2006 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"This is a wonderful vehicle. It is as close to bulletproof as one can get. I have 72k on mine (2004), and there is not a rattle or squeak to be found. It still rides as well as the day I bought it new, and with my K & N air filter, I get 18.1 mpg...very good for a vehicle this size and weight. There is nowhere it can't go. I hike a lot, and take fellow hikers in the woods, in the mountains, everywhere, and it gets us there in absolute comfort and safety. Since I travel, I have it serviced at one of three different Lexus dealerships...I was looking at a smaller, newer Lexus due to a job change, but ALL 3 of the service advisors told me to forgo the new Lexus and keep this one...it's their favorite, and they told me that they all felt the GX470 was, along with the LS sedan, the most reliable vehicle Lexus has ever built...and with 2 GX's in the service bay that day with over 150K miles on them. Yeah...I think I'll keep her. She is comfortable, reliable and luxurious. Looks are average to me, but everything else is beyond impressive. I highly suggest you get one...even with today's price of regular gas, there is no reducing the safety or comfort factor in my family. Good job, Lexus!"

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Perfect for 65,000 miles!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"This SUV has been perfect for 65000 miles! Really -- no problems at all. It still looks and drives like it is brand new (although it is 3 years old) People who drive in it with me invariably comment on how comfortable it is. Bought this after a horrible experience with a BMW X5 (110 days in the shop over its 3 year lease)... No such problems with the Lexus -- all comfort, reliability, performance, and over 20 mpg on the highway to boot!"

Smoother than anything you could think of!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, backup camera, third row seat"

"I just purchased a 04 lexusGX 470 and what a pleasure to own! Very smooth and quiet like you're driving a sedan. Engine is quiet and third row seats is the best! The car is seats up to 8 people and that really comes in handy for us. Never would want to give up a car like this. The best thing about the car is that it's spacious. Think twice about buying another car because this is your choice!"

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

Luxury and comfort in a family car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, handles well, stylish, sturdy"

Cons: "Just 1: the 8 cyl uses more gas than I would like"

"I was hit head-on while driving my husband's Lexus sedan in 2005. Both my son and I walked away with only scraches from the air bags! I felt so safe in a Lexus product that we replaced it with another--this time, a family SUV. I am only 5'1" and have a hard time feeling comfortable in most cars but the adjustability and thick padded seats make this vehicle the most comfortable I have ever driven. The moon roof is fun and sporty on a warm summer day and helps to cool the car quickly by letting the hot air escape when I first get in. It's a great family vehicle, and the DVD player helps keep the kids occupied on long rides...but it is also luxurious enough to take friends out for the evening. A 6-disc changer and the Levinson sound system make an enjoyable listening experience while driving. Very little outside noise penetrates the windows. It is about as soundproof as a car can be. The 8 cylinder engine gives the car a strong pick-up and even ride on the highway."

Best SUV I've Owned

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Fit and finish, engine, powertrain, reliable, roomy."

Cons: "Rear hatch"

"I've had two SUVs prior to the GX. Both were Mercedes MLs and both were less than adequate. I purchased my GX in 2005 and have 72000 miles on it. This SUV has never given me any trouble, rides better than some sedans, and is extremely reliable. I've also found a great dealership that actually treats it's customers like royality. Fit and finish, engine and powertrain are excellent. I've took the GX off road several times and it performed great. At 72K miles I still have the original tires. However, I have one complaint. The rear door (rear hatch) opens to the left. It would be nice to have it open up. Other than that this is a terrific vehicle, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in purchasing a SUV."

Love this SUV. No issues since day one.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "great realibility and quality"

"Lexus makes quality cars. This is my 2nd Lexus and will only buy Lexus. We had an Infinity and had multiple recalls."

Rare luxury SUV

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, full utility, luxury and reliability"

Cons: "rear jumper seats small, boot space limited"

"Purchased this car for my wife and our two young sons. I did extensive research to find the best mix of utility, safety, style, ride quality and reliability. From utility perspective, this is a truly acclaimed off road vehicle. Based upon legendary Toyota Landcruiser, this vehicle can handle our once a year snow storm and winter ski vacations in the mountains. It has all the settings to down crawl steep and icy terrain, or climb without applying too much torque. In the off road deep snow, we can separate the front and rear driveline to maneuver bumpy off roads. This is with the Lexus defined ride quality (has three ride settings; sport, normal and comfort), reliability and style. This is luxury inside and out. The quality of materials, suppleness, the cabin acoustic quietness separate this vehicle from the competition. The Japan derived wheelbase and cabin size, are sufficient for us and provide a uniquely small footprint (can park into compact spaces). It makes for an easy to maneuver and drive vehicle. Rear backup cameras and parking sensors give you extra confidence. The third row seats are occasionally used but could only fit small adults or kids. There isn't a ton of storage space like larger sized US based SUVs. That is why I cannot give Interior and Convenience a 10. These cars run long into the mileage with very minor issues to deal with, except items like tires, lights, etc.."

my best vehicle in over 50 yrs.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This is by far the nicest car or suv we have ever owned. I have had 0 trouble with it. Just keep the oil changed, tires rotated and that is it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals