2014 Lexus GS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $44,161 - $46,314.

10/7.6

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

great sports sedan

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "styling, fun to drive, quality, interior"

Cons: "none that I can think of!"

"Fast V-6, great quality and styling. Interior is beautiful, leather bits are well done, great large screen navigation, good fuel economy for the performance."

Great Sports driving - Terrible dash electronics

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "quick, agile and strong cornering."

Cons: "Tire noise, terrible electronics - hard to use!!!"

"Leased this car after Hyundai Genesis as I wanted a more engaging chassis & I certainly got strong capable handling. Very light steering but precise. Agile and light feeling car with some good sport violence when you ask for it. BUT - I HATE the terrible dash & electronics setup & contrast with Genesis was shocking. iPod integration, NAV, route management, radio presets are so poorly done on the Lexus that you will hardly use them. Most everything is many extra clicks to do anything and then still works badly. Steering wheel controls poor E.g. media player jumps from tracks w/o regard to artist or album. Car beeps when lights set to auto and you open the door. older iPod shows up as USB & then says no songs. Dash jumps back to NAV all the time when exploring SAT channels. Tuning knob hard to reach. Radio presets oddly organized. Great driving car, but you won't get much value out of the dash. If the high tech stuff matters to you then TEST before buying as there are far better implementations out there. Lexus should be ashamed of this part of the car."

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "The car is quick, comfortable & great to drive"

Cons: "Wish it had remote start standard"

"I know people are entitled to their opinion but I get tired of people complaining about minor things! This car is well worth buying and in comparison to BMW which is a great car; the services on it will drain your bank account. However, the Lexus resale value and longevity outweighs most in it's class. The GS model has all the luxury and has a 306hp engine that gets the job done! I've purchased Toyota products and no one can deny money saved from years without major repairs. If you want a nice car, want to keep your money in the bank and want peace of mind; buy a Toyota or Lexus and thank me in 5 years."

Good but could be better

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Roomy. Good suspension, Handling, Interior, Finish"

Cons: "NAV, Controls, Poor range"

"I switched to 2013 GS AWD from 2008 GS. The Good: Being tall (6'3") the difference is noticeable; More room in the front and back. Excelent suspension; Luxurious interior and finish. Very comfy seats; Decent acceleration and smooth transmission; Improved dashboard. Now the Bad: Terrible NAV - late for exits, voice commands are useless, no traffic info (my portable 4 year old $90 TomTom does better job); Small Fuel Tank - range about 320mi; Difficult Radio Controls. Radio shuts down when engine is off - no accessory mode; Front seat automatically goes all the way back when driver removes the seatbelt - someone seating in the rear can get very uncomfortable; Rear seat do not fold forward, only small opening. Console controls are cluttered - too many buttons. I would place GS just behind 5 series BMW but way ahead of E-series Benz or A6 Audi. BMW is just fun to drive (I lease one) - handling, acceleration, suspension, simplicity of controls. However, Lexus' quality is unmatched and it has most room in the front."

Way better tham my previous MB

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "almost everything"

Cons: "GPS"

"The only thing I will complain about this car, is the GPS, the worst I have ever had. Other than that the car is the greatest."

I was surprised at how good a car it is.

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "Ride, interior, price"

Cons: "Body style could be a little sharper."

"I have had the car 2.5 years and 30,000 miles. I have yet to hear my first rattle and except for a defective battery early on, the car has been trouble free. I compared it to the E350 and the 5 series. I thought it rode and handled as well as the others and it was $9K less than the others. I would highly recommend it."

This is one of the best driving hybrids...

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "amazing MPG"

Cons: "iPod interface could be little more integrated"

"The MPG is incredible, 35 MPG! The ride is amazing and the interior quality is above the rest. The optional 12.5" navi screen is the best on the market. You don't have to battle between radio info and a clear uncluttered map! Even the HOLD feature allows you to take your foot off the brake and it automatically holds the car for you, amazing! This is a true drivers car, if you are on the road all day this is the car for you. Take it for a test drive you will not be disappointed."

The Lexus GS F, AWD is a Blast to Own.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Flexible, Great Looking"

Cons: "None up to 40,000 miles."

"I fell in love with this car from the moment I drove it off the lot. The GS is roomy enough for a family and fun enough for a romp with a competitor or a long road trip. The engine feels like more then 305hp, especially in sport mode. I have impressed many of my friends owning much higher end cars. As many have said before me, fit and finish are fine and the best materials were used in the interior finishes. I opted for the LED package allowing for extra accents. The leather is attractive and durable. It stands up well to Grand kids shoes and treats and cleans up nicely."

I love this car. Dream to drive.

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"It is a sports car. Actually it is a bit of a rocket! Gas...30.5 mpg. Ave. over the entire time I have owned it. I have the sports car mentality....but, alas I have stuff to haul. Large stuff....back seat is not as big as I need...sometime. But while I have the privilege of owning and driving it ...I love it. My navigation is fine and rather than setting destinations myself, I just call lexus Enform and they do all that for me. We just bought a place in the mountains in New Mexico. My husband and I both like "straightening" the curves out! This is main reason I have more miles on my GS. We drive mine and not his LS460 L. We do have fun driving it."

Excellent for comfort and luxury

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

"I have owned this vehicle for 1.5 yrs. I have not had any problems with it. It has met all my expectations with the exception of performance. Lexus should have turbocharged or supercharged the FSport model. It has get up and go but not the kind that just leaves a BIG smile on your face. Handling is excellent and it certainly is an eye catcher. I parked next to a black 750 series BMW and by chance we were both getting to our cars at the same time. The BMW owner was quite complementary about the looks of my GS350FSport. I get great comments all the time. Went on a 1500 mile drive with my wife and after driving for 12 hrs we were both very pleased with how comfortable the seating was and that neither of us felt cramped up."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next