• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Lexus 2004 GX470

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"Thought that the ride would be better with adjustible ride settings. Lacking independent rear suspension results in significant shocks to passengers when exiting or entering driveways. Front suspension is also less than acceptable as the steering wheel shimmies at freeway speeds even after multiple attempts to correct by the dealer. Nice to look at and sit in, but the ride has convinced me to return at the end of the lease less than satisfied."

A really safe vehicle

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Unfortunately my wife recently was in a serious auto accident, fortunatley she was driving our GX 470. The car's safety features did their thing and my wife walked away with only bumps and bruises but our GX 470 was totaled. Our sincere thanks to the safety engineers at Lexus."

Would buy again!

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"I leased a 2005 GX. It has been a great SUV. Very comfortable and smooth ride. Not a single problem and no complaints! I am considering buying at the end of the lease becuase it is such a great vehicle. Waiting to see if there is a hybrid available first. My last SUV was a Mercedes. I am a Lexus buyer from here on out! Great job Lexus!"

First Lexus/ Great

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Purchased GX 470 first of 2007. Sold my 2004 Lincoln Navigator. The dealer did not want the Navigator because of resale value. Sold for a BIG loss. The GX is smaller than the Navigator, but "oh" what a ride!! The GX is the finest automobile I have owned. The Lexus is made so well. I am looking at the new LX 570, but they want even be available until January 2008. May even keep GX I like it so well. FKW"

MPG is the only downside

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "overall Lexus unbeatable quality."

Cons: "MPG"

"We've owned 3 different Lexus - SC 430 convertible, RX 300, GX 470. The only downside to any of Lexus's AWD SUVs is the gas mileage. Which there was a quality SUV built that could get in the 40 MPG. But I know that just isn't realistic, as you pay for the weight and size of driving a bigger vehicle."

My favorite vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Safe, quiet, loaded, great vehicle"

Cons: "........ no cons for me :)"

"I love the Lexus vehicles! This is my 8th Lexus & you can not beat the quality and comfort. My favorite part about this SUV is the back door that opens to the side - LOVE THIS OPTION! I've always bought a Lexus with the Mark Levinson sound system, too - certainly beats a Bose. ;) This vehicle feels so safe and there is so much room in the cabin & in the back seat. #1 all around!"

Best Auto I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "great drive, power, comfort, styling, accesories,"

Cons: "gas mileage(but the safety is worth it)"

"LOVE this SUV. Previous to my purchase of the GX I had a 325XI which I adored. It was going to take something really special to make me trade it in. Well, the GX did it. I couldn't be any happier with the ride, safety, luxury feel, look/styling, convenience. I really appreciate this vehicle when I get into something else. I can't wait to get back in behind the wheel of my SUV. I would say if you are looking for a SUV that you would put your mother, grandmother and kids all at one time, this is the one! I anticipate it lasting for 200,000 miles so don't look for me in a car dealership anytime soon!!"

Perfect vehicle!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great overall vehicle especially if you have child"

Cons: "Low gas mileage 16 mpg"

"Perfect combination of car and truck. Great SUV! Only downside is gas mileage, only 16 mpg and you must use premium gas."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great family car, comfortable, sporty"

Cons: "Third row seats not as convienent as I would like"

"I love this car and am very sad to get rid of it. I'm driving farther to work each day and need something more economical but even if I had to do it all over again I would in a heart beat!"

Best SUV ever had.

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"I've owned BMW X5, 330, 740, 530, Porsche 911, Toyota Landcruiser, Lexus SC400, LS400, LS430 by far this has been the most fun, versatile, safe, comfortable and confident vehicle to use with family and kids. What I love most is its reliability and problems free build quality. More than 100K miles and I have zero problem today (2003-2009). Just basic maintenance which can be easily DIY jobs. It shares the basic chassis as the Japanese version Toyota Land-cruiser Prado which is very famous as the most capable off road SUV used worldwide. Go search on YouTube for Prado off road clips and you will know what I mean. Mark Levison and DVD entertainment plus all the electronic assisted features are just pure awesomeness. Best value an best bangs for the bucks period."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals