• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Love this SUV. No issues since day one.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "great realibility and quality"

"Lexus makes quality cars. This is my 2nd Lexus and will only buy Lexus. We had an Infinity and had multiple recalls."

My favorite vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Safe, quiet, loaded, great vehicle"

Cons: "........ no cons for me :)"

"I love the Lexus vehicles! This is my 8th Lexus & you can not beat the quality and comfort. My favorite part about this SUV is the back door that opens to the side - LOVE THIS OPTION! I've always bought a Lexus with the Mark Levinson sound system, too - certainly beats a Bose. ;) This vehicle feels so safe and there is so much room in the cabin & in the back seat. #1 all around!"

Great SUV!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Large, Very comfortable, and Good off road"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best"

"I have had this 2003 Lexus GX470 since 2004 and have put 300,000 miles on it. It has been the best car that I have ever owned!"

MY FAMILY AND I APPRECIATE THE RELIABILITY & VALUE

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "THE ELECTRONIC SUSPENSION IS GREAT"

Cons: "THE REAR DOOR SHOULD OPEN UPWARD LIKE RX MODELS"

"THIS 2009 LEXUS GX470 IS THE BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE VALUE,QUALITY,RELIABILITY AND COMFORT,FOR ME ITS THE BEST TRUCK EVER BUILT....MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF THIS TRUCK,INSIDE AND OUT..THIS TRUCKS PERFORMANCE IS JUST AMAZING.I WILL RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY."

Best Auto I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "great drive, power, comfort, styling, accesories,"

Cons: "gas mileage(but the safety is worth it)"

"LOVE this SUV. Previous to my purchase of the GX I had a 325XI which I adored. It was going to take something really special to make me trade it in. Well, the GX did it. I couldn't be any happier with the ride, safety, luxury feel, look/styling, convenience. I really appreciate this vehicle when I get into something else. I can't wait to get back in behind the wheel of my SUV. I would say if you are looking for a SUV that you would put your mother, grandmother and kids all at one time, this is the one! I anticipate it lasting for 200,000 miles so don't look for me in a car dealership anytime soon!!"

Almost 10 years and a fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "great to drive, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "don't like the way the back door swings"

"This care has been wonderful for almost 10 years. Reliable, comfortable, spacious and fun."

Smoother than anything you could think of!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, backup camera, third row seat"

"I just purchased a 04 lexusGX 470 and what a pleasure to own! Very smooth and quiet like you're driving a sedan. Engine is quiet and third row seats is the best! The car is seats up to 8 people and that really comes in handy for us. Never would want to give up a car like this. The best thing about the car is that it's spacious. Think twice about buying another car because this is your choice!"

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Rare luxury SUV

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, full utility, luxury and reliability"

Cons: "rear jumper seats small, boot space limited"

"Purchased this car for my wife and our two young sons. I did extensive research to find the best mix of utility, safety, style, ride quality and reliability. From utility perspective, this is a truly acclaimed off road vehicle. Based upon legendary Toyota Landcruiser, this vehicle can handle our once a year snow storm and winter ski vacations in the mountains. It has all the settings to down crawl steep and icy terrain, or climb without applying too much torque. In the off road deep snow, we can separate the front and rear driveline to maneuver bumpy off roads. This is with the Lexus defined ride quality (has three ride settings; sport, normal and comfort), reliability and style. This is luxury inside and out. The quality of materials, suppleness, the cabin acoustic quietness separate this vehicle from the competition. The Japan derived wheelbase and cabin size, are sufficient for us and provide a uniquely small footprint (can park into compact spaces). It makes for an easy to maneuver and drive vehicle. Rear backup cameras and parking sensors give you extra confidence. The third row seats are occasionally used but could only fit small adults or kids. There isn't a ton of storage space like larger sized US based SUVs. That is why I cannot give Interior and Convenience a 10. These cars run long into the mileage with very minor issues to deal with, except items like tires, lights, etc.."

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals