2004 Lexus IS

9.4

Based on 250 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Has a rebuilt tittle

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I want this car

"The car has a rebuilt title"

Crushed to part with her

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Crazy value. Blast to drive."

Cons: ""Chronograph" speedo dial layout. Pretty annoying."

"I have been extremely happy with this car. Bought at 179K miles, still sounds lovely at 203K. Interior comfortable, controls/shifter/radio all so handy and intuitively placed. Stock speakers are impressive. Torque is fantastic. Tons of fun, especially freeway/passing. Wants a lot of caution in rain/snow, because she'll be out of control quick. Handling is wonderful. Wears tires fairly quickly. Xenon headlights are awesome. Gas mileage as advertised. I'd recommend the car to anyone."

Really great car

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Attractive luxury and sporty ride"

Cons: "Nothing important enough to mention!"

myIS

"What is not to like about a 2JZ inline six packed into a sleek four door that offers the right amount of sport and luxury to keep you comfortable and stylish. Turns on a dime and has nice solid suspension. I wish they had made it an option to get a twin turbo version but other than that, and a few other very small things, I have no other complaints."

myIS

Great little car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Great package - nice looking design (inside/outside), rear wheel dynamics, nice ride quality. Nice torque from the inline 6. Not too flashy, but enough to be fun. A bit noisy - wind and road. Old school tech. Overall, very reliable car - in terms of motor, electronics, etc... but can be expensive for big ticket items - timing belt, shock/struts, etc."

Poor gas mileage. Good power and handling.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "power, handling, style"

Cons: "mileage, room"

"Peppy performance and good braking. No room in back seat. Small trunk. Comfortable on long rides. Nice styling. Poor performance in snow."

First car, first love!

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Runs great, well made, comfortable, fun!"

Cons: "Expensive parts and maintenance"

"This is the first car I ever bought on my own and I love everything about it! I still get compliments on it even though its almost 12 years old and it still drives like a charm! The interior is still in perfect condition after living at the beach for 5 years. My only complaint and the reason I'm thinking of selling is that it is soooo expensive to repair. I've been told that the engine will be great for at least 200,000 more miles but the thought of the upkeep and maintenance as the vehicle ages is daunting. If you can afford the expensive maintenance then this car is definitely worth every penny!"

RWD at its finest.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "quick and sexy."

Cons: "cup holders don't do much."

"Fun, Comfy, and stylish all in one. Very fun to drive whip the rear end out. I have a 5 speed which is a must. Just wish it had more power really. But still one of my favorite cars."

Funnest car I've ever owned and driven

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reason: Needed bigger

Pros: "Sporty workhorse"

"I bought my IS-300 9 years ago as a certified pre-owned Lexus, with 45K miles on it. I had only 3 notable service issues with the car over 9 years. Two of these repairs were covered by the extended warranty and the third was a 120K mile shape-up (brakes, timing belt, a sensor, struts/shocks). I bought a new car - as I needed something bigger - but miss driving the IS-300 every day. When I sold it - the engine still ran like the day I got it and it loved to purr, accelerate, and corner."

Well built car, little maintance required

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Looks, build quality, driving experience, comfort"

Cons: "fuel GPM could be better for light small engine 26"

"I love this car because even with the miles on it, it is still just so solid in feel. Its a well built car with quality put into every part in it, except the radio but everyone of these cars has had it replaced by now. Even the factory shocks are original and only now are they STARTING to show that there getting a little lose."

Great used car Value//Fun to drive

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, value, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage, limited cargo space"

"I have owned 2 Lexus IS300s. The first was a 2005 and then a 2002 I currently drive. I feel safe and confident driving this car. It is not very big on the inside but still comfortable. It does not have folding rear seats so you are limited in what you can do at the home improvement store. The inline 6 cylinder is powerful and very smooth, the automatic transmission shifts wonderfully. The gas mileage is only fair for a fairly light weight car, at best 16-17city and 23-26 hwy w/ premium fuel. I enjoy the confidence of this car"s performance enough to make the gas mileage a minor gripe. I only put 7,000 miles per year on the vehicle. Everything has held up wonderfully on this car, cosmetically and mechanically. No issues found in this 11 year old car, other than a blown rear speaker (ps. I have really enjoyed the factory 6cd sound system) These make wonderful great used car values for someone that is neither particalar on gas mileage or needing a lot of cargo space. I bought mine for $10,000 2 year ago with 121,000miles and plan on selling in about a year from now for $7000. They keep their value, and toyota can take care of most maintenance and repairs. Great Value!! Very enjoyable to drive!!"