2005 Lexus GX Consumer Reviews

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

Rare luxury SUV

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, full utility, luxury and reliability"

Cons: "rear jumper seats small, boot space limited"

"Purchased this car for my wife and our two young sons. I did extensive research to find the best mix of utility, safety, style, ride quality and reliability. From utility perspective, this is a truly acclaimed off road vehicle. Based upon legendary Toyota Landcruiser, this vehicle can handle our once a year snow storm and winter ski vacations in the mountains. It has all the settings to down crawl steep and icy terrain, or climb without applying too much torque. In the off road deep snow, we can separate the front and rear driveline to maneuver bumpy off roads. This is with the Lexus defined ride quality (has three ride settings; sport, normal and comfort), reliability and style. This is luxury inside and out. The quality of materials, suppleness, the cabin acoustic quietness separate this vehicle from the competition. The Japan derived wheelbase and cabin size, are sufficient for us and provide a uniquely small footprint (can park into compact spaces). It makes for an easy to maneuver and drive vehicle. Rear backup cameras and parking sensors give you extra confidence. The third row seats are occasionally used but could only fit small adults or kids. There isn't a ton of storage space like larger sized US based SUVs. That is why I cannot give Interior and Convenience a 10. These cars run long into the mileage with very minor issues to deal with, except items like tires, lights, etc.."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted