2003 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

RWD at its finest.

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "quick and sexy."

Cons: "cup holders don't do much."

"Fun, Comfy, and stylish all in one. Very fun to drive whip the rear end out. I have a 5 speed which is a must. Just wish it had more power really. But still one of my favorite cars."

Funnest car I've ever owned and driven

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reason: Needed bigger

Pros: "Sporty workhorse"

"I bought my IS-300 9 years ago as a certified pre-owned Lexus, with 45K miles on it. I had only 3 notable service issues with the car over 9 years. Two of these repairs were covered by the extended warranty and the third was a 120K mile shape-up (brakes, timing belt, a sensor, struts/shocks). I bought a new car - as I needed something bigger - but miss driving the IS-300 every day. When I sold it - the engine still ran like the day I got it and it loved to purr, accelerate, and corner."

Well built car, little maintance required

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Looks, build quality, driving experience, comfort"

Cons: "fuel GPM could be better for light small engine 26"

"I love this car because even with the miles on it, it is still just so solid in feel. Its a well built car with quality put into every part in it, except the radio but everyone of these cars has had it replaced by now. Even the factory shocks are original and only now are they STARTING to show that there getting a little lose."

Great used car Value//Fun to drive

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "performance, value, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage, limited cargo space"

"I have owned 2 Lexus IS300s. The first was a 2005 and then a 2002 I currently drive. I feel safe and confident driving this car. It is not very big on the inside but still comfortable. It does not have folding rear seats so you are limited in what you can do at the home improvement store. The inline 6 cylinder is powerful and very smooth, the automatic transmission shifts wonderfully. The gas mileage is only fair for a fairly light weight car, at best 16-17city and 23-26 hwy w/ premium fuel. I enjoy the confidence of this car"s performance enough to make the gas mileage a minor gripe. I only put 7,000 miles per year on the vehicle. Everything has held up wonderfully on this car, cosmetically and mechanically. No issues found in this 11 year old car, other than a blown rear speaker (ps. I have really enjoyed the factory 6cd sound system) These make wonderful great used car values for someone that is neither particalar on gas mileage or needing a lot of cargo space. I bought mine for $10,000 2 year ago with 121,000miles and plan on selling in about a year from now for $7000. They keep their value, and toyota can take care of most maintenance and repairs. Great Value!! Very enjoyable to drive!!"

Getting fed up with this thing

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Runs, drives and holds up flawlessly"

Cons: "Mediocre gas mileage and it won't quit"

"Over ten years and I'm getting tired of it and want a new car. The Sportcross fits everything I need to carry, it handles like nothing else I've test driven and, with the exception of one oxygen sensor, has been fault free. I can't find a replacement that's not a downgrade and I'm getting really fed up."