2013 Lexus GS

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Incredible

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "Luxury, tech, handling, safety, brakes, sound sys."

Cons: "Voice commands"

"It's simple-drive this car, then... Go to other makes in this class and drive their models... You'll be back. That's what I did. What???-the seats, the sound system, the amazing handling, the brakes, the sneaky refined power, the luxury? Then think... Do you want to shell out $ for repairs? Do you want a car that's stuck on the side of the road? Or worse That gives out in mid traffic? Do you want top of the line luxury that lasts? This car is the a winner ALL the way around!"

Best value in its class BY FAR

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great power, every desired feature, top quality"

Cons: "Styling takes getting used to"

"I'm a guy with well above average interest in cars. In the last 20 years, I have owned six cars in the GS/E-Class/5-Series class. This is my third Lexus GS and it is an outstanding car. Two points first. 1. We need to be honest and admit that the Germans overprice their cars. Not to take anything away from them, but it has become increasingly difficult to rationally justify the premium. They do not hold their value better than Lexus and their quality is not up to the Lexus bar. If you like the styling, features, driving characteristics, cache or ergonomics of one car over another, buy it and enjoy. Just be honest that you are not spending that much more for a better car. 2. Historically, the biggest difference between Lexus and the Germans was ride and handling. As I have gotten a little older (50 is now in the rearview mirror) the harshness of the German ride got harder and harder to take. I want to feel the road, but around the greater Chicagoland area, feeling the full scourge of every pothole can make a guy really cranky when he gets out of his fancy car. The current generation GS is a marked improvement in driving capabilities over its predecessors, particularly handling. The historical gap between the GS and its german competitors is nowhere near where it once was. I haven't shipped the car over to Nurburgring to run the loop and doubt anyone else will do that either. But for daily driving and hitting twisty country roads, it is tough to beat the GS in the handling category. As to ride, I don't think you can select any car in this class and judge one better than another. They are different. The GS has great rigidity while not rattling bones. I prefer that choice for reasons stated above. The car has every bell and whistle one could want. I learned years ago that buying an extended warranty is a waste of money as nothing ever goes wrong with Lexus cars. The new styling is OK. I liked the previous generation more but think the minor tweaks to the current generation made for 2016 make a major improvement. The car feels luxurious and no one confuses it with a Taurus or Accord. Overall, both thumbs way up."

A Car to Own

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Overall Performance-Handling, Brakes, Tires"

Cons: "Voice Commands-have room for improvement"

"A mixture of sophistication and sport. Everything about this car is solid luxury. Classy, comfortable, quiet ride at all speeds. Such responsive and intuitive handling, you'll get the feeling it could do back-flips on demand. Controlled- quiet, alert power. The tech features, brakes, tires, steering, and finish of interior and exterior are top of the line. Excellent sound system. Safety, and of course the awesome reliability separates the "Wanna Be's" from the highest quality vehicle. Drove many other makes, and kept coming back to the GS. Lexus did a great job, and bumped themselves up a notch with this car."

2013 GS 350 AWD F Sport

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Car is a head turner!! I have Riviera Red w/black leather interior. Car is a joy to drive and F Sport option is a must for driving enthusiasts. The increased torque in F Sport sets engine apart from base GS. Before you go buy e A6, 5 Series BMW or Mercedes E - do yourself a favor and test drive this car. You'll love it!"

Very solid and trustworthy car

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I have been looking fr a new car for months.. I've seen the Audi a6/7-very unintreresting interior with lots of hard generic plastic, not to mention uncomfortable seats. The mb e350 interior and electronics are oldish and not beautiful for me. BMW 5 is good looking (cant never distinguish the3/5/7) but unrealizable and I hated the turbo lag. Jags interior is nice but small slow screen and again reliability is a concern. So, the Lexus has the best interior. Extremely comfortable seats. Nimble and fast. It's not perfect, no cars are, but for me was the best of the bunch."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals