• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2007 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Execellent driving SUV

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "wonderful vehicle"

Cons: "not too crazy about third row seat."

"I love this car so much. It is so convenient for a family of 5. The height and length of the car fit me well, since I am only 5'1". It accelerate very well (when it was young.) The interior is roomy and beautiful. All the knobs and buttons are within my reach since I have short arm length. Love it so much that's why I haven't part with it yet. I may consider getting another one."

Always looks good!

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "A great and comfortable ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage. The way 3rd row seats are installed."

"I actually purchased this SUV used and have not been disappointed. The exterior design of the SUV looks great. I like the way the rear door is hinged on the side and opens instead of the typical hatchback design. Although I do miss a window that opens like a hatchback. The spoiler on mine would not allow that I'm sure. The interior is nice, all leather, wood grain highly polished and beautiful. The Lexus comes loaded and you truly feel like you are in luxury with something that has the power to go off road if needed. Over 135,000 miles now and driver seat along with passenger is showing some wear on the leather where you swing in and out. The 3rd row seating is good to have. But they fold up and to the side and latch to holders on the ceiling. This takes up some valuable cargo space. I wish they were recessed in the floor and you could fold them up. The only problems I have had is the Lexus DVD player quit working. $1,200 to just replace the DVD player. Air ride quit working and has been an expensive and a difficult fix. It was first thought to be the compressor, after that costly maintenance it was found not to be the problem but something with the ECU computer piece located in the dash. Another costly fix (both close to or just over a grand). We also had to replace the radiator. Any maintenance is not cheap. One thing I have noticed is the Lexus SUV's really hold their value. Overall, I have loved this ride and feel so spoiled I cannot imagine stepping down to something else. We have taken this vehicle on several trips. Highway mileage is going to be around 18 and if you are lucky 20. Around town in the mid teens."

nice shape

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

I want this car

"good shape"

By far the BEST SUV

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Good mpg for SUV V8, Very Luxury, Stable"

Cons: "Too nice to take offroading, but is that a Con?"

"You can't compare any SUV to this one. Maybe the LX or the Land Cruiser but they are such gas guzzlers. My Avg MPG is 19mpg with 200K miles on the Car. I get 23 24 on the freeway. Much more stable then the jeeps and with the Dif Locks it handles like a jeep off road, but in luxury. where you don't jump around the car like a bobble-head. Leather is amazing, reliability is amazing, quiet and smooth on the roads, headlights are bright and clear, Takes easy turns without the tipping over feeling. Its a Lexus, with 200K on the car it still runs like new."

The GX-470 is a velvet-lined tank.

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Can't bet how well it does everything it does"

Cons: "Being scared to get it dirty"

"I've had the GX-470 for three years now, and it was the best 'car purchase' I've made. The initial sticker shock is bold, so we bought used. This is our family grocery getter, toddler carrier, and much more. I love the ride comfort, towing ability and versatility. If I was asked to get in my GX470 and drive across the country-anywhere in the country- I would feel COMPLETLEY confident in the mechanical and engineering of this SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals