• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 207 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Almost 10 years and a fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "great to drive, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "don't like the way the back door swings"

"This care has been wonderful for almost 10 years. Reliable, comfortable, spacious and fun."

Smoother than anything you could think of!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, backup camera, third row seat"

"I just purchased a 04 lexusGX 470 and what a pleasure to own! Very smooth and quiet like you're driving a sedan. Engine is quiet and third row seats is the best! The car is seats up to 8 people and that really comes in handy for us. Never would want to give up a car like this. The best thing about the car is that it's spacious. Think twice about buying another car because this is your choice!"

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Rare luxury SUV

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, full utility, luxury and reliability"

Cons: "rear jumper seats small, boot space limited"

"Purchased this car for my wife and our two young sons. I did extensive research to find the best mix of utility, safety, style, ride quality and reliability. From utility perspective, this is a truly acclaimed off road vehicle. Based upon legendary Toyota Landcruiser, this vehicle can handle our once a year snow storm and winter ski vacations in the mountains. It has all the settings to down crawl steep and icy terrain, or climb without applying too much torque. In the off road deep snow, we can separate the front and rear driveline to maneuver bumpy off roads. This is with the Lexus defined ride quality (has three ride settings; sport, normal and comfort), reliability and style. This is luxury inside and out. The quality of materials, suppleness, the cabin acoustic quietness separate this vehicle from the competition. The Japan derived wheelbase and cabin size, are sufficient for us and provide a uniquely small footprint (can park into compact spaces). It makes for an easy to maneuver and drive vehicle. Rear backup cameras and parking sensors give you extra confidence. The third row seats are occasionally used but could only fit small adults or kids. There isn't a ton of storage space like larger sized US based SUVs. That is why I cannot give Interior and Convenience a 10. These cars run long into the mileage with very minor issues to deal with, except items like tires, lights, etc.."

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

One of best

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "comfort, quiet"

Cons: "LOUSY gas mileage"

"Except for lousy gas mileage, it is the best car I've ever owned. (out of over 50 cars) Also, too expensive to repair."

Luxury and comfort in a family car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, handles well, stylish, sturdy"

Cons: "Just 1: the 8 cyl uses more gas than I would like"

"I was hit head-on while driving my husband's Lexus sedan in 2005. Both my son and I walked away with only scraches from the air bags! I felt so safe in a Lexus product that we replaced it with another--this time, a family SUV. I am only 5'1" and have a hard time feeling comfortable in most cars but the adjustability and thick padded seats make this vehicle the most comfortable I have ever driven. The moon roof is fun and sporty on a warm summer day and helps to cool the car quickly by letting the hot air escape when I first get in. It's a great family vehicle, and the DVD player helps keep the kids occupied on long rides...but it is also luxurious enough to take friends out for the evening. A 6-disc changer and the Levinson sound system make an enjoyable listening experience while driving. Very little outside noise penetrates the windows. It is about as soundproof as a car can be. The 8 cylinder engine gives the car a strong pick-up and even ride on the highway."

One of the best vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I used to own a Mercedes-Benz S500; I currently have BMW 528i and Lexus GX. Lexus is the best. Plus, its services are so much better than M-B's and BMW's. My next SUV will still be a Lexus GX."

Great for long rides on the Interstate. Smooth.

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride."

Cons: "Gas guzzler"

"A bit of a gas guzzler. 16-17mph highway. Not to mention the premium fuel."

Awesome!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"My 2005 RX currently has 200,000 miles on it. It rides like a gem.. No real problems, great gas mileage! Love this truck!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals