2012 Lexus HS

9.3

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

9.7/10

Excellent Car for commuting!

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Gas Milage"

Cons: "Unable to put down the back seats"

"I have owned this car for about a year. I bought it certified pre-owned with 9k miles on it. I have now almost 25k. This car is an excellent luxury hybrid if you are in the market. When I was pricing between Lexus and Toyota, the Lexus was just slightly more when counting for all the comparable features in the Toyota. PROS: Excellent gas mileage- duh, Handles well, Comfortable ride, Lexus Service!! CONS: Well sorta a con/pro is the center console. It comes pretty far out into the passenger space and unless you are super tall (i am 5') then you are unable to reach into the passenger floor board. You know- when you make that fast stop and your takeout hits the floor sideways? Yeah. thats a problem. On the other hand it’s very ergonomically friendly for driving etc. Another problem I find is being unable to add a new destination when the car is in motion. I know this is the case for most new cars for safety reasons, but they have it so you can navigate the system from either the passenger side or drivers side. I wish there was an override so my passenger could add destinations if we wanted. The plus side is I do have Lexus Enform, so I just call them and they push it to the system. And last quirk, not being able to put down the backseat for large items. All that being said, I absolutely love this car and would without a doubt buy another."

Great car

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Perks of a hybrid with Lexus luxury!"

Cons: "Price tag"

"The HS is a little pricey but it's a great car with a ton of useful extras. I enjoy driving my HS and I have no regrets. You can't beat Lexus quality and customer service. I'm so spoiled now ;-)"

Excellent Value

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"The great combination of luxury features, high tech toys and very good fuel economy makes one look forward to the daily commute. We wanted a car that had less impact on the planet and the HS250h fit the bill with very low emissions and being 85% recyclable. Factor in the predicted excellent 5 year cost of ownership and we feel good about our purchase."

A hybrid and luxary car

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I recently purchased this car after test driving about a dozen other models. I knew this was the car for me for several reasons. First, I am tired of spending over $70 a month on gas. This model partly solves this problem with 35 mpg. For example, I took the car on a 350 mile round trip several days ago on a hilly 65 mph Interstate and some stop & go traffic including a half hour stuck in traffic. The car got 38 mpg and used about nine gallons. My previous car with 24 avg mpg would have used 16+ gallons on this trip. Second, the car is very comfortable inside and has an easy to understand dash and controls. I have the basic model and no navigation which I find too distracting. The car is also about 100 pounds lighter than the premium model that may add slightly to the mpg. However, this model still has a long list of luxary features. The seats are very good. I felt comfortable the first time in the driver, passenger, and back seats with little or no adjustment, an experience I never had before. The seating is about three inches higher than many other midsize cars that improves views of the road and makes it easier to enter and leave the car. Head room is fine for me at 5' 6" but tall people may be a bit cramped. The radio is excellent, heated seats can be adjusted to the temp you like, and the climate control is excellent. The car handles well and it can turn tightly with the best other cars. Road feel is good and the car is quiet inside even at 65 mph. However, it takes a few hours of driving to become familiar with the hybrid system and the overall handling including steering and braking. After a while the driving experience becomes very good. Some of the published reviewers of the car do not appear to have driven long enough to appreciate the driving experience. Third, the car has cutting edge technology. I especially like the driving feedback information on the dash that gives real-time information on gas consumption in two modes. One mode provides an immediate view of how your driving is affecting gas milege and battery charging. Over time this can teach the driver to use less fuel. Forth, this is a Lexus meaning that reliabilty and attention to details for both the car and the dealership are usually guarenteed. Finally, I bought the car to reduce my footprint on the environment. Lexus should be recognized as one of the few luxary brands making a significant effort to reduce fuel consumption."

One Nice Hybrid

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"Comfort, Handling, and User Friendly High Technology, provide for an optimal and pleasurable driving experience. The navigation system is state of the art and extremely intuitive. The remote touch "mouse like" controller that operates the nav system will make anyone who uses a computer feel at home. The menu system is simple and straightforward allowing easy access to navigation, audio, phone, and climate settings. The system provides a highly advanced "natural speech" voice recognition to operate many of the control functions. The car's four power settings work flawlessly and provide ample options for drivers who like to maximize their hybrid results to those who prefer to emphasize the "power" route with hightened acceleration and thrust.Handling is straightforward, controlled ,and predictable offering a very rewarding driving experience on both highways and local roads. If hybrid technology coupled with luxury and comfort is valued, the Lexus HS 250 delivers on all counts."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus HS near Honolulu. See local deals