds it value very well. Very responsive."

fun car but not the best

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The main reason I purchased the is300 is for it's sleak sporty look. it defitnetly caught my eye because of that big "L" on the hood, but I guess it's just a status. It's and entry level lexus that provides some sort of afforability. The resale valu is very good, or isn't as good as it should be. I would take this vehicle over any 3 series bmw all day. Other than the expensive maitnance and average resale value this vehicle is nice."

Great used car Value//Fun to drive

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, value, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage, limited cargo space"

"I have owned 2 Lexus IS300s. The first was a 2005 and then a 2002 I currently drive. I feel safe and confident driving this car. It is not very big on the inside but still comfortable. It does not have folding rear seats so you are limited in what you can do at the home improvement store. The inline 6 cylinder is powerful and very smooth, the automatic transmission shifts wonderfully. The gas mileage is only fair for a fairly light weight car, at best 16-17city and 23-26 hwy w/ premium fuel. I enjoy the confidence of this car"s performance enough to make the gas mileage a minor gripe. I only put 7,000 miles per year on the vehicle. Everything has held up wonderfully on this car, cosmetically and mechanically. No issues found in this 11 year old car, other than a blown rear speaker (ps. I have really enjoyed the factory 6cd sound system) These make wonderful great used car values for someone that is neither particalar on gas mileage or needing a lot of cargo space. I bought mine for $10,000 2 year ago with 121,000miles and plan on selling in about a year from now for $7000. They keep their value, and toyota can take care of most maintenance and repairs. Great Value!! Very enjoyable to drive!!"

Best car so far

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet, lots of fun to drive, reliabl"

Cons: "too few cup holders, no longer made."

"I really like this car. So far besides routine maintenance all I have had to fix is the stereo and the solenoid operating the door lock on the driver's door. The power to weight ratio is surprisingly good for a four door sedan. It is a bit too tightly sprung for my wife's taste but the cornering is superb. After 11 years I can not detect any deterioration in performance. The seats are grippy which causes them to wear faster than slick leather but tires are like that too. It is a trade off. I will have to get new upholstery on the driver's side in another five years or so."

Great car, very reliable!!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "Drinks spill because of the shape of cup holders."

"I have owned my IS300 for almost 8 years now and absolutely love it! It has about 175,000 miles on it, but still drives like it is brand new. The only thing I would ahve changed on mine is the suede seats with leather trim, after a while the suede kind of gets worn. I love this car, but am ready for a newer one, so I am going to get the IS250...hopefully it will be just as dependable as this one has been for me."

Awesome Car....I just purchased my fourth one!!!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Amazing Wagon....LOVE the SportCross!"

Cons: "Heavy braking from high speeds can wrap rotors."

"I put a lot of miles on my car and since 2002, this has been the car of choice! I've had three and just purchased my last one....the following are the versions/mileage: A. 2002 Sedan - 35k, sold since I wanted Sportcross version B. 2002 Sportcross - 175k miles with no problems! C. 2005 Sportcross - 125k miles with no problems! D. 2003 Sportcross - 45k miles (just purchased!!)"

Sick!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "retains value! interior comfortable for 4!"

Cons: "slightly high suspension and quiet stock exhaust"

"This car is sick nasty. My favorite part of Lexus is their attention to details. Every button and knob is quality. The engine is superior and the E-shift transmission can handle 450hp easily. My only wish is that the stock suspension sat the car about 2" lower... but that's nothing Tein's can't do for around $1,000. I have owned a BMW, VW, and now Lexus... I will never get anything but Lexus! I love them... They drove to perfection, and I think they have arrived there! ;)"

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I bought my 2001 IS300 in 2001 with 9000 miles on it. I do a lot of driving and now have 187,000 miles on my car! Winters in Ohio can be tough and this car doesnt make them any easier, but a good set of all-weather tires or snows make life a lot simpler. For the most part I have never really had any problems, only minor and relatively inexpensive issues. I gave up the dealer maintenance years ago because of the cost. I just got my third set of brakes and second set of front rotors. The car does not do well with tires, either. Overall, it has been a very low-maintenance car. I think the dealership goes out of their way to find problems. Easy fix--don't bring it to the dealership for maintenance!!Every time I think I want to sell this car I change my mind. I love the way it looks and drives and I still get TONS of compliments! It still looks brand new!"

2001 and still runs like a champ

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"I purchased my 2001 IS300 in 2004 with only 32K miles on it. Some O2 sensors and the fan motor went bad a few years ago but it was covered under warranty. Other than that, I've just had tires, oil changes and brakes done. Basic maintenance stuff. It now has 85K and still runs like a dream. I know that this car will run another 100K miles or more. The styling is very nice and never looks outdated. Fun to drive everyday. Like others said, it is not that comfortable for long trips. Still love my IS though. It truly is a great car."

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008