• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"This is a wonderful vehicle. It is as close to bulletproof as one can get. I have 72k on mine (2004), and there is not a rattle or squeak to be found. It still rides as well as the day I bought it new, and with my K & N air filter, I get 18.1 mpg...very good for a vehicle this size and weight. There is nowhere it can't go. I hike a lot, and take fellow hikers in the woods, in the mountains, everywhere, and it gets us there in absolute comfort and safety. Since I travel, I have it serviced at one of three different Lexus dealerships...I was looking at a smaller, newer Lexus due to a job change, but ALL 3 of the service advisors told me to forgo the new Lexus and keep this one...it's their favorite, and they told me that they all felt the GX470 was, along with the LS sedan, the most reliable vehicle Lexus has ever built...and with 2 GX's in the service bay that day with over 150K miles on them. Yeah...I think I'll keep her. She is comfortable, reliable and luxurious. Looks are average to me, but everything else is beyond impressive. I highly suggest you get one...even with today's price of regular gas, there is no reducing the safety or comfort factor in my family. Good job, Lexus!"

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Perfect for 65,000 miles!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"This SUV has been perfect for 65000 miles! Really -- no problems at all. It still looks and drives like it is brand new (although it is 3 years old) People who drive in it with me invariably comment on how comfortable it is. Bought this after a horrible experience with a BMW X5 (110 days in the shop over its 3 year lease)... No such problems with the Lexus -- all comfort, reliability, performance, and over 20 mpg on the highway to boot!"

Smoother than anything you could think of!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, backup camera, third row seat"

"I just purchased a 04 lexusGX 470 and what a pleasure to own! Very smooth and quiet like you're driving a sedan. Engine is quiet and third row seats is the best! The car is seats up to 8 people and that really comes in handy for us. Never would want to give up a car like this. The best thing about the car is that it's spacious. Think twice about buying another car because this is your choice!"

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals