2009 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Awesome Truck

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Owned it since Feb 2006 and gave me no problems whatsoever. Nice ride. I haven't owned a car longer than 3 years...this one did the trick. I owned a BMW x5 before this one, sure the bimmer was more agile but this GX has enough power and luxurious."

A TRUE STANDOUT

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 GX 470. This is my second one. The first one (2005 model) was totaled in a head on collision on the Interstate doing 60 mph, and I am happy to be here to write this review. I have tested first-hand the critical safety features that most of us barely glance at when we purchase a car. Height & size of vehicle, crumple zones, air-bags...worth every penny. The driver of the other vehicle (Ford Taurus) spent 6 weeks in the hospital with significant injuries (for the record, she was cited for the accident). I walked away with a minor injury caused by the airbag going off (but it saved my life). In addition to this, Lexus makes the most dependable and comfortable vehicles you can buy, at any price. Lexus service is second to none. For those considering BMW or Mercedes who want a first class navigation system...compare them head to head with Lexus. There is simply no comparison. Although they are more expensive vehicles, these other manufacturer's nav systems are difficult to use, and hardly intuitive (The BMW "I-drive"...is a real misnomer). I wouldn't consider buying anything else."

great truck

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"great truck, holds value well, traded for an 07 gx and got 30k w/81,000 miles."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Large, Very comfortable, and Good off road"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best"

"I have had this 2003 Lexus GX470 since 2004 and have put 300,000 miles on it. It has been the best car that I have ever owned!"

One of the best vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I used to own a Mercedes-Benz S500; I currently have BMW 528i and Lexus GX. Lexus is the best. Plus, its services are so much better than M-B's and BMW's. My next SUV will still be a Lexus GX."

I have had my Lexus GX 470 for nearly 5 years...

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, reliability and dependability"

Cons: "pricy"

"I love everything about this car. It is the priciest purchase I have ever made, but certainly feel as though I am getting my money's worth each and every day. I have never had any issue with the car and nothing has needed to be repaired. Only maintenance required are my oil changes and tune ups. They even come to my job to pick up my car for them, and they offer free car washes on Saturday! I will always go back to Lexus."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "spacious without being too big"

Cons: "really low gas mileage"

"I have never enjoyed owning a car as much as the Lexus GX470. I am about to trade it in after seven years and for the first time in my life, I feel a little emotional about doing so. It's comfortable, useful and really low maintenance."

one of my best choices ever

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very good daily driver"

Cons: "less than adequate storage behind 2nd row seats"

"have owned over 15 SUV's in my life. This Lexus (2006 GX470) is one of the best. Good looking, comfortable, good gas mileage (21MPG on the road), medium size makes it easy to drive and park, very good dealer service and warranty covers everything (do not get the chrome wheels - looks good but cost to much to replace), back seat very comfortable, only 1 complaint - the vehicle just doesn't have the cubic feet to store very much - the only reason I complain is because I am comparing this vehicle (which I still drive) to my 1997 Tahoe, 2 door which I bought new and still have. Vehicles are caparable in every way except fit and finish (goes to Lexus) and cargo room behind the rear seats - Tahoe justs holds twice as much in cubic feet and weight."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Safety, Luxurious ride, Quiet"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"The most important comment I can offer is that this vehicle saved my life, literally. I owned this same model purchased in 2005, which I was driving on the Interstate at 55 MPH when another vehicle collided head-on with me (I was not at fault). Although my vehicle was severely damaged (totaled), I escaped with only a broken wrist caused by airbag deployment. The occupant of the other car (Ford Taurus) was hospitalized for 8 weeks. I replaced the 2005 model with a 2006, which is virtually identical. It performs very well. The only repair that has been required (other than standard maintenance items) has been a rear height sensor, although that was expensive to replace ($900). Otherwise the car handles every possible driving condition with confidence."

I love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "wonderful ride sound system is great"

Cons: "fine line dashboard crack"

"The only con I have with my Lexus is the dashboard cracked from one end to the other after six years. The leather cracked on the armrest after six years. My lexus drives as well as it did when it was new."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals