2013 Lexus GS

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Incredible

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "Luxury, tech, handling, safety, brakes, sound sys."

Cons: "Voice commands"

"It's simple-drive this car, then... Go to other makes in this class and drive their models... You'll be back. That's what I did. What???-the seats, the sound system, the amazing handling, the brakes, the sneaky refined power, the luxury? Then think... Do you want to shell out $ for repairs? Do you want a car that's stuck on the side of the road? Or worse That gives out in mid traffic? Do you want top of the line luxury that lasts? This car is the a winner ALL the way around!"

Best value in its class BY FAR

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great power, every desired feature, top quality"

Cons: "Styling takes getting used to"

"I'm a guy with well above average interest in cars. In the last 20 years, I have owned six cars in the GS/E-Class/5-Series class. This is my third Lexus GS and it is an outstanding car. Two points first. 1. We need to be honest and admit that the Germans overprice their cars. Not to take anything away from them, but it has become increasingly difficult to rationally justify the premium. They do not hold their value better than Lexus and their quality is not up to the Lexus bar. If you like the styling, features, driving characteristics, cache or ergonomics of one car over another, buy it and enjoy. Just be honest that you are not spending that much more for a better car. 2. Historically, the biggest difference between Lexus and the Germans was ride and handling. As I have gotten a little older (50 is now in the rearview mirror) the harshness of the German ride got harder and harder to take. I want to feel the road, but around the greater Chicagoland area, feeling the full scourge of every pothole can make a guy really cranky when he gets out of his fancy car. The current generation GS is a marked improvement in driving capabilities over its predecessors, particularly handling. The historical gap between the GS and its german competitors is nowhere near where it once was. I haven't shipped the car over to Nurburgring to run the loop and doubt anyone else will do that either. But for daily driving and hitting twisty country roads, it is tough to beat the GS in the handling category. As to ride, I don't think you can select any car in this class and judge one better than another. They are different. The GS has great rigidity while not rattling bones. I prefer that choice for reasons stated above. The car has every bell and whistle one could want. I learned years ago that buying an extended warranty is a waste of money as nothing ever goes wrong with Lexus cars. The new styling is OK. I liked the previous generation more but think the minor tweaks to the current generation made for 2016 make a major improvement. The car feels luxurious and no one confuses it with a Taurus or Accord. Overall, both thumbs way up."

A Car to Own

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Overall Performance-Handling, Brakes, Tires"

Cons: "Voice Commands-have room for improvement"

"A mixture of sophistication and sport. Everything about this car is solid luxury. Classy, comfortable, quiet ride at all speeds. Such responsive and intuitive handling, you'll get the feeling it could do back-flips on demand. Controlled- quiet, alert power. The tech features, brakes, tires, steering, and finish of interior and exterior are top of the line. Excellent sound system. Safety, and of course the awesome reliability separates the "Wanna Be's" from the highest quality vehicle. Drove many other makes, and kept coming back to the GS. Lexus did a great job, and bumped themselves up a notch with this car."

2013 GS 350 AWD F Sport

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Car is a head turner!! I have Riviera Red w/black leather interior. Car is a joy to drive and F Sport option is a must for driving enthusiasts. The increased torque in F Sport sets engine apart from base GS. Before you go buy e A6, 5 Series BMW or Mercedes E - do yourself a favor and test drive this car. You'll love it!"

Very Very Good but easily good be better.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "comfortable on the hwy and can handle the twisties"

Cons: "poor gas mileage week nav system"

"Handles very well, extremely quiet with a growl when you step on it. Voice controls are frustrating, why not a 7 or 8 speed for better gas mileage which is around 25 on hwy for me. Seats are the best and most comfortable I have ever sat in. No fog lights on the F sport??? Nav system dated."

Very solid and trustworthy car

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I have been looking fr a new car for months.. I've seen the Audi a6/7-very unintreresting interior with lots of hard generic plastic, not to mention uncomfortable seats. The mb e350 interior and electronics are oldish and not beautiful for me. BMW 5 is good looking (cant never distinguish the3/5/7) but unrealizable and I hated the turbo lag. Jags interior is nice but small slow screen and again reliability is a concern. So, the Lexus has the best interior. Extremely comfortable seats. Nimble and fast. It's not perfect, no cars are, but for me was the best of the bunch."

A Dream Ride

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Dream ride in both comfort and style."

Cons: "MPG should have been better."

"I purchased the F Sport package in Nubula Gray with the dark red interior. I have 20in custom - from Lexus - wheels. It looks AWESOME!! Rides like a dream with those 18-way adjustable seats. It floats on the highway until you hit the gas and then it roars both outside as well as in. I can't get enough, all my trips are entirely too short. I park it outside my office window so I can look at it all day -- mind you, I've had it since July 2012 and I'm still loving the heck out of it!! I'm not telling you not to check out the competition, I'm just saying drive the F Sport last and then you'll know what I'm saying... Joy."

The BEST car ever

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"First, let me say, I've owned Mercedes, BMW, and Volvo ranging from sport versions to S-Classes. Of all the cars I've owned this is absolutely the most fun to drive. The fit and finish is flawless. It is a shockingly quiet car even at full speed :) It's looks are personal but definitely attention grabbing. Everyone that I have had as a passenger has commented on how beautiful the car is. I have the F-Sport, so performance is better than most, so much so that I very very rarely have to push the car to its limit to get what I need out of it. It's so nice to always know you have reserve. It is stable at high speed and it's turning radius is just unbelieveable. The steering could/should be a bit tighter but he feel and reaction time is good. Did I mention it's very reliable? I drive ALOT and with 55,000 miles on the car, I have not had a single issue, inside or out. I expect to drive it another 55,000 miles before I think about it. I cannot recommend this car more! It is definitely the best value for the money! I upgraded the radio and interior when i purchased it in 2012 and it has become my second home."

One of the most exciting cars I've ever driven.

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Great price, easy maintenance"

Cons: "Bugs love the front end."

"Performance is excellent. The interior is situated to allow the driver access to almost everything they need. The interior is beautiful and luxurious. The exterior is sleek and awesome. I have the black one F Sport. When you hit the gas pedal the car moves/responds quickly. The maintenance plan is cheap in price. Oil changes every 10K Miles and fairly inexpensive. The car is worth the price. If there is one fault, its the front end. The design of the Lexus ensures bugs splat all over the front."

Better than the LS460

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pros: "Best headlights on the road. Quietest in class."

Cons: "No complaints."

"This is a very handsome car. Inside and out. Very quiet inside and certainly a very luxurious interior. The nav, audio, media and information systems work very well. There are no problems with voice commands and the nav system is very easy to set up and use. We had a 1999 GS300 and sold it with 178,000 miles gone by. It was the most reliable automobile I have ever driven. The new GS350 is a huge jump ahead. After driving and shopping the German cars, it was easy to pick Lexus again. More value and far superior reliability with the bonus of costing about $10,000 less made it a deal. And Lexus continues to set the standard for customer care and satisfaction. Last but not least: two 800 mile road trips resulted in over 30mpg at Interstate speeds. Incredible!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals