2014 Lexus GS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $52,801 - $55,476.

10/7.6

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Very Very Good but easily good be better.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "comfortable on the hwy and can handle the twisties"

Cons: "poor gas mileage week nav system"

"Handles very well, extremely quiet with a growl when you step on it. Voice controls are frustrating, why not a 7 or 8 speed for better gas mileage which is around 25 on hwy for me. Seats are the best and most comfortable I have ever sat in. No fog lights on the F sport??? Nav system dated."

A Dream Ride

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Dream ride in both comfort and style."

Cons: "MPG should have been better."

"I purchased the F Sport package in Nubula Gray with the dark red interior. I have 20in custom - from Lexus - wheels. It looks AWESOME!! Rides like a dream with those 18-way adjustable seats. It floats on the highway until you hit the gas and then it roars both outside as well as in. I can't get enough, all my trips are entirely too short. I park it outside my office window so I can look at it all day -- mind you, I've had it since July 2012 and I'm still loving the heck out of it!! I'm not telling you not to check out the competition, I'm just saying drive the F Sport last and then you'll know what I'm saying... Joy."

You will fall in love again

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Engineering marvel..luxury...comfort..safety..."

Cons: "I have everything i need in my car"

"I have been a proud owner since July last year...I dont regret this one bit...I have seen a lot of folks who are very biased towards German cars but i do request you to take a test drive of the GS 350 F sport model before you decide on buying the car... My favorite features of the car.. 1) Pleasure to drive - Remarkable handling in all driving modes...Love the Sport modes ..The variable suspension kicks in and also the braking power is better with the sport modes..Feels very safe and sturdy always...also has a remarkably small turning radius compared to other cars in the league 2) Gorgeous interior....Luxurious leather interiors compared to a more plasticky feel in the Beamers and other German cars... 3) Decent mpg with for a 3.5 liter engine...I get an avg of 22 mpg with a lot of city driving... 4) Love the add on features like the dynamic radar cruise control...Car stops if the car ahead of you comes to a stop on the freeway... Lexus stand for luxury..comfort...and an awesome driving feel...its for car lovers of all kinds... Please test drive the GS 350 F sport before going for other cars in the same league which will cost you 20k more..."

Very solid and trustworthy car

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I have been looking fr a new car for months.. I've seen the Audi a6/7-very unintreresting interior with lots of hard generic plastic, not to mention uncomfortable seats. The mb e350 interior and electronics are oldish and not beautiful for me. BMW 5 is good looking (cant never distinguish the3/5/7) but unrealizable and I hated the turbo lag. Jags interior is nice but small slow screen and again reliability is a concern. So, the Lexus has the best interior. Extremely comfortable seats. Nimble and fast. It's not perfect, no cars are, but for me was the best of the bunch."

2013 GS 350 AWD F Sport

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

"Car is a head turner!! I have Riviera Red w/black leather interior. Car is a joy to drive and F Sport option is a must for driving enthusiasts. The increased torque in F Sport sets engine apart from base GS. Before you go buy e A6, 5 Series BMW or Mercedes E - do yourself a favor and test drive this car. You'll love it!"

The BEST car ever

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"First, let me say, I've owned Mercedes, BMW, and Volvo ranging from sport versions to S-Classes. Of all the cars I've owned this is absolutely the most fun to drive. The fit and finish is flawless. It is a shockingly quiet car even at full speed :) It's looks are personal but definitely attention grabbing. Everyone that I have had as a passenger has commented on how beautiful the car is. I have the F-Sport, so performance is better than most, so much so that I very very rarely have to push the car to its limit to get what I need out of it. It's so nice to always know you have reserve. It is stable at high speed and it's turning radius is just unbelieveable. The steering could/should be a bit tighter but he feel and reaction time is good. Did I mention it's very reliable? I drive ALOT and with 55,000 miles on the car, I have not had a single issue, inside or out. I expect to drive it another 55,000 miles before I think about it. I cannot recommend this car more! It is definitely the best value for the money! I upgraded the radio and interior when i purchased it in 2012 and it has become my second home."

Best buy between $50,000 to $60,000 in a Mid-Size

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive...for the price, it is value"

Cons: "Spills coffee when hammered - get a tall cup"

"1) Fit and Finish of interior and exterior is flawless 2) Primary options are excellent (Navigation esp.) 3) Performance is excellent to 60mph and 1/4 mile for AWD 4) Car is fun to drive, hugs the road, hugs the road 5) Backup camera and parking assist are outstanding 6) Economy is just average...all in this class are average 7) Quality of leather seats is excellent and comfortable 8) Dealer service is outstanding -- as it should be 9) I feel younger driving this -- a head turner, the car not me 10) I earned it...now it is time to keep people employed"

Very nice vehicle. Exceptional acceleration.

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Great acceleration, low noise, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Cramped rear seating"

"The 2013 Lexus GS has great acceleration, exceptional cornering and handling for a mid size sedan. All this with a very comfortable, low noise ride at any speed. Really nice leather and finishing touches. Rear seating was cramped but it's a sport sedan, right? I enjoy the driving experience of this vehicle especially in the seldom used "sport" mode. The color "Fire Agate" is hot."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Renovated Radio system, overall look"

"Test drove it and I was immediately sold. Tried to remove any doubt by test driving the Acura TL and the new Infinity Q50, absolutely no comparison. If you to want mix sport luxury with value for you money, this is the way to go."

One of the most exciting cars I've ever driven.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Great price, easy maintenance"

Cons: "Bugs love the front end."

"Performance is excellent. The interior is situated to allow the driver access to almost everything they need. The interior is beautiful and luxurious. The exterior is sleek and awesome. I have the black one F Sport. When you hit the gas pedal the car moves/responds quickly. The maintenance plan is cheap in price. Oil changes every 10K Miles and fairly inexpensive. The car is worth the price. If there is one fault, its the front end. The design of the Lexus ensures bugs splat all over the front."

great sports sedan

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "styling, fun to drive, quality, interior"

Cons: "none that I can think of!"

"Fast V-6, great quality and styling. Interior is beautiful, leather bits are well done, great large screen navigation, good fuel economy for the performance."

Great Sports driving - Terrible dash electronics

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "quick, agile and strong cornering."

Cons: "Tire noise, terrible electronics - hard to use!!!"

"Leased this car after Hyundai Genesis as I wanted a more engaging chassis & I certainly got strong capable handling. Very light steering but precise. Agile and light feeling car with some good sport violence when you ask for it. BUT - I HATE the terrible dash & electronics setup & contrast with Genesis was shocking. iPod integration, NAV, route management, radio presets are so poorly done on the Lexus that you will hardly use them. Most everything is many extra clicks to do anything and then still works badly. Steering wheel controls poor E.g. media player jumps from tracks w/o regard to artist or album. Car beeps when lights set to auto and you open the door. older iPod shows up as USB & then says no songs. Dash jumps back to NAV all the time when exploring SAT channels. Tuning knob hard to reach. Radio presets oddly organized. Great driving car, but you won't get much value out of the dash. If the high tech stuff matters to you then TEST before buying as there are far better implementations out there. Lexus should be ashamed of this part of the car."

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "The car is quick, comfortable & great to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had remote start standard"

"I know people are entitled to their opinion but I get tired of people complaining about minor things! This car is well worth buying and in comparison to BMW which is a great car; the services on it will drain your bank account. However, the Lexus resale value and longevity outweighs most in it's class. The GS model has all the luxury and has a 306hp engine that gets the job done! I've purchased Toyota products and no one can deny money saved from years without major repairs. If you want a nice car, want to keep your money in the bank and want peace of mind; buy a Toyota or Lexus and thank me in 5 years."

Good but could be better

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy. Good suspension, Handling, Interior, Finish"

Cons: "NAV, Controls, Poor range"

"I switched to 2013 GS AWD from 2008 GS. The Good: Being tall (6'3") the difference is noticeable; More room in the front and back. Excelent suspension; Luxurious interior and finish. Very comfy seats; Decent acceleration and smooth transmission; Improved dashboard. Now the Bad: Terrible NAV - late for exits, voice commands are useless, no traffic info (my portable 4 year old $90 TomTom does better job); Small Fuel Tank - range about 320mi; Difficult Radio Controls. Radio shuts down when engine is off - no accessory mode; Front seat automatically goes all the way back when driver removes the seatbelt - someone seating in the rear can get very uncomfortable; Rear seat do not fold forward, only small opening. Console controls are cluttered - too many buttons. I would place GS just behind 5 series BMW but way ahead of E-series Benz or A6 Audi. BMW is just fun to drive (I lease one) - handling, acceleration, suspension, simplicity of controls. However, Lexus' quality is unmatched and it has most room in the front."

Excellent for comfort and luxury

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

"I have owned this vehicle for 1.5 yrs. I have not had any problems with it. It has met all my expectations with the exception of performance. Lexus should have turbocharged or supercharged the FSport model. It has get up and go but not the kind that just leaves a BIG smile on your face. Handling is excellent and it certainly is an eye catcher. I parked next to a black 750 series BMW and by chance we were both getting to our cars at the same time. The BMW owner was quite complementary about the looks of my GS350FSport. I get great comments all the time. Went on a 1500 mile drive with my wife and after driving for 12 hrs we were both very pleased with how comfortable the seating was and that neither of us felt cramped up."

Way better tham my previous MB

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "almost everything"

Cons: "GPS"

"The only thing I will complain about this car, is the GPS, the worst I have ever had. Other than that the car is the greatest."

I was surprised at how good a car it is.

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior, price"

Cons: "Body style could be a little sharper."

"I have had the car 2.5 years and 30,000 miles. I have yet to hear my first rattle and except for a defective battery early on, the car has been trouble free. I compared it to the E350 and the 5 series. I thought it rode and handled as well as the others and it was $9K less than the others. I would highly recommend it."

This is one of the best driving hybrids...

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "amazing MPG"

Cons: "iPod interface could be little more integrated"

"The MPG is incredible, 35 MPG! The ride is amazing and the interior quality is above the rest. The optional 12.5" navi screen is the best on the market. You don't have to battle between radio info and a clear uncluttered map! Even the HOLD feature allows you to take your foot off the brake and it automatically holds the car for you, amazing! This is a true drivers car, if you are on the road all day this is the car for you. Take it for a test drive you will not be disappointed."

The Lexus GS F, AWD is a Blast to Own.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Flexible, Great Looking"

Cons: "None up to 40,000 miles."

"I fell in love with this car from the moment I drove it off the lot. The GS is roomy enough for a family and fun enough for a romp with a competitor or a long road trip. The engine feels like more then 305hp, especially in sport mode. I have impressed many of my friends owning much higher end cars. As many have said before me, fit and finish are fine and the best materials were used in the interior finishes. I opted for the LED package allowing for extra accents. The leather is attractive and durable. It stands up well to Grand kids shoes and treats and cleans up nicely."

Love my 350 GS Luxury model

By on Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Pros: "Good value, Lexus reliability, awesome dealership,"

Cons: "Voice recognition"

"I saw the car driving down a billboard in times square. I was in love with a car for the first time in years. I flew home and bought one. The sport plus mode is fast, braking excellent and the 800+ watt stereo upgrade was pricey but I love it every day. My only complaint is the voice recognition system; Lexus needs to work out a deal with Apple. I have gone to default usage of my i-phone and the blue tooth for voice recognition. Its fast , beautiful and handles great. I wont sell this car for a very long time."

I love this car. Dream to drive.

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"It is a sports car. Actually it is a bit of a rocket! Gas...30.5 mpg. Ave. over the entire time I have owned it. I have the sports car mentality....but, alas I have stuff to haul. Large stuff....back seat is not as big as I need...sometime. But while I have the privilege of owning and driving it ...I love it. My navigation is fine and rather than setting destinations myself, I just call lexus Enform and they do all that for me. We just bought a place in the mountains in New Mexico. My husband and I both like "straightening" the curves out! This is main reason I have more miles on my GS. We drive mine and not his LS460 L. We do have fun driving it."

Better than the LS460

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pros: "Best headlights on the road. Quietest in class."

Cons: "No complaints."

"This is a very handsome car. Inside and out. Very quiet inside and certainly a very luxurious interior. The nav, audio, media and information systems work very well. There are no problems with voice commands and the nav system is very easy to set up and use. We had a 1999 GS300 and sold it with 178,000 miles gone by. It was the most reliable automobile I have ever driven. The new GS350 is a huge jump ahead. After driving and shopping the German cars, it was easy to pick Lexus again. More value and far superior reliability with the bonus of costing about $10,000 less made it a deal. And Lexus continues to set the standard for customer care and satisfaction. Last but not least: two 800 mile road trips resulted in over 30mpg at Interstate speeds. Incredible!"

sneaky fast and quiet

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "big bang for the buck - reliable and safe"

Cons: "needs tightening of the steering/handling"

"A wonderful cruiser with great trunk space. Very safe to drive in all weather conditions"

Fun Car

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, looks good"

Cons: "lousy radio, car tries to outguess me on air/heat"

Black Beauty

"This is our first luxury car that's fun to drive. This car handles nice, cruises nice and has plenty of power. Front & back seats are very comfortable and easy to adjust. Nice large trunk. Love the keyless entry & starting. Like the auto windshield wipers, but sometimes they don't keep up with the amount of rain. Our main complaint is the very poor quality of radio reception. Also the heat & air controls can not be adjusted the way you want them, rather Lexus takes control the way they think you may want them. No default setting! You always have to readjust the controls every time you start it. Too bad it needs premium gas, although mileage average is about 24, extended freeway is about 30."

Black Beauty

Great but dull driver

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Expensive...probably best 2013 Lexus available."

Cons: "Tech for sake of tech"

"Very good vehicle, but needs more performance. Not a performance car or a true luxury car. The gee wizz techno stuff is hard to operate...must look away from driving too much...would not buy again."