• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 19 20 21 | Next

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"great vehicle, quiet ride, lots of power and versatility. Holds resale value."

A TRUE STANDOUT

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 GX 470. This is my second one. The first one (2005 model) was totaled in a head on collision on the Interstate doing 60 mph, and I am happy to be here to write this review. I have tested first-hand the critical safety features that most of us barely glance at when we purchase a car. Height & size of vehicle, crumple zones, air-bags...worth every penny. The driver of the other vehicle (Ford Taurus) spent 6 weeks in the hospital with significant injuries (for the record, she was cited for the accident). I walked away with a minor injury caused by the airbag going off (but it saved my life). In addition to this, Lexus makes the most dependable and comfortable vehicles you can buy, at any price. Lexus service is second to none. For those considering BMW or Mercedes who want a first class navigation system...compare them head to head with Lexus. There is simply no comparison. Although they are more expensive vehicles, these other manufacturer's nav systems are difficult to use, and hardly intuitive (The BMW "I-drive"...is a real misnomer). I wouldn't consider buying anything else."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"I take my GX470 offroad all the time at my ranch, and by offroad, I mean serious offroad. The suspension on this car is excellent and it does better going up and down the steep rocky slopes than vehicles that seem better equipped. The highway ride is very smooth and quiet, and there is lots of power and acceleration. My only beef is that this is not a car for tall people. With the back seats down, the front seats have to be far forward, and anyone over 5'10" tall will not be able to drive with the back seats down. Luckily, I'm 5'7" so it's fine for me. Also, the seats are not anywhere near as comfortable as those in my old Jeep Cherokee."

Best SUV Ever

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"Very comfortable and drives great. Very powerful, even up hills. Absolutely no complaints or regrets!!"

So dependable

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I have 2004, I love it. It is great in the snow, we have a long drive and last winter we had an unexpected storm. My husband couldn't get out of the drive with his Acura TL, so he had to drive my GX. The snow was up to the bottom and it just cut right through. I love Lexus Service, they treat me great. The next vehicle I buy will absolutely me another Lexus!"

First Lexus/ Great

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Purchased GX 470 first of 2007. Sold my 2004 Lincoln Navigator. The dealer did not want the Navigator because of resale value. Sold for a BIG loss. The GX is smaller than the Navigator, but "oh" what a ride!! The GX is the finest automobile I have owned. The Lexus is made so well. I am looking at the new LX 570, but they want even be available until January 2008. May even keep GX I like it so well. FKW"

Good value

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"This is the second gx I have owned (first was an 03) it is exceptional in most ways except for a vibration in the steering wheel, similar to wheels out of balance. This is the reason I traded the 03 (since Lexus refused to acgnowledge this as a problem). The problem still remains in the 06 however they have greatly reduced it. Lexus does not have a fix for this and still (at least through 06) manufactururers cars with this problem. If they get this problem fixed and add a bit more style I could give it 5 stars."

Great, comfortable SUV

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Nice SUV. A little pricey but very comfortable for business or road trips. 3rd row seating a joke. If you need a third row seat, buy a Honda Pilot. I ended up taking out 3rd row seats for increased cargo room. Very limited cargo room with fold up third row seats. Great performance and quality. Nice quiet, smooth ride."

Should Have taken longer test drive

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Not at all what I had expected. Its like my friends 4-runner but cost me more. I should have got a Land Rover, BMW or Benz. Reliable but I wanted more quality. My husband calls it girly."

This one almost does it all

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I've had my GX for 4 yrs, 75,000 miles, the original tires still going and it just passed inspection. I can drive 4 hrs, work 6-8 hrs and drive 4 hr back home and am not tired. Gets 20-21 mpg anywhere. My dryer went out;store couldn't dleiver for 2 wks; they had a floor model and I just went over and picked it up. Have considered trading for Lexus car several times and can't come up with a reason to trade. Had an RX prior to this. Service is 2nd to none; every issue (and there haven't been many) has been followed thru to my satisfaction. Only negative is that it is a pain to wash and wax because of its size. Recently have considered trading for GS350 and think I just talked myself out it!"

Previous | 1 ... 19 20 21 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals