"We've owned 3 different Lexus - SC 430 convertible, RX 300, GX 470.
The only downside to any of Lexus's AWD SUVs is the gas mileage. Which there was a quality SUV built that could get in the 40 MPG. But I know that just isn't realistic, as you pay for the weight and size of driving a bigger vehicle."
"Love this car. Only a few minor issues that I am sure Lexus addressed in later models.
- V6 would have been a much better engine. To much power and poor gas economy
- Rear vent windows should have been electric like the Landcruiser had the same year
- Rear tailgate door mechanism arm to keep it open is archaic and if you do not engage it, it will close on you
- Did not have good stability in the snow compared to Landcruiser i previously had owned and should have kept
- Back seat was just too narrow to get three people across"
"I was disappointed in this vehicle because it rode more like a truck. We own a Lexus RX 350 and it drove better and handle better than the GX. I was expecting more. I decided to buy another RX 350. Now there's a great car."