2005 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

I made the right purchase!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, reliable, ++ conveniences"

Cons: "Low MPG, rear swing gate isn't always convenient"

"I bought my 2005 GX470 almost a year ago and it had 128k miles on it. Even though it has quite a few miles on it, the ride quality, engine, transmission, and even the condition of the leather seats and interior make it feel like it's a newer car. I have had numerous Toyo/Lexus products (2 Camrys, Supra, 4Runner, 2 GS400s) but this one has impressed me a lot. Even though it's built on a truck chassis, the ride is smooth and stable in corners, it doesn't lean even though it's a pretty tall vehicle. I love all the convenience features it has, rain sensing wipers, DVD system, blue tooth, 3rd row seats that fold up. This is the first AWD vehicle I've owned and it was superb in the snow. The only negative I can come up with is the gas mileage, I've been averaging 16-17 mpg, but considering the power of the 4.7 V8 I'll take the trade off."

Absolutely flawless ownership experience.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, quality, reliability."

Cons: "Fuel economy."

"Big, roomy, and comfortable, without the longer wheelbase of a truly large SUV, this car has been fantastic. Purchased new, this is our first Lexus, but all of the Salesman's lies about how you never have any trouble with them turned out to be true. 116,000 miles and it has never let us down. Still completely tight, I wouldn't be shocked if goes another 300,000 miles. No repairs other than normal wear items. It rides great, has a nice tight turning radius, has great acceleration, and is comfortable and quiet. The all wheel drive system with traction control is absolutely amazing in winter driving conditions. The 4.7 liter v8 will makes you forget that this is a 5,000 lb car. This won't be our last Lexus."

Smoother than anything you could think of!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, backup camera, third row seat"

"I just purchased a 04 lexusGX 470 and what a pleasure to own! Very smooth and quiet like you're driving a sedan. Engine is quiet and third row seats is the best! The car is seats up to 8 people and that really comes in handy for us. Never would want to give up a car like this. The best thing about the car is that it's spacious. Think twice about buying another car because this is your choice!"

Luxury and comfort in a family car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, handles well, stylish, sturdy"

Cons: "Just 1: the 8 cyl uses more gas than I would like"

"I was hit head-on while driving my husband's Lexus sedan in 2005. Both my son and I walked away with only scraches from the air bags! I felt so safe in a Lexus product that we replaced it with another--this time, a family SUV. I am only 5'1" and have a hard time feeling comfortable in most cars but the adjustability and thick padded seats make this vehicle the most comfortable I have ever driven. The moon roof is fun and sporty on a warm summer day and helps to cool the car quickly by letting the hot air escape when I first get in. It's a great family vehicle, and the DVD player helps keep the kids occupied on long rides...but it is also luxurious enough to take friends out for the evening. A 6-disc changer and the Levinson sound system make an enjoyable listening experience while driving. Very little outside noise penetrates the windows. It is about as soundproof as a car can be. The 8 cylinder engine gives the car a strong pick-up and even ride on the highway."

Best SUV I've Owned

By on Friday, September 02, 2011

Pros: "Fit and finish, engine, powertrain, reliable, roomy."

Cons: "Rear hatch"

"I've had two SUVs prior to the GX. Both were Mercedes MLs and both were less than adequate. I purchased my GX in 2005 and have 72000 miles on it. This SUV has never given me any trouble, rides better than some sedans, and is extremely reliable. I've also found a great dealership that actually treats it's customers like royality. Fit and finish, engine and powertrain are excellent. I've took the GX off road several times and it performed great. At 72K miles I still have the original tires. However, I have one complaint. The rear door (rear hatch) opens to the left. It would be nice to have it open up. Other than that this is a terrific vehicle, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in purchasing a SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals