• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 213 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

2nd Best after the LX

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I Leased a 2006, I was so happy with it that I leased the new 2009 again. Navigation system is user freindly. Never had a problem with the car. I enjoy driving it. Sound system is outstanding. Beautefull design, comfortable and dependable. When you close the windowes, you don't hear any thing even the engin. Only thing bad is the way to close the 3rd seat, and very tight leg room in 3rd row seat."

Very Good But Not Tops

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Overall I've been generally pleased with the vehicle. It rides, handles, and performs well. The second row passenger seats are extremely uncomfortable and hard, which is unexpected for a luxury SUV. The front console is quite small with limited storage compared to other full size SUV's. I can't seem to adjust the drivers armrest to a comfortable position. The drivers side seatbelt frequently will not retract upon release, and to my surprise I was told by the dealer this is "normal" - not normal in my book to have it loose and slam it in the door on occasion. I do like how the vehicle drives and handles very much. Exterior styling seems quite conservative compared to others in its class,"

Awesome Truck

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Owned it since Feb 2006 and gave me no problems whatsoever. Nice ride. I haven't owned a car longer than 3 years...this one did the trick. I owned a BMW x5 before this one, sure the bimmer was more agile but this GX has enough power and luxurious."

A TRUE STANDOUT

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 GX 470. This is my second one. The first one (2005 model) was totaled in a head on collision on the Interstate doing 60 mph, and I am happy to be here to write this review. I have tested first-hand the critical safety features that most of us barely glance at when we purchase a car. Height & size of vehicle, crumple zones, air-bags...worth every penny. The driver of the other vehicle (Ford Taurus) spent 6 weeks in the hospital with significant injuries (for the record, she was cited for the accident). I walked away with a minor injury caused by the airbag going off (but it saved my life). In addition to this, Lexus makes the most dependable and comfortable vehicles you can buy, at any price. Lexus service is second to none. For those considering BMW or Mercedes who want a first class navigation system...compare them head to head with Lexus. There is simply no comparison. Although they are more expensive vehicles, these other manufacturer's nav systems are difficult to use, and hardly intuitive (The BMW "I-drive"...is a real misnomer). I wouldn't consider buying anything else."

great truck

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"great truck, holds value well, traded for an 07 gx and got 30k w/81,000 miles."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Large, Very comfortable, and Good off road"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best"

"I have had this 2003 Lexus GX470 since 2004 and have put 300,000 miles on it. It has been the best car that I have ever owned!"

One of the best vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I used to own a Mercedes-Benz S500; I currently have BMW 528i and Lexus GX. Lexus is the best. Plus, its services are so much better than M-B's and BMW's. My next SUV will still be a Lexus GX."

I have had my Lexus GX 470 for nearly 5 years...

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, reliability and dependability"

Cons: "pricy"

"I love everything about this car. It is the priciest purchase I have ever made, but certainly feel as though I am getting my money's worth each and every day. I have never had any issue with the car and nothing has needed to be repaired. Only maintenance required are my oil changes and tune ups. They even come to my job to pick up my car for them, and they offer free car washes on Saturday! I will always go back to Lexus."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "spacious without being too big"

Cons: "really low gas mileage"

"I have never enjoyed owning a car as much as the Lexus GX470. I am about to trade it in after seven years and for the first time in my life, I feel a little emotional about doing so. It's comfortable, useful and really low maintenance."

one of my best choices ever

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very good daily driver"

Cons: "less than adequate storage behind 2nd row seats"

"have owned over 15 SUV's in my life. This Lexus (2006 GX470) is one of the best. Good looking, comfortable, good gas mileage (21MPG on the road), medium size makes it easy to drive and park, very good dealer service and warranty covers everything (do not get the chrome wheels - looks good but cost to much to replace), back seat very comfortable, only 1 complaint - the vehicle just doesn't have the cubic feet to store very much - the only reason I complain is because I am comparing this vehicle (which I still drive) to my 1997 Tahoe, 2 door which I bought new and still have. Vehicles are caparable in every way except fit and finish (goes to Lexus) and cargo room behind the rear seats - Tahoe justs holds twice as much in cubic feet and weight."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals