2004 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Love this SUV. No issues since day one.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "great realibility and quality"

"Lexus makes quality cars. This is my 2nd Lexus and will only buy Lexus. We had an Infinity and had multiple recalls."

Rare luxury SUV

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, full utility, luxury and reliability"

Cons: "rear jumper seats small, boot space limited"

"Purchased this car for my wife and our two young sons. I did extensive research to find the best mix of utility, safety, style, ride quality and reliability. From utility perspective, this is a truly acclaimed off road vehicle. Based upon legendary Toyota Landcruiser, this vehicle can handle our once a year snow storm and winter ski vacations in the mountains. It has all the settings to down crawl steep and icy terrain, or climb without applying too much torque. In the off road deep snow, we can separate the front and rear driveline to maneuver bumpy off roads. This is with the Lexus defined ride quality (has three ride settings; sport, normal and comfort), reliability and style. This is luxury inside and out. The quality of materials, suppleness, the cabin acoustic quietness separate this vehicle from the competition. The Japan derived wheelbase and cabin size, are sufficient for us and provide a uniquely small footprint (can park into compact spaces). It makes for an easy to maneuver and drive vehicle. Rear backup cameras and parking sensors give you extra confidence. The third row seats are occasionally used but could only fit small adults or kids. There isn't a ton of storage space like larger sized US based SUVs. That is why I cannot give Interior and Convenience a 10. These cars run long into the mileage with very minor issues to deal with, except items like tires, lights, etc.."

my best vehicle in over 50 yrs.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This is by far the nicest car or suv we have ever owned. I have had 0 trouble with it. Just keep the oil changed, tires rotated and that is it."

Lexus 2004 GX470

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"Thought that the ride would be better with adjustible ride settings. Lacking independent rear suspension results in significant shocks to passengers when exiting or entering driveways. Front suspension is also less than acceptable as the steering wheel shimmies at freeway speeds even after multiple attempts to correct by the dealer. Nice to look at and sit in, but the ride has convinced me to return at the end of the lease less than satisfied."

A really safe vehicle

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Unfortunately my wife recently was in a serious auto accident, fortunatley she was driving our GX 470. The car's safety features did their thing and my wife walked away with only bumps and bruises but our GX 470 was totaled. Our sincere thanks to the safety engineers at Lexus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals