• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Lexus HS

9.3

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

9.7/10

Economy with a badge.

By on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Pros: "Looks great drives nice and its a LEXUS at 35mpg"

Cons: "Not cheap but what is today."

"My car I traded in was a H2 gas was insane. My wife drives a G35 she fell in love with this car. It's fun to drive. I have the premium with tech package. It truly drives itself its not fast but it stays with the traffic. Rides smother then G35 and quitter. Try it you will like."

I love my HS

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Great gas mileage, but without having to sacrifice quality and style. I kind of think of it as my souped up Corolla, in a good way! I absolutely love the heads up display (part of technology package). I think it should be a mandatory feature in all cars because it makes it so much easier to stay aware of your speed. I drive slower, especially when I use eco-mode (which is all the time) because the car really doesn't have a lot of 'oommph' in eco-mode. I don't mind it, my husband hates it. (He likes V8s!) I also really like the mouse like device used to control the navi. It is much easier than a touch screen."

Great car for warm climates

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage on the highway 38-40mpg."

Cons: "No all wheel drive winter mpg is under 30mpg"

"The car is great for use in the summer. Winter driving is not so great when driving up snow covered hills, despite the front wheel drive. The battery weight in the rear of the car defeats the benefit of front wheel drive."

Your Hybrid Choice

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I was reluctant to buy this car because of its small trunk space as well as its low miles per gallon for a hybrid (35/36). Well! Because of my driving tendencies--I tend to coast rather than accelerate and brake--I have been averaging 37-41 miles to the gallon! As for what I thought was a small trunk, my day-to-day needs fit quite well."

Nice car, but could be better

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Pretty Car"

Cons: "Average car, pricey tag. Go for another brand."

"I traded my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz CUV to purchase this car in October 2011 because of the advertised 35MPG. The car runs good, however, the MPG I get is not what the manufacturer advertises. I get around 29-31 MPG regardless of what driving mode I have it in. The electric seats are very slow. Once you start the car, you have to wait until it goes through its starting processes before you can click on your seat memory button for the seat to obtain your setting; unlike other vehicles, after you start the car, you can select your seat setting, and it sets it without having to wait. The seat memory buttons are not lit, and very hard to see at night. The mouse is very unsafe and a safety hazard to use when driving. A touch screen sound system would have worked best. The stereo is OK, not the best and functions OK, however, when you select XM mode, you have to double the sound volume in order to hear the music at a comfortable level. Only 1 power outlet, which I would prefer 2. Interior level noise is much higher with the provided factory tires, especially when driving over road expansion joints. Headrest do not lock in the lowest position, so they have a tendency to raise to the first level, which is very annoying. Seatbelts need to be relocated to the seats where they are more easily accessible for those drivers who may have back problems, or sustained a temporary injury that prohibits them from reaching to the rear of the vehicle. I am seriously already thinking about selling or trading in my vehicle, as I am not to pleased with it. The purchase process, after the sale, with the dealer, was not a very good experience. Overall, for the price I paid, I would recommend shopping around for another manufacturer, where you can get a similar or better vehicle, but for a lower price. If you're looking for better MPG, I would recommend the VW Turbo Diesel vehicles, or some other Hybrid vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus HS near Honolulu. See local deals