2011 Lexus HS

9.3

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

9.7/10

Excellent Value

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"The great combination of luxury features, high tech toys and very good fuel economy makes one look forward to the daily commute. We wanted a car that had less impact on the planet and the HS250h fit the bill with very low emissions and being 85% recyclable. Factor in the predicted excellent 5 year cost of ownership and we feel good about our purchase."

A hybrid and luxary car

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I recently purchased this car after test driving about a dozen other models. I knew this was the car for me for several reasons. First, I am tired of spending over $70 a month on gas. This model partly solves this problem with 35 mpg. For example, I took the car on a 350 mile round trip several days ago on a hilly 65 mph Interstate and some stop & go traffic including a half hour stuck in traffic. The car got 38 mpg and used about nine gallons. My previous car with 24 avg mpg would have used 16+ gallons on this trip. Second, the car is very comfortable inside and has an easy to understand dash and controls. I have the basic model and no navigation which I find too distracting. The car is also about 100 pounds lighter than the premium model that may add slightly to the mpg. However, this model still has a long list of luxary features. The seats are very good. I felt comfortable the first time in the driver, passenger, and back seats with little or no adjustment, an experience I never had before. The seating is about three inches higher than many other midsize cars that improves views of the road and makes it easier to enter and leave the car. Head room is fine for me at 5' 6" but tall people may be a bit cramped. The radio is excellent, heated seats can be adjusted to the temp you like, and the climate control is excellent. The car handles well and it can turn tightly with the best other cars. Road feel is good and the car is quiet inside even at 65 mph. However, it takes a few hours of driving to become familiar with the hybrid system and the overall handling including steering and braking. After a while the driving experience becomes very good. Some of the published reviewers of the car do not appear to have driven long enough to appreciate the driving experience. Third, the car has cutting edge technology. I especially like the driving feedback information on the dash that gives real-time information on gas consumption in two modes. One mode provides an immediate view of how your driving is affecting gas milege and battery charging. Over time this can teach the driver to use less fuel. Forth, this is a Lexus meaning that reliabilty and attention to details for both the car and the dealership are usually guarenteed. Finally, I bought the car to reduce my footprint on the environment. Lexus should be recognized as one of the few luxary brands making a significant effort to reduce fuel consumption."

Great Hybrid

By on Friday, October 15, 2010

"Had the car for 9 months now and love it! The only downfall is the lack of storage."

Better than expected

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "this car rides higher, more like my SUV"

"I'm retired. last three cars were Lexus 350. Liked them all except wanted better milage as I planned on taking road trips. Happy to say the gas milegae is good, not quite as stated, but this car offers the comfort and features i wanted in a car. I did drive a Prius, yes it was good, better mileage, but at my age and driving four Lexus' I'm spoiled, liking comfort features that the Prius didn't offer. Yup! the price was different too, but I'm very happy with my HS 250."

Fast for a Hybrid

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "fast off the start and accelerating for a hybrid, very quiet, good leg room in the back seat."

Cons: "Absolutlely no storage in the interior of the car."

"Bought this car after looking at all the hybrids on the mrket at the time. This car is fast off the start and accelerating, for a hybrid. The car is loaded with high tech toys. It has the mouse controller and the steering wheel with the "Heads Up Display" really spols you. Love this car. Wasn't sure I would be okay with Hybrid technology, but seems to go through snow and slush just fine. Over size 20" wheels helps. Would buy this car again. One drawback is the total lack of storage compartments in the car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus HS near Honolulu. See local deals