• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Great SUV!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Large, Very comfortable, and Good off road"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best"

"I have had this 2003 Lexus GX470 since 2004 and have put 300,000 miles on it. It has been the best car that I have ever owned!"

One of the best vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"I used to own a Mercedes-Benz S500; I currently have BMW 528i and Lexus GX. Lexus is the best. Plus, its services are so much better than M-B's and BMW's. My next SUV will still be a Lexus GX."

I have had my Lexus GX 470 for nearly 5 years...

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, reliability and dependability"

Cons: "pricy"

"I love everything about this car. It is the priciest purchase I have ever made, but certainly feel as though I am getting my money's worth each and every day. I have never had any issue with the car and nothing has needed to be repaired. Only maintenance required are my oil changes and tune ups. They even come to my job to pick up my car for them, and they offer free car washes on Saturday! I will always go back to Lexus."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "spacious without being too big"

Cons: "really low gas mileage"

"I have never enjoyed owning a car as much as the Lexus GX470. I am about to trade it in after seven years and for the first time in my life, I feel a little emotional about doing so. It's comfortable, useful and really low maintenance."

one of my best choices ever

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "very good daily driver"

Cons: "less than adequate storage behind 2nd row seats"

"have owned over 15 SUV's in my life. This Lexus (2006 GX470) is one of the best. Good looking, comfortable, good gas mileage (21MPG on the road), medium size makes it easy to drive and park, very good dealer service and warranty covers everything (do not get the chrome wheels - looks good but cost to much to replace), back seat very comfortable, only 1 complaint - the vehicle just doesn't have the cubic feet to store very much - the only reason I complain is because I am comparing this vehicle (which I still drive) to my 1997 Tahoe, 2 door which I bought new and still have. Vehicles are caparable in every way except fit and finish (goes to Lexus) and cargo room behind the rear seats - Tahoe justs holds twice as much in cubic feet and weight."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Safety, Luxurious ride, Quiet"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"The most important comment I can offer is that this vehicle saved my life, literally. I owned this same model purchased in 2005, which I was driving on the Interstate at 55 MPH when another vehicle collided head-on with me (I was not at fault). Although my vehicle was severely damaged (totaled), I escaped with only a broken wrist caused by airbag deployment. The occupant of the other car (Ford Taurus) was hospitalized for 8 weeks. I replaced the 2005 model with a 2006, which is virtually identical. It performs very well. The only repair that has been required (other than standard maintenance items) has been a rear height sensor, although that was expensive to replace ($900). Otherwise the car handles every possible driving condition with confidence."

I love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "wonderful ride sound system is great"

Cons: "fine line dashboard crack"

"The only con I have with my Lexus is the dashboard cracked from one end to the other after six years. The leather cracked on the armrest after six years. My lexus drives as well as it did when it was new."

2004 GX 470 - Solid SUV

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"We bought our 04 GX 2 years ago w/ 25k miles on it and it's been a great suv. It rides well and offers real offroad ability, which comes in handy in snow storms and floods. We took it on 2600 mile trip and it did well, averaging 19 mpg, with 6 people. Luggage space could be more but that would mean larger vehicle. Unless it's a Suburban or Expedition, cargo room will be limited with 3rd row in place. The Tahoe/Denali, LR4 and XC90 are just as bad as GX for 3rd row use and luggage. I used a hitch mounted rack that worked very well. Best advice is buy one a few years old, so you don't pay the inflated new price! This is our 3rd Toyota/Lexus product and absolutely no issues. It's definitely worth a look."

Just what you expect from a Lexus

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"This is my second GX, and my tenth Lexus. The GX is by far my favorite. I have had three LX's, and they are great, but the GX is more fun to drive. I have also owned six other Toyotas. I would not own anything else. I looked at everything else, but can't find anything that compares with the comfort and value of a Lexus. Service is awesome. I am getting the new GX460 soon."

Awesome Ride

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"I just got a GX 470 and that was the only SUV I was looking for. I've had a GS 300 since 55K and it now has 140K and only had a small oil leak. The car held up extremely well and I'll expect the same from the GX 470 I just bought. I looked at the MDX's as well before I made my decision on the Lexus. The Lexus seems to hold its value extremely well and will last through my loan term surely. I would suggest this SUV to anyone I know and am extremely pleased with my purchase."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, August 08, 2009

"Great car, runs great, handles great, carries alot and holds 7 people. Looks good I love the cream color."

Lemon

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"Ongoing problems with Navigation, sound system,heating and A/C, Rear Camera. Has been in shop in excess of 3 months total and still is in shop today -6days so far and counting! I thik it is time they replace the vehicle or offer me a price difference on a new one that is too good to pass up!"

Solid, dependable vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"The vehicle is the most solid and dependable I have ever owned. For being able to carry 8 people and get 20 MPG (actual) with the comfort and power it provides is incredible."

I love my truck!

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"My husband and I are Lexus people. I have always had a Lexus sedan, but after having our baby, we wanted the extra safety and security of being in a truck. I am petite too, so sitting up higher really made me feel safer on the road. I actually love to drive now and I don't mind driving in the rain! I love my truck and will never go back to the sedan again! :) I highly recommend this truck."

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 30K miles and now have over 90K. It's the best car I've ever owned. Driver position is great; very comfortable and smooth for an 8 cyl. AWD. Great in the deep snow. My only complaint is the cost of maintenance through the dealership; very expensive. I would definitely buy this car again. I seldom keep a car over 75K miles, but don't want to get rid of this one!"

Good on looks

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Looks good, runs well, short on storage. No place to put your wallet or phone. It's ok if you have a pause. It also has the most uncomfortable seats in the entire Lexus line and the third row seats are useless."

Great Comfort

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"I purchased certified pre-owned 2yrs ago, 2003 GX470, I love it, smooth ride and reliable. No major issues and has 74k on it. Only thing, 3rd row seats not very rooming unless you are 2 feet tall and rear hatch should open up not to the side like a door, very inconvenient. Other than that, I love this vehicle, owned a RX300 prior to that and would only go GX or better from now on!! Worth every penny with the excellent service you receive at the dealership."

Best vehicle yet

By on Saturday, July 05, 2008

"I bought my gx470 in 05 and it has never given me any prolems. I'm kind of tall and it has plenty of leg room. I Love everything about this truck and if i decide to trade, it would be for a newer model:) No complaints and definitely no regrets. It's a high dollar vehicle, but well worth it!"

Best owned vehicle

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"The ride is the best i have ever seen. Although 4 years old, it still looks new. A quiet ride and a pleasure to take on trips."

Awesome SUV

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"This is a great SUV. The performance is more then expected. It's powerful V8 with it's smoothness take off gives you the confident to step on that gas pandel. It handle the road like a champ! The Styling is definitly an SUV look...tough. And the Comfort is truely Lexus. I have my GX470 2006 for almost 2 years now and I love it. I also own an MDX, and I have to say, it makes my MDX a bored to drive. I brought my GX470 late in 2005 (November). It's such a nice ride. It has not given me any problems yet...knock on wood! This SUV overall is the best value for it's kind."

So dependable

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I have 2004, I love it. It is great in the snow, we have a long drive and last winter we had an unexpected storm. My husband couldn't get out of the drive with his Acura TL, so he had to drive my GX. The snow was up to the bottom and it just cut right through. I love Lexus Service, they treat me great. The next vehicle I buy will absolutely me another Lexus!"

great car

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This is my first Lexus and I will continue to buy Lexus from now on. This SUV is smooth, quiet and fast. My husband doesn't like big cars, but he admits that this is a great car. He has a BMW M3, but has commented on how fast the GX 470 is. Lexus also provides excellent service. If you can afford it, you should get it."

Best ever

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"I LOVE MY TRUCK"

Belongs in a time capsule

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Flawless full-time 4-wheel drive system"

Cons: "Thirsty, but with solid power"

"Bought a 2004 new in December of '04, and although it only has 61,000 miles on it now, I am amazed at the quality and reliability of it. I paid less in 2004 for it than the supposedly comparable vehicles cost at the time, and their current blue book value is half or less of what the GX's is. The all wheel drive system in this vehicle is amazing, with capabilities that fewer than 1% of owners will ever realize or much less utilize! As another reviewer said, I'd recommend this vehicle to the Pope!"

MY FAMILY AND I APPRECIATE THE RELIABILITY & VALUE

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "THE ELECTRONIC SUSPENSION IS GREAT"

Cons: "THE REAR DOOR SHOULD OPEN UPWARD LIKE RX MODELS"

"THIS 2009 LEXUS GX470 IS THE BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE VALUE,QUALITY,RELIABILITY AND COMFORT,FOR ME ITS THE BEST TRUCK EVER BUILT....MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF THIS TRUCK,INSIDE AND OUT..THIS TRUCKS PERFORMANCE IS JUST AMAZING.I WILL RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals