2012 Lexus HS

9.3

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

9.7/10

Excellent Car for commuting!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Gas Milage"

Cons: "Unable to put down the back seats"

"I have owned this car for about a year. I bought it certified pre-owned with 9k miles on it. I have now almost 25k. This car is an excellent luxury hybrid if you are in the market. When I was pricing between Lexus and Toyota, the Lexus was just slightly more when counting for all the comparable features in the Toyota. PROS: Excellent gas mileage- duh, Handles well, Comfortable ride, Lexus Service!! CONS: Well sorta a con/pro is the center console. It comes pretty far out into the passenger space and unless you are super tall (i am 5') then you are unable to reach into the passenger floor board. You know- when you make that fast stop and your takeout hits the floor sideways? Yeah. thats a problem. On the other hand it’s very ergonomically friendly for driving etc. Another problem I find is being unable to add a new destination when the car is in motion. I know this is the case for most new cars for safety reasons, but they have it so you can navigate the system from either the passenger side or drivers side. I wish there was an override so my passenger could add destinations if we wanted. The plus side is I do have Lexus Enform, so I just call them and they push it to the system. And last quirk, not being able to put down the backseat for large items. All that being said, I absolutely love this car and would without a doubt buy another."

Your Hybrid Choice

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I was reluctant to buy this car because of its small trunk space as well as its low miles per gallon for a hybrid (35/36). Well! Because of my driving tendencies--I tend to coast rather than accelerate and brake--I have been averaging 37-41 miles to the gallon! As for what I thought was a small trunk, my day-to-day needs fit quite well."

Nice car, but could be better

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Pretty Car"

Cons: "Average car, pricey tag. Go for another brand."

"I traded my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz CUV to purchase this car in October 2011 because of the advertised 35MPG. The car runs good, however, the MPG I get is not what the manufacturer advertises. I get around 29-31 MPG regardless of what driving mode I have it in. The electric seats are very slow. Once you start the car, you have to wait until it goes through its starting processes before you can click on your seat memory button for the seat to obtain your setting; unlike other vehicles, after you start the car, you can select your seat setting, and it sets it without having to wait. The seat memory buttons are not lit, and very hard to see at night. The mouse is very unsafe and a safety hazard to use when driving. A touch screen sound system would have worked best. The stereo is OK, not the best and functions OK, however, when you select XM mode, you have to double the sound volume in order to hear the music at a comfortable level. Only 1 power outlet, which I would prefer 2. Interior level noise is much higher with the provided factory tires, especially when driving over road expansion joints. Headrest do not lock in the lowest position, so they have a tendency to raise to the first level, which is very annoying. Seatbelts need to be relocated to the seats where they are more easily accessible for those drivers who may have back problems, or sustained a temporary injury that prohibits them from reaching to the rear of the vehicle. I am seriously already thinking about selling or trading in my vehicle, as I am not to pleased with it. The purchase process, after the sale, with the dealer, was not a very good experience. Overall, for the price I paid, I would recommend shopping around for another manufacturer, where you can get a similar or better vehicle, but for a lower price. If you're looking for better MPG, I would recommend the VW Turbo Diesel vehicles, or some other Hybrid vehicle."

Luxury and economy

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "economy with luxury touches"

Cons: "not a rocket off the line"

"I just purchased this vehicle certified from a local Lexus dealer. I love the 40mpg I'm getting, although I expect it to go down a bit in cold weather. I have some bells and whistles eg navigation and Lexus does them all well. Driving a hybrid takes a little getting used to, especially acceleration, which is a little sluggish. Once you are moving, there is no diff. Overall, I am very happy, with no regrets."

Luxurious Hybrid

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Lexus did it again. Overall well crafted vehicle. Extremely roomy although it looks small on the outside. The styling can be improved upon. A ton of fancy electronics on board. I have the premium edition with technology package. Fun car to drive and I get about 490 miles to a full tank. Great product by Lexus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus HS near Honolulu. See local deals